THP Northeast Golf Outing (aka Quint State)

We could pair up Jr. Lancer and Boo Girl.

Is having Boo Girl play really part of the plan? I ask because I have broached the idea of attending with my females. There may be interest, but I would not want you to feel you have to change how you would approach this by feeling obligated to also have a child attend because I might bring one. Does that make sense?

When would you be looking for a firm commitment? I know women are always looking for a commitment, but planning six months ahead is sometimes tough for the self-employed.

Kevin

When would you be looking for a firm commitment? I know women are always looking for a commitment, but planning six months ahead is sometimes tough for the self-employed.

Kevin

I book a lot of golf outings. I can give them a general sense of how many a few months in advance to get it on their calendar. Then I'll need firm commitments and money a week in advance to set actual tee times.

Is having Boo Girl play really part of the plan? I ask because I have broached the idea of attending with my females. There may be interest, but I would not want you to feel you have to change how you would approach this by feeling obligated to also have a child attend because I might bring one. Does that make sense?

Kevin

Realistically, I don't think it will happen. Boo still doesn't have the stamina for 18 holes and is young enough that she gets very clingy around folks she doesn't know. It would change the mood for everyone.

So basically, I got no hole.

Wait for it....wait for it....(softball Claire!)

Too obvious a softball, and too many choices of where to hit it.

Or does this go back to Harry's persistent observation that golf and sex are more enjoyable for your partner if you are reasonably talented?

Realistically, I don't think it will happen. Boo still doesn't have the stamina for 18 holes and is young enough that she gets very clingy around folks she doesn't know. It would change the mood for everyone.

That's what I thought. No way was mine ready for something like this at Boo's age, and probably not even now. This is an adult gathering.

Kevin

That's what I thought. No way was mine ready for something like this at Boo's age, and probably not even now. This is an adult gathering.

Kevin

One of my golf friends has a 13 year old daughter who plays. I could invite them to join us. They could make a foursome with your wife and daughter. They're both lovely people.

One of my golf friends has a 13 year old daughter who plays. I could invite them to join us. They could make a foursome with your wife and daughter. They're both lovely people.

Thank you for that offer, Diane. Let's see how this plays out for a bit. The problem with golf forums is you Internet meet a lot of people you'd like to play a round of golf with, but logistically it's very difficult to make it happen.

Kevin

The problem with golf forums is you Internet meet a lot of people you'd like to play a round of golf with, but logistically it's very difficult to make it happen.

Kevin

Yes, but we have a secret weapon.

Spoiler

Claire.

Weapon? More like loose cannon. :golf3:

I just got an email reminding me to set up a golf outing for May and it made me think of this outing. Is there enough interest for me to call a course and put a tentative hold on June 19 or should we just wait until it gets closer?

I just got an email reminding me to set up a golf outing for May and it made me think of this outing. Is there enough interest for me to call a course and put a tentative hold on June 19 or should we just wait until it gets closer?

Waving hand wildly, to vote in favor of holding the date.

Here are the people I can think of who live in the 5 states. I know there are more, but can't think of them offhand.
  1. Barruda
  2. DefCon
  3. v3.0
  4. Soxy
  5. Ty_Webb
  6. Sir Shanksalot
  7. JPSuff
  8. THanks
  9. Grogger
  10. JCuray
  11. Claire
  12. GeneErr
  13. Diane

Am I missing anyone?

Am I missing anyone?

A couple of newer folks are in the area as well, but I'm lousy with names, even when they come with faces. They'll have to identify themselves.

I am posting just to say that I am still interested.:golf: I am not sure about the answer to your question.

Sounds Great

Sounds Great

Hey - I'm new here, but on the meet and great page Claire mentioned this event and I'm definitely interested in learning more about it. My dad lives in CT and we've got friends in White Plains. So, maybe I can bundle this in to a weekend.

Looking forward more details when available.

I'm new here as well, but would be interested if there are still spots open (and water boarding isn't part of the vetting process! haha).

Have you guys decided on a course yet?

Looks like a nice course and only about 3 hours from me. Let me know the details when they all get sorted out, I'm in.

Once final details are decided I can make a decision but I'm thinking I'd like to try and make it

The problem with golf forums is you Internet meet a lot of people you'd like to play a round of golf with, but logistically it's very difficult to make it happen.

Kevin

Not that hard at all, jump in the car & drive. Grab a room at a Holiday Inn & it's all good. Hell i drove to New Hampshire for a BBQ.
1001 miles from my house, 15-16 hrs. Would be worth it just to see Diane in a skort:D

Last edited:
Not that hard at all, jump in the car & drive. Grab a room at a Holiday Inn & it's all good. Hell i drove to New Hampshire for a BBQ.
1001 miles from my house, 15-16 hrs. Would be worth it just to see Diane in a skort:D

And me. And Soxy. And Golf4her.

And me. And Soxy. And Golf4her.

Yea yea that too:D But the rest of you don't have an issue with the word "skort".

Could work it into a mini vacation, stop in a see New York city..never been there. Could also find my brother in Rhode Island, not sure where he lives but I suppose I could simply stop at all 6 houses there.

Back