Bridgestone Young Gun Gets First Win

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Bridgestone Golf’s Kevin Chappell, the 2008 Jack Nicklaus Award Winner and National Division I Player of the Year, took the first step toward an outstanding professional career this weekend, adding to his impressive amateur resume, his first ever Nationwide Tour title. Chappell used a birdie barrage (including 2 of the last 4 holes) on the weekend and a tournament leading 25 birdies for the week to best his nearest competitor by a single shot. The victory, Chappell’s first official PGA TOUR-sanctioned win, netted him $108,000 and propelled him into the #2 spot on the 2010 Nationwide Tour Money List.

For the tournament, Chappell was 20-under par and put on quite a statistical show – boasting a final round average driving distance of 321 yards and compiling an overall driving distance for the week of over 300 yards. In addition, Chappell annihilated the Par 5’s compiling a tournament total of 16-under par with 2 eagles on the Par 5’s.

“We’re very excited for Kevin to have his first win under his belt,” said Dan Murphy, Bridgestone Golf – Vice President of Marketing. “Kevin is off to a blazing hot start, now having recorded a win and two other top 10 finishes in just his first 6 events of the year. Kevin is a great player so we know it is only a matter of time until he is showcasing his skills on the PGA TOUR.”

In his victory Chappell had the following Bridgestone equipment in his bag:

• Bridgestone Golf TOUR B330-S Golf Ball
• Bridgestone J38 prototype driver (9.5 degree)
• Bridgestone Golf J38 Wedges (54 and 58 degree)
• Bridgestone J38 Prototype Irons (3-PW)

For more information on what the entire Bridgestone Golf TOUR Team has in their bags, visit www.bridgestonegolf.com.

was this event somewhere around valdosta, ga? i was cruising up 75 yesterday and saw signs for parking. we almost stopped to watch but were golfed out at that point.

Nope. Last week's tournament was in Cali. This week's event is the South Georgia Classic played at Kinderlou Forest in Valdosta, GA. Good thing you didn't stop, you would have been awfully confused. : )

Nope. Last week's tournament was in Cali. This week's event is the South Georgia Classic played at Kinderlou Forest in Valdosta, GA. Good thing you didn't stop, you would have been awfully confused. : )

thanks for the info. i was already confused anyway it wouldn't have made a difference.

congrats to the young mr. chappell and congrats to bridgestone for obviously seeing that talent.

btw, the J38 driver is stunning.

Thanks. Appreciate the kind words. Also glad you like the J38 460. It is a great product. I see you're in Asheville. Are you coming to the BMW Charity Pro-Am down here at all this May? It is a great Nationwide Tour event so it usually gets a really good field.

i'm trying to. the local BMW dealership is one of my customers and the GM said he would give me a ticket but he may give them to his customers, i'm not sure. if i make it perhaps i could catch up with you there?

Sounds like a plan. I should be in and out ofThornblade most of the week.

sweet! isn't one of the courses actually in NC? i think that's where they have tickets to.

Bright's Creek is just outside Tryon, N.C. It is in N.C.

i think that's where i can get tickets to then. either way, if you live in greenville then there's no reason why we couldn't hook up and play at some point.

Back