The Winter Olympics

Super G mens guy got knocked out cold!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Watching the ski jumpers right now. How crazy is this? How do you get started trying to do these jumps? You have to be scared out of your mind at first! :freaked-out: No matter how many times you have done a jump into a foam pit!

Watching the ski jumpers right now. How crazy is this? How do you get started trying to do these jumps? You have to be scared out of your mind at first! :freaked-out: No matter how many times you have done a jump into a foam pit!

I've been to the starting area for a ski jump during the summer time just to see how high it is and just standing there looking down almost made me crap in my pants it is so high. I have big time respect for these guys because I can't see doing this and not crashing a ton of times down that steep hill.

I've been to the starting area for a ski jump during the summer time just to see how high it is and just standing there looking down almost made me crap in my pants it is so high. I have big time respect for these guys because I can't see doing this and not crashing a ton of times down that steep hill.

I have been at the base of the jump in Cortina Italy that was used I believe for the 1956 Olympics. No way no how would I ever consider jumping off that thing, scared the crap outta me just looking up at it.

And that doubles luge thing is just wrong.:bulgy-eyes:

hackl_gal_l_01.jpg

What country uses THOSE colors?

The start is the most disturbing.
[YOUTUBE]kfE5fhfi25E[/YOUTUBE]

I just noticed Apollo Ohno wears a Footjoy golf glove on his non-turning (right) hand.

In the 2 man bobsled, what's the purpose of the guy in the back??!?! What's with the size of the football player guys?!? :confused2:

In the 2 man bobsled, what's the purpose of the guy in the back??!?! What's with the size of the football player guys?!? :confused2:

Weight and big muscles for the push start.

Good hockey games on the tube today.

Interesting...they had a race to determine 6th place between 2 guys in short track speed skating, so it doesn't really matter because they're out of medal contention...interesting....

Interesting...they had a race to determine 6th place between 2 guys in short track speed skating, so it doesn't relaly matter because they're out of medal contention...interesting....

I've never gotten that either, GC. If you're going to have a B Final, shouldn't someone bump up to the A? If not, why bother?

Last edited:
Is Sweden really that much better than Finland in Hockey?

That ski cross was fabulous.

Awesome hockey game, US vs Canada!!

Awesome hockey game, US vs Canada!!

The announcer just said "This has been tremendously tremendous!"

Too many pucks to the head Mr. Announcer Man?

Yeah; that was a terrible phrase. But in his defense, the game has been wonderfully wonderful.

Sounds like one of those beer commercials. 'Here's to you Mr. tremendously tremendous Announcer Man quoter Guy"!

Back