The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, changes to OT in the playoffs and maybe more to come. Whats your thoughts on it? Like it how it is or ready for change?

I for one dont like the old system. I dont think a coin toss should play that big a real in who wins a game. There are a lot of other factors but doesnt always seem like when YOUR team loses the coin toss they always seem to lose the game? I hate that. Im ready for a change but not sure this is the right way.

So, changes to OT in the playoffs and maybe more to come. Whats your thoughts on it? Like it how it is or ready for change?

I for one dont like the old system. I dont think a coin toss should play that big a real in who wins a game. There are a lot of other factors but doesnt always seem like when YOUR team loses the coin toss they always seem to lose the game? I hate that. Im ready for a change but not sure this is the right way.

Didn't like the old system. This is a step. I'm not sure how this will play out until it actually happens.

The NFL really hates kickers don't they? :D

Yeah I agree its at least a step in the right direction. From what Ive been hearing they really want to avoid the situation where the kickoff is returned 50 yards, the defense holds for 3 plays and then they kick a FG to win the game. So I guess they hate kickers lol

Yeah I agree its at least a step in the right direction. From what Ive been hearing they really want to avoid the situation where the kickoff is returned 50 yards, the defense holds for 3 plays and then they kick a FG to win the game. So I guess they hate kickers lol

I guess what it does is put some strategizing in OT where like in your situation above, now it will require some thinking. Does the coach have belief in his offense to close the deal and go for it or do you play it safe, kick the FG and have faith in your defense. For some teams, and sorry Kevin but I have to use your Cowboys, kicking the FG is not an option. Even with past history I'd still leave the ball in Tony's and the running game's hands rather than give it to their kicker of the week.

I hope they implement this in preseason so we can see the effects of it when it counts because rumor has it that during the May meetings, if they find no fault with it, they will install it for the whole season and not just the playoffs.

Personally, I wound't mind them using this system in the regular season and then going to a play an extra shortened quarter in the playoffs type scenario. Heck I'm sure the NFL and owners wouldn't mind keeping folks glued to their seat and tv's. That's extra revenue for them. Although, I'm sure the players union would have something to say about that.

First off I want to let everyone know that my Brownies are going to the Super Bowl this year. :laughing: I almost got that out without laughing.

I heard a pretty good option on "Mike & Mike" the other morning. Why not make overtime a 5th quarter. Play a 10 or 15 minute quarter but who ever had the ball at the end of the game gets it first in the OT. That way it gets rid of the coin toss and gets rid of the 50 yard kick off return, 3 plays and a field goal.

What does everyone think about the Eagles and McNabb? Would your team trade for him? How about this alleged reunion of McNabb and TO in Oakland?

the Eagles are nuts if they trade him, but its almost like they have no choice now. should have just cut Vick in the offseason. Oakland or Buffalo seem to need/want him the most. but unless he agrees to sign an extension why give up anything more then a 3rd or 4th rounder for him if he ends up just being a one year rental. he wants to go to MIN but they say their gonna wait on the Diva again

Whats that sound you say? Well thats a huge sigh of relief in Dallas as the Cowboys have released the human false start, Flozell Adams! YES! All I can say is its about time. Now we have a draft need for sure.

What does everyone think about the Eagles and McNabb? Would your team trade for him? How about this alleged reunion of McNabb and TO in Oakland?

Whats that sound you say? Well thats a huge sigh of relief in Dallas as the Cowboys have released the human false start, Flozell Adams! YES! All I can say is its about time. Now we have a draft need for sure.

with all this uprising in the NFC east I hope my Giants can get their heads outta their butts and do something next year

McNabb to DC? I dont think too many saw that one coming. Keeping him in the division was surprising.

I am very suprised, an inter division trade especially in the NFC East where there is such a rivalry, very suprising indeed.

I am super shocked. I haven't seen an inter division trade in a long time. McNabb probably has 3 years left in him, plenty of time for Shanny to develop what's next. Biggest loser in this whole thing, Jimmy Clausen. Now you can pretty much count on DC to draft a LT.

I would assume Davis if he is available. But they could also go with Berry if he is there.

Re: The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Yeah didnt see that coming at all. Now he gets to go all Favre on the iggles twice a year.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would assume Davis if he is available. But they could also go with Berry if he is there.

I'm about 99.9% sure that Okung is going to be the pick. If the draft falls the way it should he'll be there. If by some upset he's picked by Detroit, I see Bulaga more than Davis. Davis' stock is dropping for some reason. Shanny likes quick feet on his line so they can run block better. I doubt Berry will be the pick because knowing Shanny his priority is offense and he wants to put his stamp on his team. He's got his RB and QB stable now he wants his quicker lineman.

NFL.com and about 9 other places still have Davis at the top of the O-Line spots.

NFL.com and about 9 other places still have Davis at the top of the O-Line spots.

They have him ranked either 1 or 2 but from all the reports and mock drafts, he's dropping. I think there are some scouts that are spooked by something. He's a great tackle (he's a RU guy and I know Schiano teaches them right). I think its a mistake to let this guy slip past 10 but hey I'm not a GM. :D

It doesnt matter what those 10 places say.. it is what Shanny says that matters in this case

Umm clearly, but have you heard him say anything at all about who he is drafting let alone a LT?

No he stopped calling the house. :D Seriously, I am sure that all changed with this trade.

No he stopped calling the house. :D Seriously, I am sure that all changed with this trade.

I agree WR, there's no way you pickup a QB like McNabb and not have someone protect his blind side.

Maybe the Redskins will trade down from #4. Maybe they go after a name like Fozell Adams to be LT and build up draft picks

Maybe the Redskins will trade down from #4. Maybe they go after a name like Fozell Adams to be LT and build up draft picks

With his success in the draft with offense I highly doubt picking up the human hotel will be his move, plus the man is the complete opposite of what Shanahan likes in his OL. He could move down and pickup picks and go after one of the lesser known LT's since this draft is deep in OL.

With his success in the draft with offense I highly doubt picking up the human hotel will be his move, plus the man is the complete opposite of what Shanahan likes in his OL. He could move down and pickup picks and go after one of the lesser known LT's since this draft is deep in OL.

Yea that sounds more like it..

The Skins are stocking up to win the Super Bowl for the year 2004.

When wanting to win now fails. When wanting to win in the future fails. Snyder figured he should now try to win in the past.

Have fun Skins fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back