RH who play golf LH; LH who play golf RH?

Added a poll to this so people could see answers more easily (didn't know how to combine the discussion thread with the poll thread though, as poll thread wasn't made at same time). Maybe a forum administator can move this discussion into the poll thread or vice versa?

Are you right handed playing right handed clubs?
Are you right handed playing left handed clubs?
Are you left handed playing left handed clubs?
Are you left handed playing right handed clubs?

Put me in the left handed but play right handed clubs group.

I was a big baseball/softball player. Actually, I still am. I had to golf right handed. My natural, left handed swing is influenced too much by my baseball swing.

However, I putt left handed. I find the concentration and stroke w/ the putter is better w/ my natural side.

(when I line up to putt for the first time against an unfamiliar opponent, they always do a double take, and then ask, "you putt left handed?".)

Has anyone played with someone who plays R/H from tee to green and then putts L/H. I have played with a scratch player over here who plays that way. He regularly qualifies for our major amateur events like the East, West and Irish Close and has been on Interprovincial youth teams in the past. Just curious has anyone come across someone who plays that way to such a low handicap.

mark wahlberg does this but the other way around... i saw it on playing lessons with the pros... he was with freddie couples

Right handed.

I'm a natural right hander and when I was a kid playing baseball I could hit from either side but I got more comfortable swing lefthanded. So I'm left handed playing golf which is kind of a curse because almost everything in golf is built for a right hander (equipment, clubs and courses). My wife is a natural left hander and she plays golf right handed. Every now and then she gets the urge to try to play left handed. I tell her don't even think about it because as hard as it is finding certain men's left handed clubs it's much worse for women's left hand anything.

My friend is right handed, plays golf right handed but was a left hander at birth... Make sense? lol. We were just talking about that this morning. When she signed up for lessons, the instructor noticed she was better left handed. Wanted to get her fit for left handed clubs. But her husband (ex now) at the time demanded she play right handed and so that's what she did.

I'm right handed, but golf lefty. I come from a baseball family, and my older brother basically trained me to bat left handed since I was old enough to hold a bat. I could actually switch hit, but lefty was always more comfortable for me. I played baseball in men's leagues up until about age 30, but at that point I stuck with hitting left handed. My swing is decent right handed, and I've often considered starting over and playing right handed instead.

my buddy batman who just joined THP is right handed and golfs left handed. but he is an oddball anyways!

we always joke around about switching bags for a round but its never happened. I have taken a handful of shots lefty with so so results.

I'm left handed in everything but golf, even played hockey for many years left handed. My first clubs were hand me downs and right handed, didn't even know there were left handed clubs back then. I've since tried left handed and can't hit the ball with any power, it's weird.

My wife is actually ambidextrous. When we started taking lessons, our instructor brought out both lefty and righty clubs for her to use. After several lessons, she said that she had absolutely no preference and that her performance was the same in either direction. She asked if she should play left or right. Our instructor said that if there was no difference than it was a coin flip. She asked me and I told her that she would have more shopping choices now and in the future if she played right-handed. It seems like there would be more options for women's right-handed clubs than for women's left-handed clubs.

I'm a natural right hander and when I was a kid playing baseball I could hit from either side but I got more comfortable swing lefthanded. So I'm left handed playing golf which is kind of a curse because almost everything in golf is built for a right hander (equipment, clubs and courses). My wife is a natural left hander and she plays golf right handed. Every now and then she gets the urge to try to play left handed. I tell her don't even think about it because as hard as it is finding certain men's left handed clubs it's much worse for women's left hand anything.

Amen to that! Though if you really like a challenge... .

My wife is actually ambidextrous. When we started taking lessons, our instructor brought out both lefty and righty clubs for her to use. After several lessons, she said that she had absolutely no preference and that her performance was the same in either direction. She asked if she should play left or right. Our instructor said that if there was no difference than it was a coin flip. She asked me and I told her that she would have more shopping choices now and in the future if she played right-handed. It seems like there would be more options for women's right-handed clubs than for women's left-handed clubs.

Yup. Want the list of clubs that don't exist for me? Starting wtih every wedge you'd ever want to own?

Re: RH who play golf LH; LH who play golf RH?

I'm left handed.

I bat RH (baseball), I golf RH, I kick switch-footed. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm left handed and played golf many years right handed. I started out right because I had to borrow clubs from friends. In ten years, I NEVER felt comfortable on a single swing that I ever took. About 8 months ago, I switched to left handed. Seriously... within one month, I was better left handed than 10 years of playing right handed.

Back