What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 for 9 holes

Most shots felt terrible but I've now played 54 holes since early November & this was the 1st time since early January so I should not expect much -- even though I always do...

Shot an 85 ! Had a mere on the front 9, hit no FIR's and that killed me. Did play a lot better on the back shooting a 39. 2 birds helped but the triple and 3 doubles didn't

While not today but shot a 94 yesterday.

Mistakes on the front nine combined with my inability to remember the greens on the back nine are always faster than the greens on the front kept me from breaking 90.

Funny day. I shot 43 on the front by starting with doubles on the first 3 holes. Settled down after that and had a decent front. Just at the turn, the storms were have been promised hit. Winds went up to around 25-30MPH and we got some rain squalls through. I shot up to a 47 on the back. Its hard to score when you can barely stand in the wind.

Still, I hit some quality shots in spite of the wind. I am not unhappy.

Played horrible golf today...it was so horrible it was off the charts and I gave up keeping track of my stats!! But I did bogey hole #1 and #2, and only par'd one hole. And this was a Par 3 course :(

shot a 93 today, not great but I'm happy with it. had 3 pars and 1 birdie but add that with a couple of snowmans and alot of boogies and double boogies makes for a so so round. but hey I was still playing golf right! :bananadance:

sat - 108
sun - 90
today - will post later

my excuse for sat... it was my bday... it was windy... we were drunk... and thats what she said
i only missed 1 fw on sat which means i shoulda killed the course... but my approach shots found every trouble on the course and with the booze flowing... getting off most of the beaches was a task that i wasnt up to...

sun was amazing that i could even swing a club with a hangover i had... lolz... at least i broke 100

today its time to play to my hcp... :crossingfingerssmiley:

sat - 108
sun - 90
today - will post later

my excuse for sat... it was my bday... it was windy... we were drunk... and thats what she said
i only missed 1 fw on sat which means i shoulda killed the course... but my approach shots found every trouble on the course and with the booze flowing... getting off most of the beaches was a task that i wasnt up to...

sun was amazing that i could even swing a club with a hangover i had... lolz... at least i broke 100

today its time to play to my hcp... :crossingfingerssmiley:

Sounds like you had a good birthday regardless of the score.:D

Snuck in 9 with 3 friends today before I got called back to work -- 3 birdies in a row in our skin game had them clapping hands when I got the phone call ---

shot 2 over for the round -- but they'll get the $$ back -- I'm famous for hot starts in the early reounds before I start thinking -- then the trouble starts.

Last edited:
Shot 43 on the front 9 at Forest Heights. :banana: Should have been about a 41. Missed a short par putt putt on one hole and made a double bogey on another!:angry:

shot an 88 today. i was all over the place. i only hit 7/14 fairways today and only 4/18 GIR. i was leaving all my approach shots short today. 10 bogeys today, horrible golf

Mrs SAM and I went to Hilton Head for the past (4 day) weekend, for a pre-spring getaway. The villa we rented included free golf at Port Royal and Golden Bear and Shipyard - just pay $33 each for cart. It was a fairly cold weekend by HH standards in early March, in the 50's every day and 30's at night, but wonderfully clear the whole time. We booked a tee time at Port Royal on Friday, and played the Planters Row course. It was my first time there, we were paired with an older couple from Canada that had a membership - had to get used to their 'ready golf', but they were nice and it was enjoyable. I played the back tees at about 6700 yds, and I have to say it was a tough track, starting kind of easy and getting progressively harder, very tight narrow fairways, small greens. I shot 39/40-79 with 11 pars and 7 bogeys. Mrs SAM shot 61 on the front, a little high for her, but her bad knee was acting up and finally at the 12th hole she gave up any pretense of continuing as the knee was barking at her to the point she could hardly follow through. Our partner told us that Planters Row is the hardest of the 3 18's at Port Royal and the members avoid it. All in all, it was a fine but cool afternoon of golf.

Sounds like fun SAM. How "ready" was their ready golf?

40 on 9 holes today. Best ever.

Thanks. It was first real serious 9 since like summer so it felt really great.

Sounds like fun SAM. How "ready" was their ready golf?

In the fairways it was pretty normal ready golf - whoever was at their ball and ready hit. The harder part for me was at the green, where they just putted and putted out and were a bit carefree about others lines. I got used to it, but for the first portion of the round it made me feel a bit rushed around the green.

Played a course Sunday about an hour south of Seattle called The Woodlands at Hawks Prairie....Freakin' killed me. Playing a course called the Woodlands in 20 to 30 mph winds wasn't a good idea. Anything in the air was going where the wind wanted it to. I can pull off a wicked slice on command and when the wind was blowing from right to left the ball would literally go about 150 yards out heading right and change direction. It would have been funny if I hadn't paid for the pleasure of being out there. I did hit my 7 iron close to 200 yards on a 160 yard par 3. All groups were struggling. All day you could hear balls ricocheting off trees. We did have a bald eagle soar over us on the first tee, so that was pretty cool.

Thanks all....

Played another 9 today and shot a 50. Very disappointing. Averaged 2.4 putts and took 4 sand shots.. Unlucky day.

Couldn't putt to save my life today. First round of the year for me and shot an 85 with 37 putts. Overall hit the irons and driver very well for first time out and am quite pleased. Feel like breaking 80 is a strong possibility this year

shot an 84...
chipping was killlling me

shot an awesome 61.

Did I mention it was for 9? tee boxes were still mostly frozen and the greens felt like you were walking on concrete. So my putting really sucked.

Good news is all my misses were left, very conistant. I also got my first par of 2010 in my first round of the year.

Oh, and i was 8 strokes better then my first round of 2009. Lol.

chipping was better... putting was not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back