Was Anyone Bought A TM Super-Tri?

GMDNP1

Reaction score
Handicap
SCRTCH/0
if so what are your thoughts? I'm thinking about picking one up and wanted to get some more opinions.

I have one. Spent some time hitting on the launch monitor here in Indy. Adjusting weights and switching around from the Neutral setting. With the standard Motore shaft the SuperTri for me was a higher launching, higher spinning driver than the R9 460. But it has all of that adjustability. I think it is a good driver.

With the standard Motore shaft the SuperTri for me was a higher launching, higher spinning driver than the R9 460.

That is exactly what it was designed to do.

I haven't bought one but did hit one on a launch monitor the other day. As someone already said, my spin numbers went through the roof. I'm was right around 3000 rpm with the superfast and around 5000 with the supertri. I hit it just fine but am looking to lower my already high spin.

dont you want less spin with a driver?

No, not everybody. it completely depends on the player. But most amateurs need to reduce spin.

No, not everybody. it completely depends on the player. But most amateurs need to reduce spin.

Ah, i see, I think i need a low spin driver as the only club i dont hit well is a driver...doesnt hinder my game too much as I can hit my 3 wood off the tee for about 280 yards and after that distance you can still make the green in regulation....but i do need a driver I can hit...just for added flexibility on the course for those par 5s

JB on the money.

I am a player who needs MORE spin with most drivers. I'm a fairly high swingspeed/ballspeed player, but have a rather low launch and low spin. I WANT more spin, to an extent.

My question is, Is the spin created by this new version shaft or is it the design of the head?What have you heard,JB? Will changing the shaft in this head reduce the spin enough to make it more useable for some?

I wonder why the rumored low spinning R9 Super Deep is supposed to be tour only, initially at least?

Sounds like TM should have released the low spinner for the average Joe. Tho I suppose the 460 covers that.

My question is, Is the spin created by this new version shaft or is it the design of the head?What have you heard,JB? Will changing the shaft in this head reduce the spin enough to make it more useable for some?

Great minds think alike. I asked R&D that question just today and they said "its actually both. A shaft change can always reduce spin, but the head is designed for more spin as well, yet it is not as dramatic a change than the shaft from former versions."

I wonder why the rumored low spinning R9 Super Deep is supposed to be tour only, initially at least?

Sounds like TM should have released the low spinner for the average Joe. Tho I suppose the 460 covers that.

I love that saying "Tour only at first". Because in reality, every club is tour only at first. That is where it gets tried and in reality decisions are made whether to go to retail with it. The Super Deep is out there and it is the "anti" Super Tri. It is low spinning for guys that want to bring their spin down. It reminds me of the J33R in the spin numbers.

I meant i can hit my 3 wood 250-260 in my previous post...i was typing really fast and had a headache....

I am going down to Dick's Sporting Goods today and I hope to hit the Machspeed and the super tri on a monitor to see whats better for me...im curious now

Great minds think alike. I asked R&D that question just today and they said "its actually both. A shaft change can always reduce spin, but the head is designed for more spin as well, yet it is not as dramatic a change than the shaft from former versions."

I bet this super tri spins no more or less then how the R5 dual and R7460 did?

I agree that spin is an evil and that it helps.So called optimal spin is great for that perfect shot.I like to have 250-400 rpm's more then optimal spin to help fight side spin.Just my thoughts

I bet this super tri spins no more or less then how the R5 dual and R7460 did?

I agree that spin is an evil and that it helps.So called optimal spin is great for that perfect shot.I like to have 250-400 rpm's more then optimal spin to help fight side spin.Just my thoughts

On our vectorX it was higher than the R7 460, but not by much. I dont have a R5 dual to test it against. We will get some numbers for everybody this week.

So I got to try the Super Tri today at the driving range. Suprisingly i really liked it. I thought that I wouldnt like it since it is a high spin driver.

I tried it alongside the the TM Superfast and the Nike Dymo SQ and I must say It was the best one there. However, I am assuming it may have to do with the shaft as I have a higher swing speed and therefore need a stiffer shaft and the super tri is the only one that had that.

My biggest problem with the Dymo was the sound.

what is this R9 Super Deep? that's the first I've heard of it. if the SuperTri is a high spin driver which driver is a low spin driver?

what is this R9 Super Deep? that's the first I've heard of it. if the SuperTri is a high spin driver which driver is a low spin driver?

There are lots of low spin drivers. The Bridgestone J33 is really low spin as is the new J38. Just about every company makes a low spin driver.

The Super Deep is a tour driver right now that is an extremely deep faced driver from Taylormade that could hit retail at some point. At the earliest it would be May. It would be in a limited amount though, because it is just not geared towards that many amateurs.

great thank u. u said just about every company produces a low spin driver does TM? if so which model?

what is the "goal" of the Super Deep?

what is the "goal" of the Super Deep?

from everything that I've read about the SuperDeep, it is supposed to be made for the player with a high club head speed looking for less spin and lower ball flight. The "superdeep" face moves the center of gravity forward in the head to bring the flight down and then the Aldila RIP shaft should help to lower the spin as well.

Ryan

Back