Tell me about your Putter

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
preface; I have been weighing my options in buying a new putter. I have played a variety of putter styles and brands, but have never had a ton of confidence in any of the ones I have used.

I want to have confidence buying a new putter, but I've always held back in spending more than 150 bucks, because I just flat out don't get why a Scotty Cameron or a SeeMore is THAT much better than a standard 130 dollar putter. Could you guys and gals chat with me a little bit about why you have selected the putter that is in your bag, and what about it makes you love it?

Cleveland Classic 2. I like heel-shafted putters with no offset. I have a straight back, straight through putting stroke and I find that a heel shafted putter with no offset simply works the best with me.
I also like the soft feel of the putter and the milled face. I find that it gives the ball a truer roll than some of the other putters Ive used which didnt have a milled face like what the CC has.
That and the price was pretty sweet. $70 for a putter like this is a steal!

a Yes! Tracy II that absolutely hates me. It replaced an ancient Odyssey that is going back in the bag. I don't buy into the hype over expensive putters. I putt better with a 10+ year old model than I did with Scotty's I tried. Its all in your head IMO. But I know everyone else will disagree...

I got mine from Sunset Beach's website... customized to my liking for around $150 if I remember correctly.

Great putter.

well, as a lefty, i certainly don't have the options that many of you have so my putter preferences are often dictated by what's available. currently i have the odyssey white hot #1. it's a decent putter, nothing special. i've rolled plenty from the other side of the ball and i must say that there is something about the seemore's or other high end putters that just feels different. one day i'll put much more thought, effort, and stock into a putter.

edit: i'd put the Wilson 8882 in the bag tomorrow, but it's not available in LH and i could say the same think about the cleveland classic #2

I always said I would never spend over $50-$60 on a putter, seemed silly to me. Always thought putting was more about reading break and getting the speed right, someone who is a good putter can putt with a rock tied to a stick.

Then my local store got in a few of the $150 SeeMore FGPs and FGP Mallets, I rolled one and fell in love. Went back to roll it again and the love was still there. The third time I went to try them out, I put one in my bag. The guy working that day got me with the line... "we spend $300 on drivers we use 10 times a round and cheap out on a putter that we use 30-40 times a round" haha.

I don't know if it's the confidence in knowing I'm set up right or the smooth soft feel of the milled face but my 2 and 3 putts have turned into 1 and 2 putts which was a big part of me breaking 90 for the first time a few weeks ago.

SeeMore has quite a few putters around that amount. Here are my putters. I have a ptoblem.

844877020_cFzxB-XL.jpg

Well, I tried a variety of putters including Scotty's, Bettinardi, Taylormade's ect. My favorite was the Bettinardi that was until I dsocovered SeeMore putters. I never gave putters all that much thought but after experiencing the roll and fell of the SeeMores rolled I was hooked. Several things happened when I started using them: 1) They actually improved my putting with the RST and hiding the "Red Dot" was as simple a training aid there was; 2) my confidence on the greens increased ten-fold; 3) I enjoy putting; 4) I actually beleive I can make every putt no matter how far I am away. Now I dont make every one but I have confidence in my stroke and my stick that I have a good shot at putting the ball where I want it to go. Their line of putters just works for me. My first SeeMore was the mfgp and the feel of the ball off the milled face was soft and smooth which is what I like in the putter. I tried other brands even some with inserts I did not get the same feeling when striking the ball. So, to me the SeeMore is worth the extra coin to give me that confidence. I certainly believe I am better putter because of their sticks.

I have seen people putt with 20 year old sticks and some with $20 putters that can putt lights out. So for me it really comes down to which ever piece of golf equipment instills the maximum level of confidence (especially putters) in a person is best regardless of price.

Wish I had your problem JB!

SeeMore has quite a few putters around that amount. Here are my putters. I have a ptoblem.

844877020_cFzxB-XL.jpg

hehehe.....not a bad one. Your big problem is which one to use!

I have always liked the TM Daytona (Anser) type w/ AGSI insert.

