Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

So duey. Are we now at eight people or have any others confirmed?

We are now at eight "Playas", and none of us are related that I know of. So, no Uncle Daddy's.

Eight playas as duey would say...that's perfect! I don't think we want or need any Uncle Daddy's....we'll leave that to them boys in the SOUTH!! :laughing:

We just going to randomly draw playing partners for our round Duey? Put 4 "1's" and 4 "2's" in a hat and just draw your spot? Unless you have something else planned, I don't wanna step on your toes!

A quick look at the forecast for Ashland, NE:

Plotter.php

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=hi&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&AheadHour=101&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=41.04050&textField2=-96.37090&site=oax&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0

Man Smalls, don't do that to me, I'm having flashbacks to Statistics class in college...AHHHHH!

Just tell me if it's going to rain or not Busby, I need to know what I'm packing.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Smallies graph he posted but on the NWS it's showing scattered T-storms for Tue. and Wed.

Tuesday
May 25
Isolated T-Storms
High 83°F
Low 65°F
Precip 30 %
Tournament Forecasts

Wednesday
May 26
Scattered T-Storms
High 82°F
Low 62°F
Precip 40 %
Tournament Forecasts

Thursday
May 27
Isolated T-Storms
High 80°F
Low 62°F
Precip 30 %
Tournament Forecasts

Friday
May 28
Scattered T-Storms
High 81°F
Low 62°F
Precip 60 %
Tournament Forecasts

Saturday
May 29
Scattered T-Storms
High 81°F
Low 61°F
Precip 60 %
Tournament Forecasts

I've got the courses loaded onto the GPS. Not that it will help, but still!

Good work Smalls- Quarry Oaks did not have on cart GPS last time I played there. Iron Horse does.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

That's cool. We can compare the two.

I've loaded Quarry on my Neo as well. It'll be my first time using it.

Local Omaha weather stations currently have about a 30% chance of showers/storms in the late afternoon/evening for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully any rain will hold off until the late evening/overnight hours.

I've loaded Quarry on my Neo as well. It'll be my first time using it.

Local Omaha weather stations currently have about a 30% chance of showers/storms in the late afternoon/evening for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully any rain will hold off until the late evening/overnight hours.

It wouldn't dare rain on our parade, lol. I'm not washing the truck all weekend, lol.

It wouldn't dare rain on our parade, lol. I'm not washing the truck all weekend, lol.

I sure hope it doesn't. I'm so pumped for 36 holes at Quarry Oaks. I can't wait!

I sure hope it doesn't. I'm so pumped for 36 holes at Quarry Oaks. I can't wait!

The site I just check was showing a 30% chance in the afternoon Wednesday, but not too bad Tuesday. I call dibs on taking all the pictures. My golfing wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired, lol. Besides, we would need heavy duty equipment to stand up to this ugly mug, hehe

Looks like everyone will be able to pay the course rather than me. They never ran my card after all. They took my number and said they had too, but I called to see why they never ran it and they told me it just never got done? Now with only a few days until we play they will just wait.

Also, we have a care package on way from our beloved THP. I'm getting a little worried about it showing up before I have to leave, but JB said it was on the way. Everyone drive carefully, we want to meet each other on a course, not at the hospital.

Looking forward to it duey.

Looking forward to it duey.

I just walked in from the most brutal golf I have ever played and a nice package was sitting by the front door. Thanks JB and GG, you guy's are the best! Wind her up boys and girls because here we go!

Well miss having you too WR. There should be lots of pictures coming through to show the highlights and fingers are crossed about Florida in the late summer.

pretty cool of THP to send some goodies for you flat landers! you guys have a great time, represent well, and TAKE PICS!!!!

I just walked in from the most brutal golf I have ever played and a nice package was sitting by the front door. Thanks JB and GG, you guy's are the best! Wind her up boys and girls because here we go!

Brutal because of the wind? I was going to head to the driving range this afternoon, but the wind made me change my mind. Hopefully it is calmer tomorrow so I can get in some range work before Tuesday.

Brutal because of the wind? I was going to head to the driving range this afternoon, but the wind made me change my mind. Hopefully it is calmer tomorrow so I can get in some range work before Tuesday.

Yes, the wind. The forcast was 25 mph with gusts to 40, but it never quit gusting, lol. It was so strong I had several times were the balls would suddenly start rolling on their own clear off the green. I hit a 9 iron, with the wind, over a green from 160 yards. Another spot, against the wind, a three wood 150 that landed pin high. Putting was nuts. It was a fast green and several times I had a two ball slope that the ball never sloped down. The wind held it straight or even slid up hill.

It's windy here too, and should be just as windy tomorrow. Coupled with the highest temps of the year should make mowing go easier tomorrow since it shouldn't be soaking wet anymore.

Their calling for the wind to lay back a bit tomorrow here. 12 to 15 mph which sounds great to me. I can't imagine much more rain in these parts, just no place left for it to go.

Not looking good for Tuesday. Weather.com has 80% chance of T-Storms. Local Omaha stations have a similar forecast. Ugh

Not looking good for Tuesday. Weather.com has 80% chance of T-Storms. Local Omaha stations have a similar forecast. Ugh

I see about a 25% chance in Ashland on Tuesday and Wednesday at weather.gov (National Weather Service). It was very wrong the day MO and I played last week, but it's usually pretty accurate.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=hi&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&AheadHour=22&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=41.04050&textField2=-96.37090&site=oax&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0

Back