What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out yesterday with my 5iron, 53*, and putter and shot +8 on the front nine. I don't think that was too bad for my first time doing something like that...

94 played at hilltop lakes, first hole is a par 5 on the top part of green in three hit my putt like a driver. Chipped back on took a 7.Rest of round was fair.

Thursday 2/18 Gordon Lakes Island 3200 yds
56 F at 1600 tee time - 10 mph west breeze

1 par 4 3
2 par 4 3
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 6
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 4

Score 37 (+1)

Finally I get to play again, and what a start! A long drive at #1 leaves just 80 yds to the center pin, and I hit LW to 4 feet and birdie. Perfect 3W at #2 leaves 70 yds in - LW again was a bit thin, to 18 feet below the hole, but the putt goes down center cut. Another fine tee ball at #3 leaves 8I from 152, but I tug it - OK I pull it - and hit the pines and drop 30 yards short and make bogey. I rip a high long drive at the dogleg right 4th, and land at the 150 marker, but another only tugged 9I is 35 feet left - a lousy approach putt leaves 6 feet, but I cram that in for par. Then disaster - I draw my drive at #5 into the fairway bunker, and overswinging, hit the lip and leave it in there. Then I come out left of everything, and chunk my pitch 4th shot into the greenside bunker; a great blast out from there to 3 feet saves double bogey. Then I turned back into a golfer and hit the island green par 3 6th, but miss my 15 footer. I push my tee ball at #7 and have to play up the parallel #3; two irons later I am on, but make a poor three putt. From 190 at the par 3 8th into the breeze, I stoke a 5I within 20 feet and just miss the bird. The last hole is a layup par 5, and I sweetheart two 4 irons and a SW to 20 feet below the hole, and it is nothing but net as I finish the up-and-down round with a third birdie!

Last edited:
+6 on the front at home.

Today I shot 86 which was pretty good seeing that I had 2 doubles and a triple. Second round with new grips - hopefully a sign that things will be continuing in this vein!!!

Shot 97 at a local course. Overall hit the ball decent. Getting used to new swing plane and couldn't putt at all. Wasn't used to the fast greens. 48-49.

squeezed in 9...
shot 45...
new swing is perplexing me... last time out lots of hooks... today... pushes galore...
driver - push city
woods - really inconsistent but hit them far
irons - anything shorter than 6i went straight... had 1 shank
wedges - not my best day but not bad
putter - added to the frustration

Shot a personal record 41 today. Birdied both par 5's.... couldn't hold a green all day. But thanks to the local pro and the THP pro I didn't slice all day!
1. Par 5 Me 4 -1
2. Par 4 Me 5 +-0
3. Par 3 Me 4 +1
4: Par 4 Me 5 +2
5: Par 5 Me 4 +1
6: Par 4 Me 5 +2
7: Par 4 Me 6 +4
8: Par 3 Me 3 +4
9: Par 4 Me 5 +5

Par 36 +5 Score: 41

Congrats on the PB, CC!

Finally got a chance to get out. Shot a 91, not too bad considering today was the 1st time I played since September. My short game is a mess but I have my whole life to work on it. LOL

Shot a personal record 41 today. Birdied both par 5's.... couldn't hold a green all day. But thanks to the local pro and the THP pro I didn't slice all day!

Par 36 +5 Score: 41

Congrats man. Keep at it, I want to hear about you breaking 40 soon.:D

86 at El Rio, 41/45. Not bad on the front, but the wind doubled on the back and I didn't handle it very well. El Rio has greens slightly larger than a couple of dimes since it was built in the 20's, so iron accuracy is at a premium. Just not my day.

Finally got a chance to get out. Shot a 91, not too bad considering today was the 1st time I played since September. My short game is a mess but I have my whole life to work on it. LOL

Congrats on getting out! Decent score too. How's the youngster?

USMC vs SlamminSAM New Battle Feb 20 (Perfect 40 - 62 degree day) White tees 6500 yards Lake/Island View

Hole 1 par 4 USMC 4, SAM 4 AS
Hole 2 par 4 USMC 4, SAM 5 USMC 1 up
Hole 3 par 5 USMC 6, SAM 6 USMC 1 up
Hole 4 par 3 USMC 3, SAM 3 USMC 1 up
Hole 5 par 4 USMC 5, SAM 5 USMC 1 up
Hole 6 par 3 USMC 5, SAM 5 USMC 1 up
Hole 7 par 5 USMC 6, SAM 6 USMC 1 up
Hole 8 par 4 USMC 6, SAM 4 AS
Hole 9 par 4 USMC 3, SAM 5 USMC wins 1 up

Hole 1 par 4 USMC 6, SAM 5 SAM 1 up
Hole 2 par 4 USMC 5, SAM 4 SAM 2 up
Hole 3 par 4 USMC 4, SAM 4 SAM 2 up
Hole 4 par 4 USMC 5, SAM 5 SAM 2 up
Hole 5 par 4 USMC 4, SAM 4 SAM 2 up
Hole 6 par 3 USMC 3, SAM 5 SAM 1 up
Hole 7 par 5 USMC 5, SAM 5 SAM 1 up
Hole 8 par 3 USMC 3, SAM 5 AS
Hole 9 par 5 USMC 5, SAM 5 AS

Gross scores : USMC 42/40-82(+10) SAM 43/42-85(+13) USMC wins 2 USD

New Match (bet) record: USMC 2 SAM 0 Tied 1
USMC has $5.00 lead

I feel certain I get my worst round of the year out of the way. Conditions are perfect, but everybody in our 7 man gaggle has a brutal day. Hole after hole I have fine balls off the tee, and the irons are unco-operative, and the putter is speaking in tongues. I have no fewer than 10 bunker shots, as I hit just 6 greens even though the only trouble I ever find from the tee is a pair of fairway bunkers. Oddly, Friday evening I was cleaning some lawn furniture and pulled something in my left elbow - it never hurt to swing, but I could feel it every time I grip a club, especially the putter, and things never find a groove. At the last hole I have 12 feet for a birdie and tie of my match with the Marine, but I leave it a roll short ....

Played at The Golf Club of Johnson Ranch in Queen Creek, AZ this morning. Shot a 83 on the blue tees, 6656 yds (70.2/120). I was very glad with my results considering this was the first time I had hit a ball since November 1. Playing there again tommorrow.... i hoping to break 80!

Shot a 93 at Hyatt Tamaya in Bernalillo New Mexico. Beautiful course and still having winter rates so it was only $39.00 for 18 with a cart!

Improved my personal best for long drive today too, hit is 352.

shot a 76 today. first round under 80 since early january. 40 on the front (+4) and even par on the back (36). needed to drain a 15 footer for par on #18 and drained it

played sun/mon... finally shooting under 90 again with the new swing...
89 sun/86 mon
remnants of the old swing crept up on my yesterday round tho... gotta work that out or my whole game will just fall apart

I shot 82(42-40) last Wednesday in Mexico, with rented clubs, on a new (to me and in general) course, with unlimited food and alcohol! First round since October as well.

I had 2 birdies - and overall was pretty happy with it.

This was the course http://www.rivieramaya-golfclub.com/

Re: What did you shoot today?

longdrive616 said:
If I could shoot any score right now...I would be happy; Winter Sucks
We have 1 1/2 feet of snow so that just means courses will be flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back