OFvar

The Drive to Win
Reaction score
Handicap
My coach uses words like snipe and duck to describe a shot he just hit that was a hook. Do you guys use any interesting golf lingo?

Sounds like your Golf coach used to take his dates snipe hunting when he was younger! Ask him about that sometime! hehehe

To answer your question, I call what I do "Golf", does that count?

Harsh:

"I princess Diana'd that one"

I'm sure most people know what that means.

Try some of these:

ARichard Hammond - Straight down the middle like a rocket, then veers off into the rough at the last minute.

An Adolf - Taking two shots in a bunker.
An elephant's arse - it's high and it stinks.
A sister-in-law - I'm up there, but I know that I shouldn't be.
A Gerry Adams - a provisional.
A Michael Jackson - fading away.
An Anna Kournikova - looks great, but unlikely to get a result.
A Vinnie Jones - nasty kick when you're not expecting it.
An Arthur Scargill - Great strike, but a poor result.
A Rodney King - Over-clubbed.
An O.J. Simpson - Shouldn't have, but got away with it.
A Condom - Safe, but didn't feel right.
A Tony Blair - too much spin.
A Jamie Oliver - you really want to smack it, but you
A Dennis Wise - nasty little five footer.
A Rock Hudson - thought it was straight, but it wasn't.
A ladyboy - Looks like an easy hole, but all may not be what it seems.
A gynaecologist's assistant - just shaves the hole.

Does your husband play ? for when a man hits a short tee shot.

A Cuban - needed one more revolution.
A Brazillian - hits the narrow stip down the middle.
A Glen Miller - kept low and didn't make it over the water.
A Princess Grace - should have taken a driver.
A 'Son in Law' Not what I was expecting but it will have to do
A 'Sally Gunnel' Ugly, but runs well.
A Heather Mills- Right on the money, just did not have the legs.
A 'Paula Radcliffe' Not as ugly as a Sally but runs further.
An 'Eva Braun' A pick up in the bunker.
A Princess Di - shouldn't have taken a driver.

Hers's a link to the real stuff.

Golf Lingo - Gilroy Golf Course

got in a car crash caused by the paparazzi on the golf course...talented!

jk

haha

One of my partners used to used "UBE" (OOOH-bee): ugly but effective.

Richard Simmons- hitting it fat and thin

Fiso.... F*** I'm still out!

"Sit Ubu, Sit!"

Heard a new one today.

Saddam Hussein - bunker to bunker
An In-n-Out Burger - double double...back to back double bogies.

The last one I heard Stewart Cink use.

The BF teases me because I'm always in the sand, so he'll call me Miss Hasselhoff (Baywatch, David Hasselhoff...) :nono:

my buddies and I call a 5 a Subway cause of the $5.00 commercials and of course we always sing the Frosty the Snowman song to whoever scores an 8! I know nerd alert! :bananadance:

I've got a shot that I call my "Yankee Doodle Dandy (aka Jimmy Cagney).... that's my over the top pull (yanked) left into the trees, water... whatever's over there - it's always something bad. :banghead:+

I also love it when I miss an approach and still manage to catch the frog hair. :D

I had to bring back this old thread after playing with some funny characters yesterday.

One guy hits his drive way out there and everyone is like great job man. The next guy up smokes one past the first and the someone watching say's:

"You just got Linda Ronstadt'ed"! Everyone is cracking up when I said what??? He say's "Blew By You" (Blue Bayou), lmao. Had that song in my head ever since.

I had to bring back this old thread after playing with some funny characters yesterday.

One guy hits his drive way out there and everyone is like great job man. The next guy up smokes one past the first and the someone watching say's:

"You just got Linda Ronstadt'ed"! Everyone is cracking up when I said what??? He say's "Blew By You" (Blue Bayou), lmao. Had that song in my head ever since.

I saw someone smash it past someone elses drive once and as we walked down the fairway he said "I hear they are building a Tesco around here" (UK Supermarket chain)

The other bloke said, "Oh yeah, where is that then"

"Between our 2 balls............"

I saw someone smash it past someone elses drive once and as we walked down the fairway he said "I hear they are building a Tesco around here" (UK Supermarket chain)

The other bloke said, "Oh yeah, where is that then"

"Between our 2 balls............"

Haha, someone mentioned that one the other day and I forgot about it. Think they used a Super Wal-mart, lol.

when one of us skulls a wedge over the green, someone always says, just a bit outside! its from the movie Major League

Last edited:
Do you guys in the States ever get exposed to Wayne Riley ? He is a commentator on Sky Sports in the UK and is great value for money.

"That ball is dead - You could wrap that in bacon and Lassie wouldn't find it"

"Oh mate, that's where Jesus lost his sandals"

Talking about Chris Wood - "What is this guy, 6'4 ? 6'5 ? He's like a 1iron with fingers"

On Rhys Davies - "This guy is so slim, he must have a 28 inch waist - He's not exactly Mr Kiplings right hand man"

Back