What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a short par 29 9 holes at the local course. It was absolutely freezing, and the course had no flags in just holes, so you had to guess where the hole was. Technically it wasn't open. Everything was super frozen.

I actually did keep score though and shot a 32 (+3) 2 Bogeys, 1 Double, 1 Bird, 6 Pars

Just plain ugly

Just plain ugly

47 + 44 = 91 I had one of those days you are ready to be over with. Weather was beautiful and sunny...... I think my brain is frozen though :banghead:

Three triple bogies at least and a couple of doubles with one lone birdie that I Pissed in from a 35 ft with a left to right putt that broke 15 yds .........

My plan is to do a memory dump and start fresh Friday a.m. It beats working however when I play bad, I forget how to have fun and start kicking myself really hard. I don't have a leave it alone attitude that I so wish I had....

Record Round

Record Round

I shot a +1 37 today. MY BEST EVER!!! I had an eagle from the fairway on #10 and I had 1 eagle, 5 pars, and 3 bogeys. I have a tournament at the same course tomorrow so I hope I can play well.

I shot a +1 37 today. MY BEST EVER!!! I had an eagle from the fairway on #10 and I had 1 eagle, 5 pars, and 3 bogeys. I have a tournament at the same course tomorrow so I hope I can play well.

Great round partner! Sounds like you got your A game cooking :D Maybe JB should put you on the front of THP Magazine and you will cop the big W!!!!

haha I have a tournament tomorrow so I hope I can go out there and shoot somewhere around 40!!!

that's a fantastic effort clay, congrats. keep the momentum rolling tomorrow. good luck, trust your swing!

that's a fantastic effort clay, congrats. keep the momentum rolling tomorrow. good luck, trust your swing!

Thanks YODA! lol..... may the force be with me.

Shot a 79 today. 1 over of the front and 7 over on the back. Only the second time I have ever broken 80 in my life!

I played a short par 29 9 holes at the local course. It was absolutely freezing, and the course had no flags in just holes, so you had to guess where the hole was. Technically it wasn't open. Everything was super frozen.

I actually did keep score though and shot a 32 (+3) 2 Bogeys, 1 Double, 1 Bird, 6 Pars
That's excellent Dent. When you consider the weather and no flags that's even more impressive. :)

First round out, shot a 78, with a bird, 5 bogeys, a double. learning my irons and wedges still. drove the ball extremely well

My second time out today, played a course I've never played with iron's I've never hit. I was actually pulling the plastic off the irons as the shot called for that club, lol. My goal this year was to eventually get under 80 and stay there. Today was a great start by shooting 42/40 for 82. 10 over par on a harder course, I was stocked. 2 Birdies, 6 par's, 8 bogey's and 2 double's. Putting was on fire, but chipping hurt me several times. It was a blast.

Today I shot 85, which ordinarily would not be good, but since it is my second time out all year long and it was 45 degrees with a sustained 25 mpg wind, it wasn't too bad. I hit the ball well, but I missed a ton of short putts for par and birdie. I found my nice draw that had been missing all last year, so that is a definant plus! So over all, good round in the cold and wind. Next week it is supposed to be in the high 60s so I'm feeling my first round in the 70s for this year coming up next time out!

shot 70 today. 4 birds. Bogey par 5 15th then finished 3/3/3 to get back in under par!

Best round in 6 mos.

:banana:

Wasn't today - but shot 79 on par 71 on Tuesday. That was two days after shooting 96 on the same course!!

Second sub-80 of my career. Definitely helped by the new driver!

Wasn't today - but shot 79 on par 71 on Tuesday. That was two days after shooting 96 on the same course!!

Second sub-80 of my career. Definitely helped by the new driver!

That justs chaps your butt when you play so well one day and turn right around and go blind :banghead: It's just like your brain took a huge memory dump on how to strike a golf ball. You got to luv it :D

played 9 holes this evening and shot a 39... missed a 15 footer on #9 by an inch for a 38. i also hit 7/7 fairways. i cant miss with this FT-i. just bought it BRAND NEW from Callaway Pre-Owned for $139

I'm a little slow posting this one - I played in our annual Member Appreciation Day Scramble on Monday, a free tournament w/lunch for our members, with $10 for 6 mulligans which financed a bunch of prizes. I played on a team unlike any I have ever played on - it was 4 low handicappers (not odd), and I was easily the shortest off the tee (never before). It was a kinda tough scoring day, cool (50's) and windy. I hit a lot of really nice drives, but my team never used mine. Irons were a different story - I was the longest in our group with the irons, a club longer than all those young bucks, and my team used quite a few of my approaches. Our course has 3 9's, and the field was divided into 3 divisions - we competed against the teams that played the same 18 we played, which was the Robert Trent Jones 18, by far the toughest combination. Our score of 29/31-60 walked away with our division by 3 shots. There was one quirky rule - every time a team made a birdie, the next hole had to be played from the blue tees - this rule likely aided our group to the win, since we were loaded with longballers, but made for a really tough set of par 3's, all over 200 yds. Can't beat a free tournament!

Tomorrow is the Spring TriFecta, an 18 hole tourney with 6 holes each of scramble, better ball, and alternate shot. My old partner Pistol and I won 5 TriFecta's together, but he has moved away and had a conflict with this date. I have the current club champion for my partner - he was supposed to play with our pro, but the pro had wrist surgery and is not quite golf-ready; so, when Pistol couldn't come, we joined forces to play. I am thinking 66 will be a winner for certain, and if we roll it decent we can hit that #.

Yeah, memory dump. 94 today. 30 mph wind wit 40 mph gusts and cold, just brutle. All 5 par 5 holes were into the wind. I actually rocked in the wind at times standing over the ball and had my first penalty, EVER, from the wind moving my ball after removing placing it. Crazy when you have to add 6 to 8 inches of slide to a put for wind. On one hole I aimed 40 yards right of center and hit the left center of the green, it was nuts.

With all that said, I am a better golfer for it. I learned some from the experiance. Next time stay home, lol.

Got 9 in after work today. Almost wish I didn't, dismal performance. Shot a 50. Who knows if the back 9 would have been better if I had played it. My mid irons were not working for me today.

I wish I could shoot 89 consistantly! I'm usually in the 95 range.

shot 96 today. 48, 48.

just couldnt string it together. lost 4 balls. 2 from the 17th t, then par with my 3rd ball..LOL. story of my round.

drove the ball really well apart from 17, but anything inside 100 yards wasnt giving myself a chance.

next week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back