Who makes the best caps and why?

Favorite is the Titleist structured mesh flex fit caps. Not because it's Titleist. It's the style. They are breathable and have a full back. It doesn't have that annoying adjustable strap with the gap in the back with your hair sticking out. Or velcro. Instead it has a stretch material which feels more like a custom fit. Very comfortable.

Sorry: What is the difference between structured and unstructured? I'll take a crack here but is unstructured a hat where when you take it off it just flops down and looks like a crumpled up ball instead of keeping its shape?

Sorry: What is the difference between structured and unstructured? I'll take a crack here but is unstructured a hat where when you take it off it just flops down and looks like a crumpled up ball instead of keeping its shape?

That's pretty much it.

-JP

If you look inside the hat, a structured hat has a rigid (usually) white material glued to the outer fabric. It's usually in the front 2 panels.

I'll see if I can find a photo.

Imperial makes some great structured and non-structured hats. I personally like the non-structured polyester closed back hat. Some what low profile and fits great. This company makes about anything you could want and has some good deals.

Home - IMPERIAL HEADWEAR

Hat2.jpg

Hat1.jpg

The mesh Titleist hats that came out last year are great. I like any flex fit hat with the pre curved bill, they seem to fit best for me.

Flex fit hats are my favorite, a flexfit with a material like adidas' climacool would be. AMAZING

One of my fave hats is my Ogio 'worn' hat....super comfy!

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. This is stuff that will be extremely helpful.

I agree about the unstructured fitted caps. The most comfortable hat I have is a FlexFit cap made by Volcom. I also have a couple Cobras, but that's more about style than comfort (although they're definitely not uncomfortable).

I'm not sure if you're even thinking about this, but were you just going to put the feather logo in the center of the hat? For some reason, I see it off-center in the bottom corner of the front panel (just the feather). Then the "Fourteen" can go on the back. Just a suggestion.

Interesting that you say that. I have a sample of a cap we created for fun that looks just like that. I will post up pics when I get home.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. This is stuff that will be extremely helpful.

Interesting that you say that. I have a sample of a cap we created for fun that looks just like that. I will post up pics when I get home.

ooo, i love pics. can't wait to see what you've got in store for us.

That's awesome, I can't wait to see the pics.
Your feather logo is so versatile, you can do so many unique things with it. I imagine one with just the name "Fourteen" front and center, and a nice feather stitched on the side of the brim (the curve would go perfect for something like that). I could also see one blank on the front, with just a big feather logo going across the bottom of one side of the cap. The possibilities are endless!

Re: Who makes the best caps and why?

I'd love a white unstructured....low profile.... with just the feather.

I'd sport that baby every day.

For women, most manufacturers are coming out with "women fits" now. I actually love these hats. They are the same as a guys unstractured, but just a little lower, smaller. I also am a fan on the Puma hats like Anna Nordqvist wears.

Also, how about some visors? I prefer to wear a visor, just easier for putting my hair up.

Back