The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're over in our neck of the woods?!?! Were you on the 405? hee hee hee

Haven't been to SoCal in about 15 years. I'm not sure what highway it was, but we were coming back to San Diego after a road trip to SLO. So, whatever that highway was. Is that the 405?

Haven't been to SoCal in about 15 years. I'm not sure what highway it was, but we were coming back to San Diego after a road trip to SLO. So, whatever that highway was. Is that the 405?

Probably either the 101 or the 5.

Root beer floats are seriously underrated....

I have always wanted to like rootbeer floats and I keep trying them but I just don't like the soda and ice cream mixture.

We brought home an ice cream tonight called Jake's Junkyard and it's like 5 ice creams mixed together with a bunch of toppings, sort of like the kitchen sink.

The ice cream I had was chocolate with chocolate brownie bites and marshmallows, it was sinfully good. JB had an ice cream called Manatee poop...it's vanilla ice cream with malted milk balls and chocolate chips and then green food coloring to make it look like...you guess it...manatee poop.

We have "The Munch Box", not only is it a clever name but they have good root beer floats. No milkshakes though.

I could eat at that type of place and the one in MO most every day. Here's a good one in Beertown across the street from the airport. The Nite Owl. It's been there for like 60 years. Great milkshakes and unbeatable hand made burgers.

4931.jpg

Kevin

Shamrock Shake.

Keep in mind that the shamrock shake is a regular shake with 4 drops of food coloring and 2 drops of anise flavoring.

The McRib is good, love it.

Christy's is very good, but make it to Wheele In Drive-Inn Sedalia, MO. Home of the Goober Burgers (Peanute Butter Burgers). Yummi! New location.

9-4-07Wheel-InClosed4.jpg

Probably either the 101 or the 5.

101 is the coast, right?

I think it was the 5. We were going for speed over scenery. GF was really sick with some wicked bad flu and I just needed to get her home.

Keep in mind that the shamrock shake is a regular shake with 4 drops of food coloring and 2 drops of anise flavoring.

The McRib is good, love it.

Christy's is very good, but make it to Wheele In Drive-Inn Sedalia, MO. Home of the Goober Burgers (Peanute Butter Burgers). Yummi! New location.

9-4-07Wheel-InClosed4.jpg

A peanut butter burger? I don't know about that.

Don't you KC guys have Winstead's? I drove to KC once just to eat a Winstead's double cheeseburger and drink a milk shake. That and eat at Arthur Bryant's.

IMG_2879.jpg

Kevin

Don't you KC guys have Winstead's? I drove to KC once just to eat a Winstead's double cheeseburger and drink a milk shake. That and eat at Arthur Bryant's.

Yes, Winstead's is good too.

You probably took the 15 all the way to San Diego. There are so many sections of that highway that are miserable. If you took the 101 you were really lost.

You probably took the 15 all the way to San Diego. There are so many sections of that highway that are miserable. If you took the 101 you were really lost.

Spent a week in Anaheim back in 90, took the 101 along the coast up to San Francisco........holy crap was that ever a long drive. I actually got off the road somewhere around Monterey because I was sick of it.

Spent a week in Anaheim back in 90, took the 101 along the coast up to San Francisco........holy crap was that ever a long drive. I actually got off the road somewhere around Monterey because I was sick of it.

Thats a nightmare. I took the 101 to the Bay area once and now I just take the 5.

Years ago, we took the coast road to see the view. Naturally, it was all fogged in; we were lucky to see the center line.

Subject change: Boo Girl reminded me about the Social Security popular baby names website. It's kind of fun to see how your name's popularity has changed over time, or how different names are popular in different regions in the country.

Thats a nightmare. I took the 101 to the Bay area once and now I just take the 5.

Took the coast down to Monterey once from SanFran. Big Sur is amazing.

2 things I regret not doing while there, stopping to see San Simeon...may have that spelled incorrectly & bypassing the Monterey Aquarium.

The aquarium I will see though as my wife is pushing to go see San Francisco. I told her it's over rated....even though I actually think it's a great city. Riding the cablecars is a blast but Alacatraz is definitely over rated.

2 things I regret not doing while there, stopping to see San Simeon...may have that spelled incorrectly & bypassing the Monterey Aquarium.

The aquarium I will see though as my wife is pushing to go see San Francisco. I told her it's over rated....even though I actually think it's a great city. Riding the cablecars is a blast but Alacatraz is definitely over rated.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is awesome. Well worth the trip.

I have always wanted to like rootbeer floats and I keep trying them but I just don't like the soda and ice cream mixture.

I agree - they're fun to watch fizz when you put the ice cream in, but that's about it.

Grew up with Coke floats at the local drugstore soda fountain. I really liked those but never liked Root Beer with or without ice cream in it.

I don't drink any soda, but I make an exception when we go to A&W. I want to lay under the tapper & drink it all. I love their rootbeer, as wellas the A&W creme soda.

I don't drink any soda, but I make an exception when we go to A&W. I want to lay under the tapper & drink it all. I love their rootbeer, as wellas the A&W creme soda.

You still have an A&W? I think the only one in New England is in VT. They still bring your food out to your car there.

You still have an A&W? I think the only one in New England is in VT. They still bring your food out to your car there.

We have A&W's all over. Closest one to me is 12 miles away, also happens to be the closest fast food restaurant since I live in the sticks. It's strictly a drive in style & is only open in the warm weather. We do have 2 others near work that are open year rd, just hit one of them last thursday.

When I was in high school, my Mom had eye surgery and I had to drive her to and from a lot of appointments. They were near an A&W, and we got in the habit of stopping in for root beer floats.

High school was a pretty awful time, and that's one of the few happy memories I have. Haven't had a root beer float in Brazilian years, but I think of them fondly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back