THP Radio - Miyazaki Golf Shafts & Recipe Finalists

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new show is up this week where we announce the finalists of the Whats For Dinner Contest as well as chat with Tim Gillis from Miyazaki Golf Shafts. Tim was kind enough to answer questions submitted by THP Forum members and we got quite an education as always. We hope you enjoy the show.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=8731

Great show, but I suppose I'm a little biased! Don't worry JB, the recipe I submitted isn't too healthy.

Really enjoyed Tim's segment too!

Great show. I also really enjoyed Tim's segment. He's very good at making things simple and easy to understand. Excellent questions too!! lol And JB, I want one too.

• Admin
We are going to do our best to work some magic with Tim and Miyazaki for the fall outing.

Thats awesome. Im very intrigued by the new light weight shaft offering from them. Wish I could remember the odd name it had. And the price point listed was a very reasonable $125

• Admin
This was one of our favorite shows we have done. Tim is so nice and actually said off the air that he could not wait to come back and talk equipment as well.

Somewhere on this forum I remember hearing that Cleveland Golf would be eventually carry Miyazaki shafts. Since I live within easy driving distance to a Cleveland fitting center, will I eventually be able to be fitted for clubs with a Miyazaki shafts ?

• Admin
Somewhere on this forum I remember hearing that Cleveland Golf would be eventually carry Miyazaki shafts. Since I live within easy driving distance to a Cleveland fitting center, will I eventually be able to be fitted for clubs with a Miyazaki shafts ?

You should be able to now.

• Admin
All the groceries have been purchased for our 5 days of THP meals. We begin Sunday night.

Last night GG and I decided to have our "last supper" out before eating in this whole week. Starting tonight we will be cooking at home 5 nights in a row (finalists) each night making another recipe submitted to us in the What's For Dinner Contest. We are actually both pretty excited about this and to see what everybody came up with. So last night we decided to go to one of our local favorites, this small little BBQ place for a good meal. I thought posting a couple of pictures of GG before this endeavor would be fun.

Baby Back Ribs/Chicken Combo Plate with Baked Beans & Cucumber Salad

847021140_xFZKU-M.jpg

GG mid beat going to town on a rib

847021138_jpkza-M.jpg

Re: THP Radio - Miyazaki Golf Shafts & Recipe Finalists

JB said:
Last night GG and I decided to have our "last supper" out before eating in this whole week. Starting tonight we will be cooking at home 5 nights in a row (finalists) each night making another recipe submitted to us in the What's For Dinner Contest. We are actually both pretty excited about this and to see what everybody came up with. So last night we decided to go to one of our local favorites, this small little BBQ place for a good meal. I thought posting a couple of pictures of GG before this endeavor would be fun.

Baby Back Ribs/Chicken Combo Plate with Baked Beans & Cucumber Salad

847021140_xFZKU-M.jpg

GG mid beat going to town on a rib

847021138_jpkza-M.jpg

Lol that pic of GG is priceless!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a great show and I learned from it. However, it also spawned new questions and I find myself still some what blind to what I need. I know the only fix will be in trying several different shaft profiles to start narrowing the field, it's simply tough when the nearest Miyazki dealer is almost 3 hours away. At my slowish swing speed, I would think a softer tip section, mid flex towards the center and a mid to stiff upper section would be a starting point. Also, looking at their web site show's the three models. It talks like the blue is a mid trajectory shaft, would a softer tip in a blue give a slower ss player enough air time or would I likely need to look down into the silver series. My driver ss is about 90.

Dont worry duey, we had a feeling this would happen, so Tim has agreed to come back on the radio show in a couple of weeks and answer many more questions that people may have.

Wonderful. I hope have a few of these tested by then and a better working knowledge of what he's telling me. Great show!

Day 1 of our menu experience consisted of a spinach steak sald. It was quite good and we want to thank finalist Young Money for this recipe.

847466785_uDWEX-M.jpg

847467938_QG3cb-M.jpg

Hey, that looks pretty good. Just think how healthy your going to be!

There's quite a bit of green on your plate there JB! :act-up:

Looks good though!

good show this week, and as i said on the home page review, it's amazing just how much tim knows about this stuff. he had a lot of questions thrown at him in a short amount of time and his answers were easy to understand (something that i wasn't sure about when it comes to shafts). i can see why you guys have such a great relationship with him.

as far as your recipe selection goes, you have some good ones. for some odd reason i must've missed that you only wanted healthy options, doh!

good show this week, and as i said on the home page review, it's amazing just how much tim knows about this stuff. he had a lot of questions thrown at him in a short amount of time and his answers were easy to understand (something that i wasn't sure about when it comes to shafts). i can see why you guys have such a great relationship with him.

as far as your recipe selection goes, you have some good ones. for some odd reason i must've missed that you only wanted healthy options, doh!

lol we wanted something healthier for me but still tasty for him. I am hoping it will show him that healthy food doesn't have to taste bad.

Tim is great, he is honestly one of my favorite people in the industry. He know so much and has the most amazing way of dumbing it down for the general golfer. After the interview I spoke to him for another 30 minutes just chatting about stuff and he is just so nice. I hope we can have him back on the show soon.

lol we wanted something healthier for me but still tastey for him. I am hoping it will show him that healthy food doesn't have to taste bad.

you're off to a good start. there's nothing wrong with a nice piece of protein and a nice green salad. i'm surprised JB has his real teeth left, the amount of sugary stuff the guy consumes is just crazy.

you're off to a good start. there's nothing wrong with a nice piece of protein and a nice green salad. i'm surprised JB has his real teeth left, the amount of sugary stuff the guy consumes is just crazy.

I know! And I am just so happy that others were able to witness it as well so now people believe me when I say he has the worst eating habits of anyone I have ever seen. It reminds me of Tom Hanks in the movie Big where the kid becomes an adult so they do all the things their parents won't let them do like eat cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I know! And I am just so happy that others were able to witness it as well so now people believe me when I say he has the worst eating habits of anyone I have ever seen. It reminds me of Tom Hanks in the movie Big where the kid becomes an adult so they do all the things their parents won't let them do like eat cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.

to be honest, i just saw him eating a couple of cookies after dinner, which is kind of normal i suppose. it was when he told me to look in the pantry when i realized just how far gone he really was, haha. i bet you he was starving after dinner last night.

to be honest, i just saw him eating a couple of cookies after dinner, which is kind of normal i suppose. it was when he told me to look in the pantry when i realized just how far gone he really was, haha. i bet you he was starving after dinner last night.

LOl he was. After dinner he had an ice cream sundae with a brownie. Which I can't complain about because I had one too because I said I was going to indulge this weekend. But then about an hour later he ate a cup of noodles whatever it's called, the cheddar flavor. Then some chocolate covered cherries and I am pretty sure he also had some crackers and ez cheeze or whatever that is called.

Back