Bridgestone e6 Review

imscottr

I Like Show Tunes!
Reaction score
Handicap
I am no ball expert by any means, but I thought I’d share my thoughts regarding the Bridgestone e6.

A little history – I went to the Bridgestone ball fitting that was held at a local course, but it was canceled due to rain. I caught the Bridgestone guys coming out of the club house and I struck up a conversation. (Very cool guys to chat with.) They asked me a few questions regarding my game, and they handed me a sleeve of e6’s. The guy told me that the e6 would probably be a good place to start without seeing my swing. So after hitting the mini sleeve they gave me, I picked up a dozen.

I’ve played a few rounds with them, but was really able to put them through the paces the past few days by playing 72 holes in two days.

Off the tee – I’m not a masher by any means. When I’m in my rhythm, I can drive the ball between 230-240 yards. I noticed that with the e6, I picked up around 5-8 yards in distance. Nothing huge, but every little bit helps. My drives are pretty consistent. I normally just try to keep it in the fairway, but if there’s a wide open area, I’ll reach back and try and go for it. This is a gamble swing for me. When I go after it, I get lose on my downswing and swing out to in, giving myself a really nice slice. And when I do slice it, it’s ugly. It’s normally a 45-50 yard slice. Here is where the e6 really shined, in my opinion. There were a few holes I tried to get on it. One in particular - I teed off on an elevated tee and went after it. The slice reared its ugly head, but the e6 tamed it. It’s almost like the e6 put breaks on the side spin. Is it a miracle ball? Absolutely not – but it kept my 45 yard slice to a 25 yard slice. I was really impressed at how this ball behaved off the tee.

Iron shots – I really didn’t see a gain in distance here. But again, I’m not a masher. (I hit my 8 iron 135-140.) The e6 felt nice and soft off iron shots. One thing that stood out to me was that there was no click sound when hitting iron shots, which I really liked. My shots into the green checked up nicely, but backing up the ball was minimal. (I’m sure this has a lot to do with the way the ball was designed.)

Green – I haven’t used/tested a lot of balls, but from all the ones I have used, this is by far the best ball I’ve used on and around the green. Chip shots had an excellent feel, rolled out nicely, and responded very well. The feel off the putter was nice and smooth. Some balls feel like you’re hitting a rock. I never once got this feeling. And who designed the alignment mark on this ball? Other manufactures should take note of this, and incorporate something like this. This helped out aligning putts very well.

Over all – If you slice or hook the ball, I would highly recommend you put this in your bag. Like I stated above, it's not a miracle ball. It is not going to straighten out your slice or hook, but what it will do, is minimize the damage. It will take that 50 yard slice and cut it down to a 25-30 yard slice. I was pleasantly surprised at the feel of this ball. There were times I honestly thought I was hitting a Tour level ball. From tee to green, the feel was consistent. No guesses or surprises. For 18 holes we played the alternate shot format, and when it was my turn to hit, I replaced my partner’s ball, (which was a good ball in the same price point.) with mine. (Luckily for me, this rule was allowed.) I knew how this ball was going to react. And knowing that going into the shot, gave me a boost of confidence.

Great ball Bridgestone – keep up the good work!!

Bridgestone e6 Review

Spot on review Scott. The e6 was my first 'premium' ball after beating top flites when I was learning and I loved it. The only thing that disappointed me was the feeling on green shots. If Bstone used a urethane cover on these I'd never switch. But sometimes the surlyn cover was a little clicky and didn't hop and stop like a urethane would. The e6 is a great ball and I'm glad you're a part of the Bstone 'club' now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good review Scott. Your game sounds alot like mine. The e6 was reccomended to be at a Bridgestone ball testing and I have ben using it for about four months now. I am very happy with the ball and how it works with my game.

I recently got a dozen e6+ and I played 36 holes so far with them. I used to play Top Flight XL5000 Straight (which I still like) and I have to say I noticed a difference from the very first tee shot I hit. The ball seriously felt like butter when it hit the driver club face and all day long I kept commenting to my buddy how much different the ball felt coming off the driver club face. The difference wasn't as n noticeable with iron shots but I did notice the lack of clicking sound on impact. I totally agree with this ball as a slice reducer and around the green I have honestly never had such good results. One other thing I noticed that actually struck me as odd was that these balls seemed MORE durable than the harder Top Flight XL5000. I didn't have near as many burs or nicks on the balls as I have been running into on the Top Flights. I played some very hazard heavy courses this week and am already down to only 5 e6+ but I guarantee I will be restocking them to try out long term. I think my Top Fights will have to be used as hazard balls from now on :)

Glad to see it worked out well for you Scott! Are you going to stick with them from now on, or are there other balls at that price range that you'd rather play? Sounds like it did well to play into your game!

Thanks for the posts guys! This is the first Bridgestone I've ever played, and I must say that I am pretty impressed! One thing that I did fail to mention that generalagoy pointed out was the durability. The only scuff I think I put on one was when I hit the cart path on a drive.

Cluejack - I think I'm going to try the e7 after I empty my bag of the e6's. I hit the ball high and I'd like to bring that down a bit. That and I like my balls to check up a bit more than the e6's. I'm hoping I can find that in the e7. I haven't read any reviews on them, so I'll be doing that soon. But I think the e6 is a fantastic ball, and I would have no problem sticking with it. To me, it's that good! I see you're in Ohio - where about are ya?

Thanks for the posts guys! This is the first Bridgestone I've ever played, and I must say that I am pretty impressed! One thing that I did fail to mention that generalagoy pointed out was the durability. The only scuff I think I put on one was when I hit the cart path on a drive.

