Shaft Optimizer from Mizuno

I was remiss in not posting this response from Mizuno regarding us lefties.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. The Shaft Optimizer is only available for right handed golfers as the sensors in the shaft are configured for a right handed person. At this time we do not have a left handed optimizer available and cannot say if this will be a product offered moving forward. We appreciate your time and interest.

Best Regards,

Mizuno USA
http://www.mizunousa.com
Consumer Support Division
1-800-966-1211

Does the Mizuno Optimizer give only steel shaft recommendations, or graphite as well ?

I was remiss in not posting this response from Mizuno regarding us lefties.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. The Shaft Optimizer is only available for right handed golfers as the sensors in the shaft are configured for a right handed person. At this time we do not have a left handed optimizer available and cannot say if this will be a product offered moving forward. We appreciate your time and interest.

Best Regards,

Mizuno USA
http://www.mizunousa.com
Consumer Support Division
1-800-966-1211

oh man! this sucks, and makes me not want to support anything mizuno! i call B.S. man, discrimination against lefties and what's best for our games, lol. this is ridiculous though, why can't we have shaft fitting advantages just like everyone else?

oh man! this sucks, and makes me not want to support anything mizuno! i call B.S. man, discrimination against lefties and what's best for our games, lol. this is ridiculous though, why can't we have shaft fitting advantages just like everyone else?

Because you're a leftie (i.e. oddball). :smile-big:

Because your a leftie (i.e. oddball). :smile-big:

yeah yeah! lmao man.

i've just been looking forward to this. i need to go somewhere that will allow me to demo iron shafts. i'm convinced i need new ones in my irons.

I went through golf galaxy and did this. It takes 5 minutes and it's free and it confirmed what flex I should be using. It gave me a recommendation of three different steel shafts. This is shaft optimization for irons. They have a different, albeit older device they use for driver shaft fitting. I heard that part of the fitting is not very good.

I don't know if it recommends a graphite shaft for irons.

This shaft optimization device is one piece of Mizunos entire fitting process, which I have not been through, but heard was very good.

I HIGHLY recommend going through the irons shaft optimization, it's very good and painless.

If you are left handed, well who told you grab a club the wrong way to begin with?

I don't know if it recommends a graphite shaft for irons.

It does...three options steel and three options graphite.

Good to know, it just gave me three options for steel, probably due to swing speed.

i would think that would be the case as well biggsy. it really bums me that i can't try this process. what would be the most feasible way for me to test iron shafts?

i would think that would be the case as well biggsy. it really bums me that i can't try this process. what would be the most feasible way for me to test iron shafts?

Other than individually hit each different type, maybe try and find a RH golfer who has similar swing speed, tempo, and characteristics? That is the best way other than actually trying each different shaft that I can think of.

Other than individually hit each different type, maybe try and find a RH golfer who has similar swing speed, tempo, and characteristics? That is the best way other than actually trying each different shaft that I can think of.

Most brands offer shaft fitting. While it may not be as easy as this device from Mizuno, stores have fitting cars that they can use to fit people with different iron shafts.

Most brands offer shaft fitting. While it may not be as easy as this device from Mizuno, stores have fitting cars that they can use to fit people with different iron shafts.

unfortunately, that is not the case around here JB. i wish it was the case but it's not. it's ok though, when the time comes i'll just pester you to death with questions...hehe

unfortunately, that is not the case around here JB. i wish it was the case but it's not. it's ok though, when the time comes i'll just pester you to death with questions...hehe

Very true, some regions will not have them TC, but I guarantee with some research, you could find an exceptional fitter fairly close.

TC, I know it is a couple hours drive to Knoxville, Charlotte or Winston-Salem but I have to think there are some great fitters in those locations. A couple hour road trip each way I would think worth the effort.

TC, I know it is a couple hours drive to Knoxville, Charlotte or Winston-Salem but I have to think there are some great fitters in those locations. A couple hour road trip each way I would think worth the effort.

you are probably right. when the time comes for upgrades i think that's what i'll do. i need to talk to forum member bstoner, i dare say he knows of soom good places around the upstate area that would offer some sweet shaft fittings. ah, the beauty of THP, just reach out to a forum member.

Good to know, it just gave me three options for steel, probably due to swing speed.

The options were there, just a mouse click away; the guy running the program just didn't show them to you. Unless there was a compelling reason to go to graphite--physical limitations, or whatever--the information would not have helped much. Good fitting is about winnowing out the clutter and arriving at the best solution for you.

Just had this done this morning, and I have to say, I am surprised by the results.. I had my mizuno irons fitted for me about 4 years ago, and they focused far more on feel than on any other factor... I stuck with the s300 shafts, mainly because I liked my high ball flight, but it looks like I may need to reconsider..

I strongly recommend getting this done.

mizunoswingoptimizer.jpg

thanks for sharing this coluejack! your swing speed avg is a couple of mph faster than mine but seeing this really solidifies that i need stiffer shafts! and seeing has how this will more than likely not be possible for a lefty to do (which i still think sucks!) i appreciate you sharing this information.

Back