I like this one:
New_putter_004.jpg

New_putter_012.jpg

i have tried a billion putters... some really expensive... some really cheap... blades... mallets... mid mallets... even really odd shaped ones(spyders/tear drops/space ships/heavy etc) some felt like magic wands and others felt like tree branches... ive bought them then eventually sold them...

the one putter that i havent parted with and never will... isnt even worth $5 if i tried to get rid of it on ebay...
its a 34" knight virage blade with a plumbers neck... i stripped it and painted it black... i believe its older than i am and my dad played it back in the day...

its the best putter on the planet for me even tho it doesnt treat me well some of the time

I just bought an Odyssey White Hot Tour #9, it was only about $75.
I like the heel-shafted design for a couple of reasons. First, I simply like the way they look. More importantly, I like to really exaggerate my hands following through toward the target, and the heel-toe weighting helps me get the face closed so I'm not pushing everything.

preface; I have been weighing my options in buying a new putter. I have played a variety of putter styles and brands, but have never had a ton of confidence in any of the ones I have used.

I want to have confidence buying a new putter, but I've always held back in spending more than 150 bucks, because I just flat out don't get why a Scotty Cameron or a SeeMore is THAT much better than a standard 130 dollar putter. Could you guys and gals chat with me a little bit about why you have selected the putter that is in your bag, and what about it makes you love it?

You have to try everything you can get your hands on. Ignore brand. Ignore style. Feel is what's important. Test putters with your eyes closed. You might be surprised at what you discover. I never used an unconventional putter until 3½ years ago. I had my eyes opened. You might too. My putter, made from Golfsmith components, can be had for about $60. It takes about 20 minutes to cut a shaft to length (mine is a stock rifle shaft cut to 34") and assemble it.

Enterprise.jpg

haha that thing is awesome Fourputt!

I currently use an Odyssey 2-ball, and I don't think it has enough feel for me, because of how much weight is in the head. I am hoping to settle down with a standard mallet or blade..

You have to try everything you can get your hands on. Ignore brand. Ignore style. Feel is what's important. Test putters with your eyes closed. You might be surprised at what you discover. I never used an unconventional putter until 3½ years ago. I had my eyes opened. You might too. My putter, made from Golfsmith components, can be had for about $60. It takes about 20 minutes to cut a shaft to length (mine is a stock rifle shaft cut to 34") and assemble it.

Enterprise.jpg

"You are, and always will be, my friend, Jim Kirk."

Live long and prosper.

Kevin

I have one of the new Odyssey White Ice putters and it is amazing with the new grooves on my wedges i have to play a softer ball and the White Ice gives me all the feel and control that i got from a white hot tour but its a touch firmer so my roll is almost identical to last year

My putter could make a cinder block fell nice it is so soft when i got my putter about 5 to 6 months ago i was probally 3 putting almost every hole with an occasional 4 putt. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
now i average 33-34 putts a round

Like many, I've tried & hit many putters. To me, nothing feels like a Scotty Cameron.

They're in a class by themselves.

This is my favorite and I've been using it for quite a while now.

Odyssey%20Dual%20Force%202.jpg

It's an Odyssey Dual Force II #2.
For me, it has the perfect balance, the perfect weight (I didn't need to add ANY lead tape, which is unusual), the insert feels like butter and of course it's heel-shafted. I think I paid about 80 bucks for it and it is definitely one of the best putters I've ever used.

-JP

Go spend $70 on a Cleveland Classic Putter.........you will not regret it.......but if you do........it only cost you $70 instead of $170 or $270!

I used to use a Scotty Cam. ........the only difference is the price and name.

Tell me about your Putter

Go spend $70 on a Cleveland Classic Putter.........you will not regret it.......but if you do........it only cost you $70 instead of $170 or $270!

I used to use a Scotty Cam. ........the only difference is the price and name.

+1 the new Cleveland putters are really something considering the price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Del Mar but would have to say I doubt there's a whole heap between it and the Cleveland nor the Wilson 8883 either. It's part of me now though and I'm not changing it.

For me a small mallet is just right, easy to line up and not too cluttered. The Del Mar feels wonderful and is very considtent off the face, my distance control was never so good with other putters. I use Iomic grips as well which I think are terrific grips.

I use a TM Rossa Modena 8. It's kind of like a poor man's Daytona.

modena8_agsi-plus_large.jpg

I used an old FILA putter from the early 90's before that.

Back