What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot a 92 today :-(
a few days ago i shoot a 76 (different course though), but today i shoot a 92. typical... here are some UGLY stats from todays round:
Fairways Hit on Front 9: 6/7
Fairways Hit on Back 9: 0/7
GIR on Front 9: 1/9
GIR on Back 9: 3/9
Three 3-Putts
Four Dbl Bogeys
Two Triple Bogeys
It was such a beautiful day too. 60º and sunny. But my game was UGLY

Feb 20 (Breezy 35 - 52 degree day) White tees 6500 yards Island/Lake View

Hole 1 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 2 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 3 par 4 SAM 5
Hole 4 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 5 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 6 par 3 SAM 3
Hole 7 par 5 SAM 5
Hole 8 par 3 SAM 3
Hole 9 par 5 SAM 5

Hole 1 par 4 SAM 6
Hole 2 par 4 SAM 3
Hole 3 par 5 SAM 6
Hole 4 par 3 SAM 3
Hole 5 par 4 SAM 3
Hole 6 par 3 SAM 3
Hole 7 par 5 SAM 6
Hole 8 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 9 par 4 SAM 4

Gross scores : SAM 37/38-75(+3)

Pretty much a total turnaround from last Saturday - I mostly had my game, especially the irons, under some control. The first sign that it could be a better day came at the second hole, when I made a 12-14 footer to save par on a loosely played hole. One bogey and a bunch of pars later, I turned at 1 over. Then I started the back side with a poor drive into the fairway bunker that found a tough lie near the lip, and the hole never got any better as I hacked my way to a double bogey. I came back with a sweet six iron to 10 feet at the difficult 11th, and a sweeter birdie when I made the putt. Unfortunately I followed that with a 3 putt bogey, but at #14 I ran down a 40 footer for a surprise birdie. I bogeyed the last par 5 when my layup second shot got caught by a gust and ballooned, dropping in the hazard, but a nice pair of pars finished the profitable day at +3.

Last edited:
Played a new course.... Didn't keep score. Played decent.

I shot 82(42-40) last Wednesday in Mexico, with rented clubs, on a new (to me and in general) course, with unlimited food and alcohol! First round since October as well.

I had 2 birdies - and overall was pretty happy with it.

This was the course http://www.rivieramaya-golfclub.com/

Great score, let along on a new course with rentals. Did it have to do with the unlimited food and alcohol? :D Great job!

91 today at Haven GC in Green Valley, AZ. High winds on a totally unprotected course. I struck the ball well but putted like I had my eyes shut. Couldn't get stable in the gusty winds.

I was glad to play today

I was glad to play today

Got a break in the weather finally
and shot 76, 6 bogies and 2 birdies.
Two 3 putts, s fairly consistant day.

Shot an 89. Was a 2 club wind, if it wasn't for the 2 triples I would of been happy with the round.

81 today
11/14 fairways hit
7/18 GIR
33 Putts
10 Bogeys
7 pars
1 Birdie

played bogey golf today...
wind was just ridiculous... distance control was impossible
driving was on and off... more than a few big hooks
approach shots were touch and go... flew way too many greens today...
chipping was great... got my old form back (for now anyways)
putting was an adventure to say the least...
most of the strokes i picked up today were due to one bunker with wet sand... i hacked and hacked and couldnt get it out to save my life

I shot 49 in 9 holes today. Played pretty bad today. Got a tournament on Wednesday.

Played a nine hole small course today just to practice a bit, should of stayed in bed. :banghead:

Hey Rhino, was your 9 hole score higher than your Yahoo Srixon League score today? :D:D

A crappy 89 walking whilst doing the no-no of fixing your game while playing.

Fixing alot of things in my game by getting rid of the MASS quantities of swing thoughts I had and getting to basics and common sense (THANK YOU Mr. De La Torre!) and by then end of the round was actually finding consistancy and the fairway from the tee!

My wife thinks I'm NUTS because I was actually happy everything was going left in the beginning because I have been a life long slicer that has never seen that side of the course lol!

Great score, let along on a new course with rentals. Did it have to do with the unlimited food and alcohol? :D Great job!

Thanks! I was happy with it. I did manage to partake in the unlimited alcohol... 4 beers on the front, 3 on the back! :)

I only have to wait 1.5 months for my next round.

13 over for an 85... ballstriking is getting better... distance is still there thank god...
if it wasnt for 4 lost balls i think i shoulda been in the 70's
driver was great today except on 1 hole... still a slight hook/ big draw
approach shots werent finding greens...
scrambling was pretty decent... got up an down more than a few times...
putting was easy today with a few tap ins due to decent chipping

shot 79 today but on winter set up.

couldnt buy a putt, but my driver and irons were pretty hot.

Thanks! I was happy with it. I did manage to partake in the unlimited alcohol... 4 beers on the front, 3 on the back! :)

I only have to wait 1.5 months for my next round.

4 beers on the front, 3 on the back? that does not sound like unlimited alcohol :laugh:

Shot a 47 on the front, 48 on back. Horrible putting today... the greens were slick as ice, and I'm used to really slow greens. Had my first ever 4 putt today, and too many to admit 3-putts... :banghead: The Penta did save me some strokes though...

Re: What did you shoot today?

Played 16 holes today before being called away for SWMBO's wreck. I think I was sitting around 80.

First time on the course this year. 44 for 9 holes. For me, that's a great start. I'll take it!

Par 72 39/34
11/18 FW, 30 Putts, 10/18 Greens
1- Par 4- 4
2- P3 - 4
3-P5 - 5
4-P4 - 4
5-P3 - 3
6-P5 - 5
7-P4 - 4
8-P3 - 4
9- P5 - 6
10-P4 - 3