Men playing a "Lady" ball...

If you don't want them, I'll kindly take them off your hands :D

So, I was at a friends mothers breast cancer benefit dinner the other night and they had door prizes, one of them being a dozen Precept IQ Plus in pink.

I didn't win them but I was sitting next to the lady who did and overheard her say to her friend "I always win stuff I have no use for." This got my attention as I figured before the night was over I would win something I had no use for too...and I did. So I offered to trade with the golf ball lady and she gladly accepted. As she was walking out she says to me, "I hope your wife enjoys the golf balls, thanks again." :laughing:

I'll be rocking the pink ball in my next round. :egyptian:

If you don't want them, I'll kindly take them off your hands :D

I'm going to give them a try but if I don't like them I'll happily send them out to you.

15 years ago there were mainly 90 compression and 100 compression balls. Some companies had an 80 compression ball made for Women. Today most balls are anywhere from 50 to 90 compression. However there are many different models that are not "made for Women" that have low compression. Below is just a few models that are below the old 90 compression for amateurs.

Bridgestone
E6 55 compression
Treosoft 65 compression
Callaway HX Hot Plus 75 compression
Srixon
Softfeel 65 compression
Z Star 80 compression
Titleist Pro V1 75 compression
Taylor Made TP Black/Red LDP 70 compression

The Precept Lady IQ 180 is 55 compression. The original Lady was 70 I believe

So many of today's balls are in fact lower in compression that most amateur men's balls back in the late 90's.

Last edited:
womens balls are great for winter golf

I won a free dozen Srixon Z Star golf balls and have been playing with those rather than my Precepts (probably because these were free and didn't want to lose my pink golf balls, LOL, and are probably saving them as well) but these played really nice :good:

15 years ago there were mainly 90 compression and 100 compression balls. Some companies had an 80 compression ball made for Women. Today most balls are anywhere from 50 to 90 compression. However there are many different models that are not "made for Women" that have low compression. Below is just a few models that are below the old 90 compression for amateurs.

Bridgestone
E6 55 compression
Treosoft 65 compression
Callaway HX Hot Plus 75 compression
Srixon
Softfeel 65 compression
Z Star 80 compression
Titleist Pro V1 75 compression
Taylor Made TP Black/Red LDP 70 compression

The Precept Lady IQ 180 is 55 compression. The original Lady was 70 I believe

So many of today's balls are in fact lower in compression that most amateur men's balls back in the late 90's.

I won a free dozen Srixon Z Star golf balls and have been playing with those rather than my Precepts (probably because these were free and didn't want to lose my pink golf balls, LOL, and are probably saving them as well) but these played really nice :good:

I think Diane or Claire was mentioning something about a friend using ProV1s as water balls because they were free too (in another thread). Funny how the illusion of price affects one's perception of a golf ball... :D

My pink Precepts are premium golf balls :D hee hee

I think Diane or Claire was mentioning something about a friend using ProV1s as water balls because they were free too (in another thread). Funny how the illusion of price affects one's perception of a golf ball... :D

That was Diane.

I played two rounds with them and wasn't a big fan of the Precepts, my Pearls seem longer and straighter for me so I'll stick with them, I might try the Solaires though.

GC, I lost a couple more today but the rest are boxed up and heading out to you tomorrow, enjoy!

I played some with the Nike Karma..... its a "lady" ball.... says some places. I wouldn't have bought them if I knew that.... but when I played them I loved them...... I still play them sometimes.

I have used pink balls & have no issue utilizing a so called ladies ball. To me it's just another golf ball.

Just read the latest golf digest saying lady balls are designed for swing speeds in the 60s. If you have a high swing speed, what kind of results can you expect playing a lady ball?

In addition to my other balls, I always carry 3 "wilson hope" golfballs ($10/dozen). I use them when I start playing poorly and get frustrated at myself.

It is really tough to take yourself too seriously when you are hitting a pink (or my preference, lavender) ball off the tee. It also has the added benefit of allowing me to swing slower without loosing as much distance as I would with other balls. Then I can focus on my swing and tempo! After 1 or 2 holes I put it back in the bag and go back to my regular ball

I played on sunday with some friends and after a horrible front nine of a 51, one of the guys came up to me on the 10th tee and handed me a pink ball and said, "Here the high score gets to play a pink ball". After we all had a good laugh I teed it up and smashed it. I wound up shooting a 44 the back nine and after a couple of holes the guys wanted the pink ball back. The ball I was playing was the Precept Lady IQ 180. I plan on playing it again and seeing if I really like it and put some in the bag.

In addition to my other balls, I always carry 3 "wilson hope" golfballs ($10/dozen). I use them when I start playing poorly and get frustrated at myself.

It is really tough to take yourself too seriously when you are hitting a pink (or my preference, lavender) ball off the tee. It also has the added benefit of allowing me to swing slower without loosing as much distance as I would with other balls. Then I can focus on my swing and tempo! After 1 or 2 holes I put it back in the bag and go back to my regular ball

this sounds like an excellent idea... im gonna try this... thanks:alien2:

I did the same thing this weekend. I had a sleeve of crappy Nitro balls I got at walmart for $5 a dozen.

There's nothing wrong with a man playing a "lady's" ball just like there's nothing wrong with a lady playing a "man's" ball :wink:

I played the Precept iQ 180 for a while. It was cool. My Pops busted my chops for a while but let it go after a while. If it helps the game why not play em?

Back