Major Rife Rumor - NOW CONFIRMED!

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a rumor going around right now that Rife has been sold. They have been taken off of the tours for the next couple of weeks while the sale goes through. We are working on getting this confirmed as we speak, but we have now heard it from 2 sources that are extremely reputable.

More coming later today! We have calls in to both Rife and their PR Company.

• Admin
We dont actually. Our timeline goes like this.

We get word that they are not on any of the tours.
We put out a question to a slew of people.
We get word that they in fact were not out there.
We get word that they may have been sold and are shutting it down for 10 days or so to get back up and running.
We get word from 2 others now saying that they believe it is true.

We have emails and calls in to both Rife and their PR company as of right now.

I hope this means my 2 Bar Mallet has increased it's value!

this may be a dumb question but would it be possible for a co. to buy another one out and then dissolve them entirely in order to remove their marketshare? Or would it be more worthwhile for them to keep them for their marketshare alone?

• Admin
Im sure anything is possible. But I am not sure it would be worth it financially.

• Admin
It is now confirmed. Rife has been Sold!!! Do not know who acquired them as of yet, but we do know that an ownership change has taken place.

Dying to know who bought them!

Dying to know who bought them!

Me too!!!!!!! Very Interesting.

Maybe a manufacturer that currently doesn't have putters in their line-up. Like Bridgestone, Adams, or others

Adams added the a7 series of putters last year. We are working hard to find out who.

Adams added the a7 series of putters last year. We are working hard to find out who.

Adams isn't a good choice either... They're actually trying to come out with a new putter but it wasn't a given last I heard! So not that a manufacturer that doesn't have a putter that is recognizable to most people.

How about Puma Golf? New company

How about Puma Golf? New company

That's a good guess. I don't remember Cobra havng any putters, but I could be wrong.

They have in the past. However with Acushnet being SC country the line was not kept up with.

Well I have heard different stuff now from a couple of different people. I was told that someone is buying the majority stake in the company, but it will remain Rife. ie, they were not sold to another golf company. However other places have said it is a company that bought them to bring them under their umbrella. I know it is not Bridgestone though, talked to someone fairly high up there and he said they did not buy Rife.

BSG definitely did not buy Rife. Neither did Adams according to them just now. We have heard it is just a change in ownership stake and nothing will change. However Rife has not yet confirmed that today.

Anymore news on this? Rife Putters' Facebook post says that the rumors are false? That's weird...

They should collaborate with their own PR team and more than. The Facebook and Twitter page are run by people that do the tour stuff. Im hoping that they correct the mistake soon, but we got confirmation from their own PR team yesterday, so we have no problem reporting the news.

They should collaborate with their own PR team and more than. The Facebook and Twitter page are run by people that do the tour stuff. Im hoping that they correct the mistake soon, but we got confirmation from their own PR team yesterday, so we have no problem reporting the news.

The FB post was pretty unprofessional and poorly worded, but I was wondering. Thanks JB.

No worries. Like i said, we heard it was a rumor and made the post. Then we confirmed it with their own PR team that "a change in ownership was currently taking place". We have since learned that their Facebook and Twitter Page are not run by their corporate office, so that could be the reason. Here is the response we got from twitter.

"I am involved directly with the TourDept @ RIFE and these rumors r totally false We even just won the LPGA event at Lacosta".

Im not sure exactly what winning an event has to do with change in ownership, but they wanted to put it in there. We will stand behind our report, because if it comes out that it is false, it is their PR team that gave it to us.

That's the same FB post I was referring to.

Back