In the Rough W/ JB & GG - Volume 3

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new radio show is up this morning. In it we talk Golf Balls, Spring Fashion, and announce the winner of our Kia Ma Contest.

The Hackers Paradise Golf Balls

this was a good show guys. i love getting feedback from folks in the industry. bridgestone's are hard for me not to play.

I really enjoyed the two guests you had on the show. I love to learn and they definitely gave lots of great information. The sound quality and music was a step up today as well. Looking forward to next week!

• Admin
Thanks Hawk. We hope everybody gets ready for next week's show with one of the best golf teachers in the country.

We would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the show. We want to make this something everyone enjoys to hear so please let us know you think. Good or bad, thanks!

Fridays when I come in to work, since I'm here early, the first thing I do is listen to THP radio!! I absolutely enjoy listening to the 2 of you :)

I'll listen to today's again, I may have missed a few things.

Great show guys! Lots of growth between the debut and this episode....

I see a Howard and Robyn type of relationship developing here :D

the shows really are getting better guys, even after just 3 of them. the content is great and it's obvious that you put a lot of work and prep into the shows. i hope you know how appreciated it is.

JB and GG, last week I told you that I was excited to hear the golf ball talk, and you didn't dissapoint. I enjoyed it; thanks!

The sounds quality was crisp.

One minor suggestion: ask a question or two that isn't a softball question. I like the type of questions that are being asked, but one tougher one could be good. I understand you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you, so perhaps you could give them a tougher question in advance. For example, it think it would have been useful to hear from TM their response to competitor claims that the extra layer is useless and simply a marketing ploy, etc.

Keep up the great work!

JB and GG, last week I told you that I was excited to hear the golf ball talk, and you didn't dissapoint. I enjoyed it; thanks!

The sounds quality was crisp.

One minor suggestion: ask a question or two that isn't a softball question. I like the type of questions that are being asked, but one tougher one could be good. I understand you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you, so perhaps you could give them a tougher question in advance. For example, it think it would have been useful to hear from TM their response to competitor claims that the extra layer is useless and simply a marketing ploy, etc.

Keep up the great work!

While I agree that some of the questions are easy, I think for the most part they are supposed to be. We are not really interviewing him, but rather bringing him on to educate about fitting, golf balls, and the Penta. I think if we were interviewing someone it would have been different.

However I understand that it can be a fine line.

Some parts of the interviews were kinda hard to hear. I know these were probably phone interviews, but at times it sounded like they were turning away from the microphone.

Some parts of the interviews were kinda hard to hear. I know these were probably phone interviews, but at times it sounded like they were turning away from the microphone.

I agree smalls. We think we have the problem fixed for future episodes.

While I agree that some of the questions are easy, I think for the most part they are supposed to be. We are not really interviewing him, but rather bringing him on to educate about fitting, golf balls, and the Penta. I think if we were interviewing someone it would have been different.

However I understand that it can be a fine line.

Makes sense, and the information given by the golf ball gurus was instructive; it was a good listen.

It was a great listen guys. You can tell the improvement in the sound quality (that's what happens when you improve the arrow right?) and the pace of it. I think you guys pretty much have the timing down already. A couple of things... I noticed the music on the lead in was a couple of decibels louder than the intro for the show. You guys might want to lower it down and the fade out would be better to the sound level of your voices. Also, I think the end of the TM interview was cutoff a little quick.

Nice job JB and GG. Looking forward to next Friday's edition.

Thanks Spank. We will look at that for the next one.

I enjoyed the show, including the golf-ball segment. But I would have prefered it if the guests would have been billed as representatives from Bridgestone and Taylormade, rather than as industry experts.

I enjoyed the show, including the golf-ball segment. But I would have prefered it if the guests would have been billed as representatives from Bridgestone and Taylormade, rather than as industry experts.

I have to ask why? Did you feel mislead? I am actually quite curious. These two people are industry experts in my opinion. Neither is in sales, marketing, or advertising. They both work in R&D and actually are the people that develop the golf balls.

We made sure and explain that these guests were from these companies during the show, I am actually quite confused. I would think that it would be the exact opposite. I mean they work in the industry and are the actual experts. What would an industry expert be?

I have to ask why? Did you feel mislead? I am actually quite curious. These two people are industry experts in my opinion. Neither is in sales, marketing, or advertising. They both work in R&D and actually are the people that develop the golf balls.

We made sure and explain that these guests were from these companies during the show, I am actually quite confused. I would think that it would be the exact opposite. I mean they work in the industry and are the actual experts. What would an industry expert be?

i'm curious about this as well. i mean, JB would be considered an industry expert imo.

I see the guests as experts working in the industry. Given that they are employees of their respective companies, and have pride in their own work, I would not expect them to be objective. It was very interesting to hear about their respective approaches though, which is something you may not be able to get from what I would consider to be an industry expert (as defined below).

i'm curious about this as well. i mean, JB would be considered an industry expert imo.

Indeed I see an industry expert as someone who has a helicopter view and knowledge of the entire industry and its products. Someone who can view the entire spectrum of ball products more objectively.

We simply disagree with that aspect, but I respect your thoughts and as always will take them into consideration. I can answer questions on reviews of most balls out there, but to get inside the doors of a company's R&D is something that does not happen every day. I consider people that can provide that knowledge industry experts.

.... but to get inside the doors of a company's R&D is something that does not happen every day.
Indeed, and I enjoyed their contributions to the show.

Indeed, and I enjoyed their contributions to the show.

I think you will really like next week's show with Jeff Ritter. He is an amazing teacher.

Back