The Winter Olympics

I wasn't aware that the official judges awarded points based on the outfit.

What harm comes from me sitting on my couch judging the outfits?

Ice Dancing has some crazy rules. They are like the wild & crazy olympic sport.

Ice Dancing has some crazy rules. They are like the wild & crazy olympic sport.

Good thing they don't just on makeup and hair. There'd be some big negative numbers otherwise.

curling would be so much more enjoyable if they wore costumes.

at least some stage make-up or summat.

Crazy, I had this same conversation last week. I said they should dress in a stereotypical theme of their respected countries.

Re: The Winter Olympics

TheGasman said:
Crazy, I had this same conversation last week. I said they should dress in a stereotypical theme of their respected countries.

yes. either that or make it a full contact sport.

Exactly - The Olympics needs ice dancing.

Figure skating is the biggest money maker in the Olympics. Its not going anywhere for a long time.

Ice dancing and figure skating are very different. Once you watch both, you can easily see the differences.
Most people could do the moves they are doing on their own 2 feet, now imagine trying to do it on ice skates. Its insane.
I used to think ice dancing was stupid too and didnt belong in the olympics, but this year I took the time to research it and now I see the appeal in it and I have a lot of respect for it.

Ice dancing and figure skating are very different. Once you watch both, you can easily see the differences.
Most people could do the moves they are doing on their own 2 feet, now imagine trying to do it on ice skates. Its insane.
I used to think ice dancing was stupid too and didnt belong in the olympics, but this year I took the time to research it and now I see the appeal in it and I have a lot of respect for it.

Appeal like this?? :clapp:

20icedance2.jpg

I still don't think "costumes" belong in sports. Especially Olympic sports.

What about the Iron Lotus Harry?
[YOUTUBE]p5O7JnmUbFw[/YOUTUBE]

But its so cutting edge and controversial.
Spoiler
51807630.jpg

I thought their outfits were pretty cool!! So what if she was wearing red :confused2:

Canada is showing a good example of sportsmanship as they are laying a shelacking down on the Germans. Maybe the women should take notes.

But its so cutting edge and controversial.
Spoiler
51807630.jpg

<sigh>

Tell me she didn't just say "Ready! Okay!" right before she made that face and started her "routine."

Appeal like this?? :clapp:

20icedance2.jpg
Sure, why not? :D There are definetly some very, very beautiful women in ice dancing.

I thought their outfits were pretty cool!! So what if she was wearing red :confused2:

The red wasn't the problem. It was the brown in his costume and the white markings on both. They changed them both after the protests.

Not a big fan of figure skating but...

YAY Yu-Na!

I really enjoyed the women's figure skating last night. The US girl lives right next to me :) I like her and the Canada girl.

Cheryl Bernhard....Captain of the Canadian Women's Curling team.....definitely a click and stick chick whenever she's on.....

Back