What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats man!!!
Canadan said:
Just bought myself a Taylormade r9 driver.

YEEEEEAAAAAH!! The driver hunt is ooooooveeeeer!

A dozen Pentas. I also hit a stiff 10* Diablo Edge at Golf Galaxy. It's hot. 260 to 270 on their simulator screen and almost every one straight as a string. The GG guy was like, "dude, how often do you miss a fairway?" They'll give me $60 for my Ft-i and then I could sell the free Kodak Video camera on Ebay. I'm thinking this over.

Kevin

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a conference in Orlando and I won a Callaway Diablo Edge 3H w/ graphite shaft. I already have the 2H and 3H Diablo hybrids. So, I took my latest prized to Edwin Watts to see what I could get.....lo and behold, trade-in values was $159..BOOYAA! I picked out a red Sun Mountain Micro Cart and paid $43 bucks. SCORE!

Last edited:
Yesterday my wife and I made the golf shop rounds of Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith. Golfsmith had a clearance rack of tennis shoes and golf shoes. On the ladies side was a pair of Ecco's for $60 in my wife's size. Both of us have been involved with golf for 30 years each. But, we've never had any Ecco's.

Everytime I play golf with someone who has a pair, I ask them their opinion and they just rave about the comfort and quality.

My wife's always worn Nike and Callaway, for the most part (They do have some cool looking shoes). But, they are designed for looks, not comfort. Well, she couldn't believe how comfortable they were. So, I got them for her.

I also found a pair of cool looking Adidas Driver Prima's ladies shoes for her.
8796509011998.jpg

When we checked out, Golfsmith was doing a 10% off deal for signing up for "rewards" (emails).

DSCF6393.jpg
[/IMG]

I just picked up my new Ping G15's. :joy: I got a 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, UW, SW custom fitted by my golf coach. I am more comfortable hitting my hybrids for the longer clubs. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

Sweet sticks KelyBo! There's just something about PING's...

Just bought myself a Taylormade r9 driver.

YEEEEEAAAAAH!! The driver hunt is ooooooveeeeer!

nice! now it's time to start shaft shopping....hehe

DSCF6393.jpg
[/IMG]

I just picked up my new Ping G15's. :joy: I got a 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, UW, SW custom fitted by my golf coach. I am more comfortable hitting my hybrids for the longer clubs. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

congrats on the purchase. I love my pings.

Set of S300's for the 4DX Pro's I have sitting on the shelf in .355's and a set for the Adams A7's that haven't even gotten here b/c I just don't think a 95g shaft is going to work for me.

Also about to close on a 37* Niblick finally, I will now have 3 and must convince myself to stay away from the 56* as my Vokey is filling that gap nicely lol

Thanks Yoc! I am puuuuuumped!

I bought a used TP version with the aldila voodoo in it, so I am going to work with that for now... Maybe a new shaft for Christmas or something haha

screw christmas, get yourself to the outing this fall and i can assure you that you'll find the perfect shaft for that R9.

screw christmas, get yourself to the outing this fall and i can assure you that you'll find the perfect shaft for that R9.

I second that. JB had both TC and I leaving with Miazaki shafts.

Cant keep my dang computer off of Ebay....
Just got the following:

IMG_8850_DCE.jpg

Used Nickent 3dx for $30. Traded my pinseeker in and got $15 so 15 was out of pocket. The 3dx has a stiff flex and my old one didnt. This should tide me over till those fybrids drop in price. It hits sweet. And I got a free lesson!!!

Since I got internet turned on here at the new house yesterday, its been downhill fast....just nabbed...

4DX CB 5i head (had 6-SW and couldn't sell them so might as well, right? I'll just have 4 fulls sets shafted when the Adams arrive now...sheesh)
2 Iomic Large putter grips from regripit.com (Use the customer10 discount! Have one already but now all the SeeMores will have them...)
Grip Remover (needed one for a LONG while)
Grip Solvent (was out)

Add to that the Adams A7's, Fybrid 21*, and Niblick 37* over the last threed days and the wife is NOT going to be happy when the mail starts coming in next week! At least I sold a TON of stuff to fund these purchases...right? Right?

Since I got internet turned on here at the new house yesterday, its been downhill fast....just nabbed...

4DX CB 5i head (had 6-SW and couldn't sell them so might as well, right? I'll just have 4 fulls sets shafted when the Adams arrive now...sheesh)
2 Iomic Large putter grips from regripit.com (Use the customer10 discount! Have one already but now all the SeeMores will have them...)
Grip Remover (needed one for a LONG while)
Grip Solvent (was out)

Add to that the Adams A7's, Fybrid 21*, and Niblick 37* over the last threed days and the wife is NOT going to be happy when the mail starts coming in next week! At least I sold a TON of stuff to fund these purchases...right? Right?

right! at least your off-loading as well, she can't complain about that, right?

right! at least your off-loading as well, she can't complain about that, right?

Not usually. I've been particularly saavy in most of my buys and have actually made money on most things to let me buy what I have, she's always impressed when I have a sell off. Problem now is, there's nothing I want to sell lol. I used to be amazed at guys who have backup sets...now I'm one of them! And then some! LOL!

I gave my custom specs to the golf pro today so he could get me a couple of Taylormade xFT wedges (54* and 58*). He cut me a deal so I couldn't pass it up. He sounds like he's willing so sell the spare faces cheaper than retail too. I'm really hoping this will clean up my short game I've been struggling with on occasion.

Two dozen Callaway Tour iS golf balls to try out for the first time (finally ran out of my stack of iX), and they gave me two free Callaway hats which enjoyed. I got one in black and the other in white :)

:odyssey: White Hot XG Mini Marxman $59.98 @ TGW.com

image.jpg

Bought a nickent 4dx 20 hybrid from dick's. It was 25% off of $100 and I had a $15 coupon off of $75, so I got it for $60. Not a bad deal. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow after work.

i got a pair of matching nickent hybrid head covers...
if i could get new wedges and new shafts for my irons... ill be all set for awhile

i got a pair of matching nickent hybrid head covers...
if i could get new wedges and new shafts for my irons... ill be all set for awhile

what shafts do you want for your irons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back