The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T'was a struggle for sure. We're blessed with the one.

You earned your stripes, no doubt. The whole thing is surreal when it's happening. At least from the father's side. Very real for the mother, though, I'm sure.

Kevin

Looking back, the weirdest part was those pregnancy hormones. All those behaviors and outbursts that seemed so rational at the time were sheer insanity.

I like liverwurst.

Looking back, the weirdest part was those pregnancy hormones. All those behaviors and outbursts that seemed so rational at the time were sheer insanity.

I like liverwurst.
I've never been pregnant, I don't think, but my neurotransmitters misfire on a regular basis. :alien2:

I've never been pregnant, I don't think, but my neurotransmitters misfire on a regular basis. :alien2:

I still remember when Hubby got annoyed because I made a wrong turn about 20 miles of freeway from home. I pulled the car over, burst into tears, and was fully prepared to walk home. Alone. At night. Along the highway. Pregnant and in heels.

Like I said, it seemed perfectly rational at the time.

I still remember when Hubby got annoyed because I made a wrong turn about 20 miles of freeway from home. I pulled the car over, burst into tears, and was fully prepared to walk home. Alone. At night. Along the highway. Pregnant and in heels.

You're not always like that? I've mentioned it before here, I think, but I had a friend that dated a woman that was like that most of the time. She was also a thrower of head seeking projectiles.

Of course that was the 1980's and all the hair spray may have made her goofy and violent.

Kevin

You're not always like that? I've mentioned it before here, I think, but I had a friend that dated a woman that was like that most of the time. She was also a thrower of head seeking projectiles.

Of course that was the 1980's and all the hair spray may have made her goofy and violent.

Kevin

I think I dated her as well. Deadly accurate that women was.

Kevin

Not any more--I can't wear heels so much.

Will work for golf

Will work for golf

I picked up a "side job" at a local golf course. I'm going to help them out with a little computer consulting and powerpoint set up and in turn they are going to give me free golf. :bananadance: I've thought about asking if I could trade the free golf for a couple lessons. I might ask and see what they say.

At the time is WAS perfectly rational. :)

I picked up a "side job" at a local golf course. I'm going to help them out with a little computer consulting and powerpoint set up and in turn they are going to give me free golf. :bananadance: I've thought about asking if I could trade the free golf for a couple lessons. I might ask and see what they say.
That sounds great!

ps: the Golf Gods don't hate you. :)

Good deal, Bogey!

Nice Bogey! It can't hurt to ask...you never know until you do so give it a shot!

Im filling out my census right now. I have made sure to include my cat and dog as members of the household.

Im filling out my census right now. I have made sure to include my cat and dog as members of the household.

I haven't completed mine yet. A client once asked me what Phillip's role in the company was - turns out he didn't realize that Phillip was a Basset Hound. That was awkward.

I haven't completed mine yet. A client once asked me what Phillip's role in the company was - turns out he didn't realize that Phillip was a Basset Hound. That was awkward.

Im hoping Buster gets jury duty. I already have a bow tie for him to wear.

My banter away is that I started filling mine out and didn’t like some of the questions so I guess somebody is going to have to come knock on my door. :D

Good deal, Bogey!

Nice Bogey! It can't hurt to ask...you never know until you do so give it a shot!

For sure. I'm meeting with them at 7:30 tomorrow morning to look at a couple of things and get the info about what they are hoping to do. I can't wait. So much for sleeping in.

I already filled mine out. You can't really mail it in yet because it's not April 1 and since they ask how many people are living in your house as of 4/1, you can't mail it in. So if they want to know that then why don't they wait until after 4/1 to mail them.

Im hoping Buster gets jury duty. I already have a bow tie for him to wear.

I'd like to see you put that bow tie on him. I bet it gets pretty ugly. Grace would let us do it but Basset Hounds don't really care about much.

My banter away is that I started filling mine out and didn’t like some of the questions so I guess somebody is going to have to come knock on my door. :D

Haha, I wonder if they actually fine people for it. They sure did waste a lot of money on this whole deal.

Haha, I wonder if they actually fine people for it. They sure did waste a lot of money on this whole deal.

No, they didn't Gasman. The census is needed as population shifts and migrates. I have no problem with it and can't understand why others do.

I don’t want to send this thread to the Debate Room but I will say bring on the fine, some of those questions are simply not relevant to the constitutional parameters of a census. I do have some questions I would like answered, not that I expect the person that comes to my door to be able to do so. :banghead: Plus I just want to make someone put up with my two crazy Weimaraners! :D

No, they didn't Gasman. The census is needed as population shifts and migrates. I have no problem with it and can't understand why others do.

They dont count for the millions of illegals we have out here so the numbers have to be way off and the amount of commercials for the whole thing is ridiculous.
I would think people have a problem with it because they dont trust the government to have all of that info. I cant say I blame them.
Now I will cross my fingers and wait for Buster and Lulu to start receiving jury duty and junk mail. I wouldnt be surprised if they sell the info.

Now I will cross my fingers and wait for Buster and Lulu to start receiving jury duty and junk mail. I wouldnt be surprised if they sell the info.

I wish I would have thought to put Grace down. I've already sealed it though and don't want to mess with opening it. Maybe Buster or Lulu will get a credit card and buy you some new clubs for your birthday or father's day or Christmas.

Diane, I have no problem with them “counting” people but I don’t think, race, income, etc has anything to do with a count of the people and where they live.

I wish I would have thought to put Grace down. I've already sealed it though and don't want to mess with opening it. Maybe Buster or Lulu will get a credit card and buy you some new clubs for your birthday or father's day or Christmas.

Maybe I need to reconsider my opposition. :D

I don’t want to send this thread to the Debate Room but I will say bring on the fine, some of those questions are simply not relevant to the constitutional parameters of a census. I do have some questions I would like answered, not that I expect the person that comes to my door to be able to do so. :banghead: Plus I just want to make someone put up with my two crazy Weimaraners! :D

Then don't answer those questions. They know that people will refuse to answer certain questions. It's not a big deal.

If you have questions - then call the Census Bureau or go to their website. You'll never get your answers sitting on a golf forum.

They dont count for the millions of illegals we have out here so the numbers have to be way off and the amount of commercials for the whole thing is ridiculous.
I would think people have a problem with it because they dont trust the government to have all of that info. I cant say I blame them.

They do count them Gasman. They run the commercials to ease people's minds and as a reminder to fill out the forms. Everyone knows everything about you anyway - it's not as though you're going to tell someone something they don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back