Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bogeyme is a Reds fan as well. You guys might be able to pull it off if the Central stays the same this year. I would of liked to of seen them go after Dye but Gomes will do. Depending on if Rolen is healthy, that will be a pretty solid 2-6.
The rotation is what I wonder about. I think Harrang will bounce back, but im still not sold on Bailey and Owings. Maybe Chapman will light a spark with some competition. Is Volquez out all season or will he be back for the stretch run?

I'm not sold on Bailey or Owings either but its a put or shut up year for Bailey in my opinion. The last I heard on Volquez, he should make it back at some point. Hopefully Chapman can gain a little control (which has been his problem all along) and when Volquez does make it back we should be pretty solid on the mound. Middle relief worries me though. Your starters can't go 7-8 innings every outing.

Did everyone see that they will begin testing for HGH in the minors this year? Looks like baseball will keep on heading in the pitching and defense route.

I think its a good thing to test for HGH in the minors. I love baseball and I hate the fact that it has been tainted with steriods for such a long period of time. Not to mention the fact that grown men get paid ridiculous sums of money to play a game. I would quit my job right this second to make league minimum and get to play in the show.

Did everyone see that they will begin testing for HGH in the minors this year? Looks like baseball will keep on heading in the pitching and defense route.

Because the pitchers are all innocent too. :D Exhibit A- Roger Clemens

I think its a good thing to test for HGH in the minors. I love baseball and I hate the fact that it has been tainted with steriods for such a long period of time. Not to mention the fact that grown men get paid ridiculous sums of money to play a game. I would quit my job right this second to make league minimum and get to play in the show.

HGH testing should be done at all levels. If the Players Union still wants to hide behind confidentiality claims they're bnot going to better position themselves as having come out of the steroid era.

I agree...

Because the pitchers are all innocent too. :D Exhibit A- Roger Clemens

I think the pitchers where the biggest users out of all of them. But it is funny how baseball has shifted back to speed, defense and pitching. What happend to the days where guys like Shawn Green and Louis Gonzalez were hitting almost 50 dingers?

I think the pitchers where the biggest users out of all of them. But it is funny how baseball has shifted back to speed, defense and pitching. What happend to the days where guys like Shawn Green and Louis Gonzalez were hitting almost 50 dingers?

and Brady Anderson....

So I'm sitting here watching the Yankees and Pirates preseason game and they throw up all the awards that Jeter won last year....
2009 Awards & Honors
A.L. All-Star starter
A.L Hank Aaron Award
Roberto Clemente Award
Gold Glove
Silver Slugger
5th World Championship
S.I. Sportsman of the Year
and he passed Lou Gehrig for most hits in NYY history.

That's an impressive list of awards for a player that many like to claim is overrated.

FTR: I'm a Jeter fan and if it's crunch time he's the guy I would want at the plate with the game on the line.

So I'm sitting here watching the Yankees and Pirates preseason game and they throw up all the awards that Jeter won last year....
2009 Awards & Honors
A.L. All-Star starter
A.L Hank Aaron Award
Roberto Clemente Award
Gold Glove
Silver Slugger
5th World Championship
S.I. Sportsman of the Year
and he passed Lou Gehrig for most hits in NYY history.

That's an impressive list of awards for a player that many like to claim is overrated.

FTR: I'm a Jeter fan and if it's crunch time he's the guy I would want at the plate with the game on the line.

They forgot to include that he's dating Minka Kelley....that's an award by itself

They forgot to include that he's dating Minka Kelley....that's an award by itself

That might be the most impressive award of all.:act-up:
minka-kelly-1.jpg

I am getting PHIRED UP for another run at the WS by the Phillies!

Halladay is the man, but Cole better get his act together.

I am getting PHIRED UP for another run at the WS by the Phillies!

Your not getting through my Dodgers this year. Third time is a charm right.

I hate to break it to you, but the Redbirds are going to take them both out.

Haha, just dont count on Holliday to catch any line drives. :D

It's all about the Royals this year!

At least through the first week of the regular season......

I knew that was coming. The moons of Saturn got in his eyes.

Doesnt it suck how that works? Im glad they resigned him because that would not of been cool if that was his legacy in St Louis. The guy is a stud and should have a great year batting behind Pujols.

not sure how much is heart and how much is head ... but optimism abounds for indians fans ... grady sizemore is healthy again ... two rising stars in outfielders matt laporta and michael brantley ... a talented young shortstop in asdrubal cabrera expected to break out ... and if johnny peralta and travis hafner bounce back ... cleveland could be a very strong team offensively ... the pitching staff appears lacking ... but laffey masterson and carmona have the talent to at least be solid enough to compete in the al central ... every year there's a team no one thinks much of that surprises everyone and captures the hearts of a nation ... as a cleveland fan ... i'm hoping this year it's going to be the indians ... LETS GO TRIBE !!!

not sure how much is heart and how much is head ... but optimism abounds for indians fans ... grady sizemore is healthy again ... two rising stars in outfielders matt laporta and michael brantley ... a talented young shortstop in asdrubal cabrera expected to break out ... and if johnny peralta and travis hafner bounce back ... cleveland could be a very strong team offensively ... the pitching staff appears lacking ... but laffey masterson and carmona have the talent to at least be solid enough to compete in the al central ... every year there's a team no one thinks much of that surprises everyone and captures the hearts of a nation ... as a cleveland fan ... i'm hoping this year it's going to be the indians ... LETS GO TRIBE !!!

I wonder how Westbrook comes back this year. Im hoping Hafner bounces back as well.

As an O's fan, you got to start every spring feeling optimistic that it will be a year like the Rays had. First spring game under the belt, with a nice power surge, including Josh Bell with two homers in his spring debut with the O's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back