The Winter Olympics

Great win for USA hockey today. Hopefully now the Canadian fans will shut up about how their hockey team is going to dominate and its going to be Crosby vs Ovie in the gold medal game.

Canada will most likely have to go through Russia on their way to the final game now. Definitely won't be easy with compounding pressure, and some trouble at goaltending.
Ryan Miller, on the other hand, may single-handedly get USA to the finals. He played out of his mind.

WOW!! That was SUCH A GREAT GAME!! It looked like a Stanley Cup final :)

Im watching the womens hockey USA/Sweden. Am I the only one who finds it very unsportsmanlike that they are still celebrating on their 9th goal?

Im watching the womens hockey USA/Sweden. Am I the only one who finds it very unsportsmanlike that they are still celebrating on their 9th goal?

Does goal differential come into play? I don't know, just asking. If not, yeah when you're up 9-1 with a minute left you could let up.

Does goal differential come into play? I don't know, just asking. If not, yeah when you're up 9-1 with a minute left you could let up.

I dont think so because it was the semi final round. I dont have a problem with the goals but the celebration seemed a bit over done. I dont think it would of happened with a mens game.

I dont think so because it was the semi final round. I dont have a problem with the goals but the celebration seemed a bit over done. I dont think it would of happened with a mens game.

I agree it wouldn't have happened in a mens game, you know how those women are though.
engarde.gif

Was it someone who doesn't normally score for them?
That's the only excuse I could see for still celebrating a lot.

I started noticing after the 5th goal. To be honest, I dont watch womens hockey too often so I wouldnt know if they were the normal scorers.

More than unsportsmanlike. Distasteful.

I understand if the U.S. team can't pull back because it sets a bad precedent and can subconsciously lead to problems with competitiveness. But they celebrate like each one is the winning goal. That's ridiculous. I can't imagine the men celebrating the 9th goal like that. If they did, they'd likely find a high stick in their future.

Perhaps checking should occasionally be allowed in women's Olympic hockey.

No. They've been doing it in every game. And it's absurd because the U.S. and Canada are the only strong teams in women's hockey. The consistently blow out their opponents unless they are playing each other.

What goes around comes around. And something is going to come around if they women don't tone it down.

I can't imagine the men celebrating the 9th goal like that. If they did, they'd likely find a high stick in their future.

Exactly, the men police themselves just like in baseball. I would say the coach is to blame on this one. He should be all over them for that one.

Would you ice dance with your brother or sister as the case may be? I can't imagine doing that.

Would you ice dance with your brother or sister as the case may be? I can't imagine doing that.

The more important question for the brother is: If you decided to skate with your sister, would you go even further and allow her to pick YOU up for one of the "lifts"?

The more important question for the brother is: If you decided to skate with your sister, would you go even further and allow her to pick YOU up for one of the "lifts"?

That never entered my mind when I watched the Scottish siblings just now and the sister was sliding down her brother's back.

I'm actually watching it right now, we recorded it...brother/sister...yikes!!

More than unsportsmanlike. Distasteful.

I understand if the U.S. team can't pull back because it sets a bad precedent and can subconsciously lead to problems with competitiveness. But they celebrate like each one is the winning goal. That's ridiculous. I can't imagine the men celebrating the 9th goal like that. If they did, they'd likely find a high stick in their future.

They all do it. I saw a game last week where Canada's mens team was up something like 13-0 and they were still celerbating every goal like they had just won the gold medal.

They all do it. I saw a game last week where Canada's mens team was up something like 13-0 and they were still celerbating every goal like they had just won the gold medal.

We must of been watching 2 different games because the US womens team was over the top. The Canadians were congratulating each other pretty nonchalantly.

I can't imagine ice dancing. period.

I dont know about that. One of the things you are judged on in Ice Dancing is eye contact. Sounds like a winner to me.

I can't imagine ice dancing. period.

I'm not sure it belongs in the Olympics, but you have to admit that it's worth watching just to see their outfits.

And that right there is why I have a problem with figure skating/ice dancing in the Olympics.

There should not be a competition in the Olympics that is judged on outfits. Why aren't the skaters required to wear a team uniform just like every other sport in the Olympics?

And that right there is why I have a problem with figure skating/ice dancing in the Olympics.

There should not be a competition in the Olympics that is judged on outfits. Why aren't the skaters required to wear a team uniform just like every other sport in the Olympics?

I wasn't aware that the official judges awarded points based on the outfit.

What harm comes from me sitting on my couch judging the outfits?

Back