Taylormade Burner Super Fast Fairway Woods

Hit the 5w last night. Felt good into the net at GS. Shaft is better than I expected.

I had the pleasure to hit a 3 wood today, and I must say that the ball just flies off the face. The sound is so pure and aggressive that I had to put it in my bag. I was also turned on by the price of 199.99 instead of the R9's 229.99. Here's to hoping it treats me as well on the course as it did on the launch monitor.

I had the pleasure to hit a 3 wood today, and I must say that the ball just flies off the face. The sound is so pure and aggressive that I had to put it in my bag. I was also turned on by the price of 199.99 instead of the R9's 229.99. Here's to hoping it treats me as well on the course as it did on the launch monitor.

Congrats on the new stick.

I hit it this weekend in the simulator at PGA superstore... soooo hard to really tell whats up in those things... dont trust em

Ok...5 wood in the bag. Can't part with my R9 3 wood but, could see why someone would. Killer.

These are very good fairway woods. Easy to hit and long. 5 wood is a beast and I am tempted to add a 3 wood.

Very good fairway woods. I had trouble convincing myself that the stock shaft was going to be worth keeping. Well, they are. My swing thought so far this Spring is "80%, 80%" trying to not swing out of my shoes. These 2 woods (3,5) have been great. There isn't a par 5 at my course that I can't have a go in 2. Long, straight and nice high ball flight. I will mention it here and in the Penta thread, all of my ball flight is higher this year. I have new irons, driver and fairway woods along with the Penta. I don't think it is just the ball, I am sure the Nippon shafts are higher than my DG and the Oban is higher than my Diamana WB but, all together my game is higher now and I fought it but I think I like it!! Scores are good so, why fight it.

I hit this yesterday at a demo day and agree it is very deep off the tee. I can't hit woods off the ground so I wouldn't get it but it did feel pretty good. I wasn't hitting on a monitor but I would say they were going 230-240 pretty easily. I just cant seem to get 3 woods off the ground and 5 woods go about the same distance as my 3 iron. I can never figure out what to do.

I hit this yesterday at a demo day and agree it is very deep off the tee. I can't hit woods off the ground so I wouldn't get it but it did feel pretty good. I wasn't hitting on a monitor but I would say they were going 230-240 pretty easily. I just cant seem to get 3 woods off the ground and 5 woods go about the same distance as my 3 iron. I can never figure out what to do.

I have trouble getting them off the ground sometimes, but this thing is worth being in the bag for those tight holes where you still want some distance. I drove the green on a 240 yard par 3 yesterday..when I normally am 20-30 yards short with my irons. This thing is a keeper!

Just spent some more time on the range with this one. It is a rocket launcher off the tee.

just bought one of these today,
got a good tip from the pro, so have to consider working on my swing now..

oh, and measured my clubhead speed for the first time today, averaged about 95.. i think though this would increase as i go through a round, i always seem to incrementially speed up as i play :D

I have an '07 Burner 3w and I love it. It takes a while for me to switch 3 woods. My prior was a Callaway Hawkeye and I tried a bunch for a few years until I found the burner. I can hit mine off the deck no problem and I think that is a strong suit of the '07. Any thoughts on how the new one compares with the '07?

Last edited:
I have an '07 Burner 3w and I love it. It takes a while for me to switch 3 woods. My prior was a Callaway Hawkeye and I tried a bunch for a few years unto I found the burner. I can hit mine off the deck no problem and I think that is a stron suit of the '07. Any thoughts on how the new one compares with the '07?

In my opinion, 07 Burner driver and fairway woods are hard to beat.
The best fairway woods ever were the Callaway steelhead plus 3 and 5 (again in my opinion)

I have an '07 Burner 3w and I love it. It takes a while for me to switch 3 woods. My prior was a Callaway Hawkeye and I tried a bunch for a few years until I found the burner. I can hit mine off the deck no problem and I think that is a strong suit of the '07. Any thoughts on how the new one compares with the '07?

I played the 07 myself for a good 5 months back when it came out. A very good 3 wood. This one is DEFINITELY longer for me both off the deck and the tee. I did not think I would find a 3 wood better than the R9, which many around the forum have heard me say that I believe is the best on the market followd closely by the Dymo Quadkeel. But this one is very solid. Playing twice this weekend at new courses, so I will have more detail for hte review coming up soon.

I played the 07 myself for a good 5 months back when it came out. A very good 3 wood. This one is DEFINITELY longer for me both off the deck and the tee. I did not think I would find a 3 wood better than the R9, which many around the forum have heard me say that I believe is the best on the market followd closely by the Dymo Quadkeel. But this one is very solid. Playing twice this weekend at new courses, so I will have more detail for hte review coming up soon.

I'm going to a demo day in a few and I'm going to definately try both the R9 and this one. Thanks for the input.

Any word on when the Super Fast hybrid is coming out in the states?

Im assuming by the nature of the question that its out over seas? Why wouldnt they release it here? Specially with how well the 3W seems to be doing.

It is not really out anywhere, yet. From what we are hearing expect it out in the Fall or close to it. New Burner items coming in the fall we have heard.

I have been teeing off with this 3 wood on about half the holes and it is an absolute rocket off the tee. Never thought TM could come out with something as good as the R9 3 wood, but this might even be better.

JB I concur these are incredible fairway woods. I was not in the market for a fairway wood, hit these and ended up buying the 3 and 5 woods. Hec I am not even a taylormade guy, these are the first 2 TM clubs in my bag. I swear that 3 wood off the tee is only about 10-15 yards shorter than my driver. I only had the FT-IZ 3 wood for a few weeks but this 3 wood blew it away.

The way you guys keep talking about this club I think its going to be the first one that I look for to demo. I love more distance!

Back