Official Hole In One Thread

How many people have gotten more than 1? I've yet to get mine!! Although, I've come pretty close :wink: birdies on a Par 3 :D

I've never had one myself, but my mother has had at least 4, lol. She's 79 years young and still plays almost every day in the season. She has four plaques from courses and I think she had another at a course in Florida, but didn't wait around for a certificate.

It took me 38 years to make my first and then less that 3 to make my last. So those who have not made one yet don't worry there is still a lot of time to do just that. Hole in one is just a matter of luck and time.

After looking at this tread I guess I should give some info on the shots. The first hole in one was on a cold rainy and blowy day. Got to the 8th hole short 129 yard par 3. Green is very small though about 12 yards deep but very wide about 35 yards. Wind was blowing 15-20 mph from the left, pin was left and the rain was coming down sideways. I hit a punch 8 iron at the left edge of the green hoping the ball will come back to the hole. It did, took once bounce and went into the hole. Of course I wear glasses and they were so wet I could not see well and did not know it went in until I got to the hole and there it was at the bottom of the cup.

Second HIO was on a 180 yard par 3 number 16 on the course. Water in front, water left, water in back and OB on the right. The green is about 20 yards deep, slopes middle to front and middle to back. Slightly elevated and resembles a turtle shell to some degree. Pin was in the back and you can only see the top half of the pin. I hit a 7 wood right at the flag and my playing parters thought it might be close. But knowing the hole I thought I was probably off the back of the green. Walking up we could not see the ball so I started looking back toward the water fearing the worse. After looking for a few moments my playing partner says look in the hole. Once again made a hole in one but never saw it go in for the ace.

Last edited:
@ Napier GC in Napier, New Zealand, where I spend the winter [their summer]. Hole 16, 165 yards with 22* hybrid. Thing is, i'd used all my 'cap strokes on front nine [13] & was playing so badly I wanted to pack it in and go home but didn't have a ride until my wife came to pick me up, end of 18. Started back nine par,par, par, par, birdie - then ace. Finished back 9 @ -2. Just shows what a weird and wonderful game this is - and never say die, I guess. NZGA insures all players who get a hole-in-one with $200 gift cert. & lovely engraved Sheffield pewter mug. I took my buds out to a lovely local winery for lunch on the patio.

Re: Official Hole In One Thread

Today I hit my first hole in one!!!!

Playing the first hole par 3 147 yds (played more like 135) hit my pitching wedge (burner 09) took one hop and rolled about 2 ft to the hole. I expected my first one to be alone and have nobody believe me but today I had about 15ppl witness the shot.

Talk about ruining my game though. I just couldn't settle down after making that shot and the rest of my game just stank haha.

Talk about excited!!

dzdncfsd said:
Today I hit my first hole in one!!!!

Playing the first hole par 3 147 yds (played more like 135) hit my pitching wedge (burner 09) took one hop and rolled about 2 ft to the hole. I expected my first one to be alone and have nobody believe me but today I had about 15ppl witness the shot.

Talk about ruining my game though. I just couldn't settle down after making that shot and the rest of my game just stank haha.

Talk about excited!!
Wow!!!!! Congrats on the shot! It mut have been amazing!

Congrats dzdncfsd!

That is fantastic!!! Congrats on the most noteable feat in golf.

Congrats dzd. I don't think I could finish a round after that myself, lol. Good job!

Thanks guys!!

No kidding I never wanted a round of golf to end faster!! The only bad part about having so many witnesses was the bar tab afterwards!

Congrats dzdncfsd!

seems like alot of you all had hole in ones on cold windy days - seems ironic since you are trying to hit the ball so straight! truly a great accomplishment, i don't think any other sport can claim such a great title that takes so much patience and experience to accomplish. truly a remarkable feat for anyone. I have been at this game for awhile, i'm 33, and never seen one - had my shares of hitting within 6" but i dont have the action on the balls most do - congrats to all in this thread, some really amazing stories.

since this thread is all about hole-in-ones: here is a story i remember from childhood. i was around 8 or 9, we were at the park for my dad's work picnic. We were are huddled around the picnic tables eating some food when some of my dad's work buddies approached us and started to talk about the last round of golf. They bring up my dad holing out a par 3 in one stroke, my mother says she never heard, he never told her. My dad, reluctant to gloat, has to tell the story now with his audience. he never even spoke of it, but as he was telling it... he turned to me and just winked- knowing i knew how proud he was, yet he never wanted to show anyone up he played with, no matter how much better a golfer he was. he truly was a humble man, great golfer, never bragged about what he shot, or how many strokes he won by, i'll always remember that day, wish i could have been there with him.

