Anyone use the ten finger grip?

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
Saw Michael Breed talking about it last night and tried it today on the range.....wow, felt like I had much more solid and consistent ball striking..any reason not to stick with it? Seems like even chipping came easier with the new grip.

My wife does. She tried the interlock and overlap grips but they didn't feel right for her.

My best friend has used the ten finger grip since he was a kid.

I do. The interlock or overlap just doesn't jive with me.:blob:

I use the 10 finger grip as well. Using the overlap just didn't feel right for me. I feel like I can flick the ball better at release than the overlap.

I've tried it and it was comfortable but didn't stick with it for some reason. I think It can be a good grip for any hand size. I broke my left wrist when I was young so recently I started using a modified interlock with my left thumb under my right pinky. I may try the 10 finger again at some point for the comfort.

My wife does. She tried the interlock and overlap grips but they didn't feel right for her.

My best friend has used the ten finger grip since he was a kid.

I use the 10 finger grip as well.....I am used to it from playing baseball all of my life, and just felt it more comfortable to use it.......BAZINGA!:banana:

I also noticed on The Haney Project last night that when he was showing Ray Romano, a new grip that in the left hand it should be more in the palm and less in the fingers....anyone hold the club like this?

I use the 10 finger grip as well.....I am used to it from playing baseball all of my life, and just felt it more comfortable to use it.......BAZINGA!:banana:

BAZINGA

I also noticed on The Haney Project last night that when he was showing Ray Romano, a new grip that in the left hand it should be more in the palm and less in the fingers....anyone hold the club like this?

I saw that and taking lessons and everything you see about the grip they teach you to hold it in the palm/finger crease because it is suppose to relieve tension. And playing baseball most of my life that's what came naturally as well. I'll have to see how that works on the range.

Interlock for me. I have tried the 10 finger grip though... worked well but I could not break the interlocking habit. It feels right.

I used to go back and forth between the 10-finger and the overlap grip, I never could decide what I preferred. I now use an overlap grip, and for some reason (unknown to me) the 10-finger grip no longer feels good to me: It no longer feels right during the through-swing.

I use it as well. Using interlock the club almost flys out of my hands, and I slice everything severely. It hurts my finger bones as well.

I do... I didn't even know Hank is promoting my grip style.. :)
I think this is just how I started from the beginning.

and 10 finger grip... I am not sure but I think Moe Norman used that

I used to use the hook grip, but I changed it last year to the baseball style and I find it much more confortable for me.

I putt with a 10 finger grip, does that count? :)

I've been through the 10 finger, overlap, and last year was my 2nd straight year with interlocked. Feels right on irons, but not particularly on the driver - like others said, I feel at times I might lose the driver.

I have used the 10 finger grip for many years now. I believe it helps me hit the irons cleaner. Just feels more natural and I am definitely longer with the 10 finger grip without any loss of accuracy.

The problem with the grip is that it can easily get wristy when nerves come up and I tend to get wristy with my pitches and short game shots.

I use the 10 finger or baseball grip I can't and wont use anything else it does not feel confortable with me at all.

I used to use the 10 finger grip as well but have recently switched over to the interlock and I absolutely like the interlock better. It just takes some getting used to and to me, it feels like my left hand and right hand are one on the club instead of separate. Just my thoughts though :)

I've used it since day one, it just seemed natural to me. I've never had a lesson or anyone show me the other techniques, so I don't know if this is the best grip for me or not.

I tried a ten-finger grip once and I didn't care for it. It felt as if my hands were working against each other as if they each wanted to move in opposite directions.

I prefer an interlocking grip.

-JP

I putt with a 10 finger grip, does that count? :)

I've been through the 10 finger, overlap, and last year was my 2nd straight year with interlocked. Feels right on irons, but not particularly on the driver - like others said, I feel at times I might lose the driver.

Me too, I'll putt that same way!

Back