Kevin, you friend sounds a lot like a manager I'm trying to turn to the dark side right now, lol. I keep hearing that the kids of today are different and yes they are, but a job is still a job. Expectations start with the people at the top and if set high from the start can and will be followed. Heck, if anything I think most of these employees want structure and limits, though they will test the edge every day. I love the day to day interaction with some of these kids and as close as you are with your daughter I know you would make a great boss. I don't have to be hard or mean, just consistant.

Oh, I was never mean. Well, I'm sure some of them thought I was, but I had teenagers that worked for me 25 years ago that are still my friends. They were the kids that respected me and respected their jobs. Consequently, they got respect in return. It's been a long time since I've managed anybody other than myself, but even though kids today are probably different in some ways, there are things that don't change. Things like the importance of working hard and respecting your job, your customers, your boss, and yourself. Of course, there are unfair, ego-maniacal, terrible bosses out there, and there's no excuse for that either.

Kevin

Oh, I was never mean. Well, I'm sure some of them thought I was, but I had teenagers that worked for me 25 years ago that are still my friends. They were the kids that respected me and respected their jobs. Consequently, they got respect in return. It's been a long time since I've managed anybody other than myself, but even though kids today are probably different in some ways, there are things that don't change. Things like the importance of working hard and respecting your job, your customers, your boss, and yourself. Of course, there are unfair, ego-maniacal, terrible bosses out there, and there's no excuse for that either.

Kevin

I love hearing things like that, it helps confirm what I tell my partners. I can honestly say that I started out a bit mean myself, but realized quickly that a person just has to be fun, firm and fair. One of the employees was jibing me today because I was on my knees cleaning a back floor drain. He thought someone else should have to do it, lol. He was right that it should have already been done, but I made sure it didn't go any longer.

Those people that worked for you who are still in contact must respect you a lot, that say's something about you. I also bet you had a pretty good eye for the type of person who could take direction. After 25 years in the business I can some what tell who's there for a job and who's there for a diversion, but most will still toe the line if it's not constantly changing.

I spent 20 minutes shooting the breeze with this man and his wife from out of state that may never come by again. It's about service or get out of the way!

I do the same thing Duey. I try and spend a few minutes a day just BSing with the customers at the station. People love that and you always pick up good info. They might not of lived there but they could of had family or friends around there and the good word spreads.

Can you believe i bought a used hybrid at Golf Galaxy, and they tried to charge me an extra 10 bucks for the headcover. How lame is that? Thats just corny. Also, they told me that their simulator system is only for people between 80 and 90 mph swing speeds. And thats the way they want it. They have the option for it to have profiles, one for each swing speed,......>80, 81-93, 94-106, 107+. I have this system at the golf store I work at in canada, and its efficient if you set it properly. How can they accurately use this system, if it wont measure properly. All my drives ballooned and carried 320. Im sorry folks, but I dont hit a 7-iron 235.

Can you believe i bought a used hybrid at Golf Galaxy, and they tried to charge me an extra 10 bucks for the headcover. How lame is that? Thats just corny. Also, they told me that their simulator system is only for people between 80 and 90 mph swing speeds. And thats the way they want it. They have the option for it to have profiles, one for each swing speed,......>80, 81-93, 94-106, 107+. I have this system at the golf store I work at in canada, and its efficient if you set it properly. How can they accurately use this system, if it wont measure properly. All my drives ballooned and carried 320. Im sorry folks, but I dont hit a 7-iron 235.

wow... thats crazy
i havent had a bad experience at golf galaxy *crosses fingers*

wow... thats crazy
i havent had a bad experience at golf galaxy *crosses fingers*

I never had a bad experience, i understood the system they were using, and did not care for it. But the headcover thing? thats just an easy way to make more money. Cheap sons of guns

Back