gabuzo

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a problem with my Irons, in that I swing outside to In and pull the shot straight left. No hook but dead straight left. Would it be prudent to stand further away from the ball in order to make it more difficult to come from the outside? I was just sitting outside having a beer and thinking about that so I decided to ask!

I would like to see you work on the baseball diamond drill that has been mentioned in a number of other threads. This will help you feel a more in to out type of pass. In a nut shell the drills is this: picture your ball on home plate. You want to hit the ball back over the pitchers head and if anything have it fall towards left field. To do this you need to swing out to right field. If you can get this visual place a tee out in front of the ball that you are going to hit and have it 3-4 inches in front of the ball and 1-1.5 inches to the right of it. Now swing down through the ball and out over the tee. This will get you swinging from in to out.

I would like to see you work on the baseball diamond drill that has been mentioned in a number of other threads. This will help you feel a more in to out type of pass. In a nut shell the drills is this: picture your ball on home plate. You want to hit the ball back over the pitchers head and if anything have it fall towards left field. To do this you need to swing out to right field. If you can get this visual place a tee out in front of the ball that you are going to hit and have it 3-4 inches in front of the ball and 1-1.5 inches to the right of it. Now swing down through the ball and out over the tee. This will get you swinging from in to out.

this drill was a lifesaver to me when i was hooking my driver

This drill has helped me cure my huge slice off the tee!!

Back