great story computer geek

computergeek13 said:
seems like alot of you all had hole in ones on cold windy days - seems ironic since you are trying to hit the ball so straight! truly a great accomplishment, i don't think any other sport can claim such a great title that takes so much patience and experience to accomplish. truly a remarkable feat for anyone. I have been at this game for awhile, i'm 33, and never seen one - had my shares of hitting within 6" but i dont have the action on the balls most do - congrats to all in this thread, some really amazing stories.
I'm 33 myself and only been playing since november of last year. It was amazing to get one so soon but it ws expensive. My bar tab yesterday was over 300 and then I went and shopped and spent another 200 now I'm thinking I want a belt from 59 belts commemorating it cha ching haha

My hole-in-one was in 2002. I still have the ball in my collectable ball rack. It's a Top-Flite XL2000(why'd it have to be a Top-Flite, now I have to display that forever!) It was at a course near my father-in-law's house. I had been playing about 2 years and we were at the 4th hole, 135 yards.

My father-in-law and I were playing match play and he says, "I'm gonna birdie this hole." I was up first and hit a PW, it landed 3ft past the hole and spun back in. I don't think I had ever spun a ball back in my life but I acted cool and said "Your turn," and his jaw hit the ground. He bladded his shot 20 yards over the green and got a triple. We still play together alot and we relive that shot all the time.

It is an incredible accomplishment that is such a rarity. A major congratulations to all of you.

I personally have never had a hole in one, although like most have had a few ding the flag and have had a couple lip out (aggressively, never "wow, that has a real chance")

I play a lot of golf with my dad, and I always joke about how he has to get his first one before I get mine. He's been playing for over 45 years, so I'd say he's far more due than I am.... I just hope if/when I do get one, it's with other people and I can actually see it go in.

I got my first hole in one today 5/21/10, at Riverview golf course in Sterling, Colorado. I was on hole number two a par 3 154 yds into about a 15 mile an hour wind. I hit my #3 hybrid club and the ball hit the green hot and hit the pin. I walked to the green and looked for the ball as I thought it would have bounced off the pin. I couldn't find the ball, so I looke din the hole and there is was. I was so excited that I aske the two guys who were playing behind me to come and verify that the ball went in the hole. I had them both initial my score card and turned it in to the pro. A major accomplishment for me as I have only been playing for about 5 yrs. now. Even a blind squirrel find a nut.:bananadance:

Congrats there buddy, I wish i had been there to see it!

I got my first hole in one today 5/21/10, at Riverview golf course in Sterling, Colorado. I was on hole number two a par 3 154 yds into about a 15 mile an hour wind. I hit my #3 hybrid club and the ball hit the green hot and hit the pin. I walked to the green and looked for the ball as I thought it would have bounced off the pin. I couldn't find the ball, so I looke din the hole and there is was. I was so excited that I aske the two guys who were playing behind me to come and verify that the ball went in the hole. I had them both initial my score card and turned it in to the pro. A major accomplishment for me as I have only been playing for about 5 yrs. now. Even a blind squirrel find a nut.:bananadance:

Congrats on the HIO. I've been after one for a lot more years than I'd like to admit, it will come. Good job my man!

Melville Glades, Perth, Western Australia
10 Years Ago
9th Hole - 140 Yard Par 3 - 8 Iron
Slam dunked it in the hole baby! Needless to say that I got pissed at the bar afterwards, I was on such a high I called this girl I was interested in and asked her out, I was sure she would say yes ... she didn't ... but I still got the hole in one! Thankfully it was in a competition and I received a small trophy and a certificate from the Western Australian Golf Association.

Do I get an honourable mention for an eagle on a 460 yard per 4? I ran a power draw up to the hole with a 4 iron from the fairway bunker. I was actually trying to lay up but I got onto it and the wind gave me some assitance and the golf gods took over ...

Official Hole In One Thread

Do I get an honourable mention for an eagle on a 460 yard per 4? I ran a power draw up to the hole with a 4 iron from the fairway bunker. I was actually trying to lay up but I got onto it and the wind gave me some assitance and the golf gods took over ...

No. That would be in the Official Eagle thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting, but here's my "closest to the hole" story. When I was a kid, I was playing with my dad and uncle. I can't remember the course name...I think it was down in south Jersey. I was probably 15 or so at the time. At that point, I was basically a "we're cutting you off at double par" golfer, just having fun being with my dad sort of thing. Long par 3, ~200 yards. Hit my driver, really nailed it, and we all completely lost the ball. As we walked up to the green, it was 6 inches away from the hole. Finished for my first birdie ever. :)

I had one a month ago at my local club:
08.jpg

Playing 118 with quite a decent wind hurting and off the right. My mate who is slightly longer than me hit 9 which ballooned and went in the front left trap. I actually told the blokes I was playing with that I was going to punch an 8 off the back foot, straight between the 2 front bunkers and let the wind move it over (pin cut behind the LH trap)

Nailed it straight between the bunkers, wind moved it over a tad and it took 1 hop from about 18inches and jumped straight in.

congrats lynford!

Back