Cluejack - I think I'm going to try the e7 after I empty my bag of the e6's. I hit the ball high and I'd like to bring that down a bit. That and I like my balls to check up a bit more than the e6's. I'm hoping I can find that in the e7. I haven't read any reviews on them, so I'll be doing that soon. But I think the e6 is a fantastic ball, and I would have no problem sticking with it. To me, it's that good! I see you're in Ohio - where about are ya?

the e7 definitely works as advertised. i played the e6 for at least the past 2 seasons and will be playing the e7's from this point forward. it does help bring my ball flight down. i wouldn't say that it outperforms the e6 on/around the greens but it will lower your ball flight.

Cincinnati, although the wife has family up around Richfield.. I don't think you can go wrong with the e7. Obviously if you're looking for greater distance, it's the ideal of the three mid-range bridgestone balls, although you lose out on the spin control of the e6..

The e6 is definetely a good ball...tried them out for a while looking to start using a 3pc ball. Another ball you may want to consider is the Srixon Tri-Speed. I too sometimes have a bit of a slicing problem sometimes and I've noticed I slice even less with the Tri-Speed, and they seem to be more durable than the e6 (everyone else says how durable they are; maybe I got a bad batch?). And the price is right too...right now, a lot of stores (Dicks and Golf HQ) are selling off the older model 2 dozen for $30.

one of my friends said the e6 is the top-flite straight on steroids

Played the e6 for the first time yesterday. I really like this ball but it wasn't a whole lot different from the Maxfli Noodle that I have been playing. It might have been a little straighter but sometimes it is hard to tell because of I probably don't swing the same every time. I believe distance was about the same. I will keep on playing for a few more rounds and then decide if I want to play it all the time or stay with the noodle.

I was ready to can the e6 until today. The ball felt great coming off the irons, though I did push a few shots. I had a less pronounced slice from the 3, I've been working on a better in to out swing. I think I'll pick up another dozen and keep playing them for a while longer.

keep us posted Janda.....seeing is believing with this ball

I presently use the Bridgestone 330x but i have to control my slice. Ive tried everything with my swing to minimize it but I still get that slice every now and then. So based on all the good reviews Im switching to the E6 and heading to the course. Ill let you know how it goes.

I presently use the Bridgestone 330x but i have to control my slice. Ive tried everything with my swing to minimize it but I still get that slice every now and then. So based on all the good reviews Im switching to the E6 and heading to the course. Ill let you know how it goes.

Welcome to THP Rocket. I lived in your neck of the woods for a while when I was younger.

You may also want to click the yellow banner at the top and consult with a B-Fit expert to see if they have any recommendations.

I started playing the e6 towards the middle of this summer. At first I loved them. I experienced the same "minimal damage" you were talking about imscottr. I have the same slice issues you do. I ended the summer/fall in a funk. I don't think it would have mattered what ball i was hitting. I couldn't hit anything straight. I have taken a couple months off to try and get out of my head. Since it is now in the 20s and 30s there isn't much golf to be played but I can't wait to get back out there to see what happens. I would recommend the e6 to anyone looking for a little improvement.

Welcome to THP Rocket. I lived in your neck of the woods for a while when I was younger.

You may also want to click the yellow banner at the top and consult with a B-Fit expert to see if they have any recommendations.

I consulted with the B-Fit expert and was directed to the e6 when I did. As I said before, I love them and haven't hit the TM Burner in a while. I highly recommend the e6. They feel great!

Tried the e6 today and am completely smitten. I will return the Titleist NXTs that I bought and exchange them for another dozen e6s. They're soft, long, and straight. No, they don't dance and back up on the green, but until I am hitting the ball much more consistently, this is the ball for me.

Awesome dag. Glad you found something to work for you. Im a big fan of the e6 myself.

Tried the e6 today and am completely smitten. I will return the Titleist NXTs that I bought and exchange them for another dozen e6s. They're soft, long, and straight. No, they don't dance and back up on the green, but until I am hitting the ball much more consistently, this is the ball for me.
Nice! The e6 is my "go to" ball. I am a huge fan, and can thank THP for the reviews and thoughts on that one! Definitely a good ball for a great price!

I had the strangest experience yesterday, I have used the e6 off and on and yesterday I found one and used it for a few holes and I was hitting it straight, then I took out the penta TP5 and I was hitting it just as straight, sure It was about 10-20 yards shorter but since the e6 lacked on the greenside spin I liked, I may continue to play the Penta tP5 over the e6, every drive that I hit with the PentaTP5 was the straightest with a great ball flight since the e6 is a little too high for me.

I guess I'm done with the e6 for a while now that I can work another ball, but regardless it was a great straight distance ball!

Nice! The e6 is my "go to" ball. I am a huge fan, and can thank THP for the reviews and thoughts on that one! Definitely a good ball for a great price!
Same here. I had never played a Bridgestone ball in 25 years of golf. I had dismissed the current ad campaign featuring David Feherty (who has gotten a tad overexposed with his Golf Channel show). But once I started reading the threads and reviews here, I decided to give them a chance and I'm glad I did!

Big ups to THP!

I just went to the E6 and like you I liked it. I found it took my strong fade to a little baby draw. Plus it was quite a bit longer for me. (275 yard 3wood)

Good review. You arent definitely right that they arent a miracle ball that will fix a 50 yard slice/hook but will minimize the damage. I used to play the E6 and really liked everything about it other than the spin on the short irons and wedges. I had a lot of instances where Id hit a perfect shot only to have the ball hit the green and hop over it because there wasnt enough spin for it to hold the green.

Back