Ecco Street Premier Golf Shoes-Review

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
I saw these babies in THP the Magazine and commented to JB and GG on how cool they were. A few days later I got an informal 'incoming' and received these with a request to do a review on them. A more formalized review will be coming later but I wanted to start a thread to begin discussions on these cool shoes, generate a little buzz, and share my initial impressions on these sport casual shoes.

Look

Classic. Clean. Those are what came to mind when I first saw them in the magazine and that didn't change when I pulled them out of the box. The blend of leather and suede is a great idea and creates a look that can be worn on the course or off it with either jeans or slacks. There are also some cool metal rivets that add a unique accent to the shoes as well. Also, these shoes come with two different pairs of colored laces (light gray/stone and green) to allow for some individual customization which was unique. TH Rating- 10/10

Feel

Comfortable. You don't even know you're wearing these shoes. In fact they feel more like slippers than shoes. The leather is super soft and you don't even notice the rubberized 'spikes' that you're walking on. I wore them all weekend while running errands, at the range, around the house, and 'out' and all I kept thinking was 'God these are comfy!' I actually felt bad taking them off to go to bed. TH Rating- 10/10

Performance

Solid. While these were limited to mostly range use and social activities, they performed as I expected. At the range- when hitting off turf mats the rubber spikes dug in and I did not feel that I was 'spinning out' or losing traction at any time. When hitting from grass tees I noticed the same type of performance. Where I did notice a little performance drop off was when I hit from light to medium rough with an uneven lie where traditional spikes that are longer would have helped. Social activities- wore them with jeans and a sport coat to give the look a different twist and they were well received. They are very functional and will not feel out of place with whatever you may want to wear them for. TH Rating- 8.5/10

Overall

Looking for something a little bit different for your golf attire? Well here it is. Ecco may not be the most recognizable brand name outside of the golfing community but thanks to Freddy Couples' performance at the Masters and his choice to wear these while playing, they could be on their way. These shoes are both functional and stylish and would serve any golfer well on or off the course. TH Final Rating- 9/10

View attachment 903View attachment 905View attachment 906View attachment 907View attachment 904

Great info thanks. Looking forward to the review. I know so many that have been intrigued and interested in these shoes.

Nice read thanks! Those do look sweet. Glad to hear that they're comfy. I wonder how your stuffier cc's will receive these shoes since they look more like sneakers. Did you get any comments from anyone seeing those yet?

How durable are the built in spikes?

Would extensive 'social' use limit the shoes 'intended' performance?

I actually had a few people comment on them and talk to me about them at the range. The main question was 'how do they feel?'
Nice read thanks! Those do look sweet. Glad to hear that they're comfy. I wonder how your stuffier cc's will receive these shoes since they look more like sneakers. Did you get any comments from anyone seeing those yet?

They seem pretty durable, almost on the same mold as turf shoes for football and lacrosse

If you were to run 2 miles a day or wear them to the gym they wouldn't last too long but if you wore them out after your round, etc they'll be fine

How durable are the built in spikes?

Would extensive 'social' use limit the shoes 'intended' performance?

They seem pretty durable, almost on the same mold as turf shoes for football and lacrosse

That's what those remind me of... my old turf shoes that I wore everywhere. Just wear your Cleveland Classics shirt and your ready to take on all the flight attendants in the airline industry. :D

didnt fred couples use them at the masters

Are they puke proof? :D

I really want a pair of these but looks like I'll be waiting until sometime around August, I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Are they puke proof? :D

I really want a pair of these but looks like I'll be waiting until sometime around August, I can't find them in stock anywhere.

funny you say that....here is an excerpt from Ecco's website explaining why

Due to the global issue of the volcano ash and cancelled flights, we are unable to receive air shipments of the Street shoes from our factories. We are experiencing delays and hope to be back in stock very soon.

At first I'll admit I thought they were ridiculous, but I'm really starting to warm up to them and the shots you provided are even better than ones I've seen. I have a funny feeling I'll own some of these by the end of this season. Thanks for taking the time to write this up thanks!

Hey thanks...great pre-review information. I look forward to your final.

Yeah, I think between the volcano delaying shipments and the Freddy craze buying up the in stock stuff, I'm a few weeks late. Oh well, gives me something to look forward to buying later this summer.

Nice write up Thanks! Did you go sock less like Fred?

I am definitely going to have a pair of these once they have my size in stock! I love the comfortable look these shoes ooze :eek:)... Got to have me some!

I ordered mine today as they have them in my size in stock at tgw.com :banana:

Great review. Ecco is very well known outside of the golf community though, many factory stores and are carried in all the higher end retailers, Macys, Dillards, Nordstroms, etc. I have 3 pair of Eccos that I have worn for many years and probably my most comfortable dress shoes next to my Ferragamos.

Good stuff thanks. Those are just my style. I'm hoping we get some around here so I can try them out.

I ordered mine today as they have them in my size in stock at tgw.com :banana:

Well my new Ecco's are on backorder until next week so I will have to wait a bit longer :deadhorse:............. I am beating the horses arse cause I have tried to get a pair of these dawgs for
quite some time now :angry:

I looked for these today at Golf USA and of course they didn't have any. Possibly a good thing.

At least you can attempt to get them, they don't make my size. Dumb Europeans, don't they know some of us Americans have big feet and play more than basketball? :D

Back