Kimeran

Play for fun, not anger
Reaction score
Handicap
~15-17
Hey everyone. I popped the question but without a ring as I do not have the funds at the moment. My girlfriend/fiancee told me about this bluenile.com that sales fine jewlery factory direct that she saw on some news channel talking about it.

I found a ring on there that I would really like to get for her as soon as I can afford it and doing a little searching it seems like they have a good reputation.

However, I would really like to get someone's opinion who I can talk to about them before I look any further.

can anyone on here help me out a bit?

Hey everyone. I popped the question but without a ring as I do not have the funds at the moment. My girlfriend/fiancee told me about this bluenile.com that sales fine jewlery factory direct that she saw on some news channel talking about it.

I found a ring on there that I would really like to get for her as soon as I can afford it and doing a little searching it seems like they have a good reputation.

However, I would really like to get someone's opinion who I can talk to about them before I look any further.

can anyone on here help me out a bit?
I bought my wife a strand of pearls a couple of years ago from them. Kristi still wears them, so I guess that says something. Now buying an engagement ring is a little more high ticket than pearls that cost a little more than a car payment. I thought they were decent to deal with, and the pearls seemed to be a little nicer than something I would get at a mall jewelery store.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with other experiences from them.

Congrats by the way.

Congrats from here as well! I don't know about Blue Nile, but you might think about something other than the classic diamond. You can find some stunning rings if you think outside the box. A friend has an Ausstralian opal that is fabulous.

Bluenile is a very reputable and great online retailer.

Congrats from here as well! I don't know about Blue Nile, but you might think about something other than the classic diamond. You can find some stunning rings if you think outside the box. A friend has an Ausstralian opal that is fabulous.

Thank You,

I have always thought outside the box with jewlery and she still wears her azurite pendant around her next every day. Because I have always gotten her something "off the wall" as she puts it I would reallly like to get a traditional diamond for this...maybe in a different cut like an ascher or something. Dont get me wrong, she loves off the wall stuff but I figured "off the wall" is normal for me....so a diamond is different in a sense

She would really like a champagne diamond but those are by far the most rediculous prices I have seen for something so small!

Congratulations!! I'm still waiting for mine :D

She would really like a champagne diamond but those are by far the most rediculous prices I have seen for something so small!

Play the dumb guy card and give her a diamond in a class of champagne....just say you misunderstood her....:bananadance:

Play the dumb guy card and give her a diamond in a class of champagne....just say you misunderstood her....:bananadance:

HAHA! that is probably the best Idea I have ever heard...i think I may just do that....

I have heard very good things about bluenile.com. As for a ring, that's a tough one because the options truly are endless.

Well I didnt get a ring from bluenile.com but went to Jared. Spent more than I planned on...but i think its better quality than I thought it would be from blue nile.

Well I didnt get a ring from bluenile.com but went to Jared. Spent more than I planned on...but i think its better quality than I thought it would be from blue nile.

He went to Jared!

You beat me Spank, lol.

Congrats Kimeran. Hope she loves it.

You beat me Spank, lol.

Congrats Kimeran. Hope she loves it.

I had to lighten it up after that Tiger/Gatorade thread (intense!!!)

Anyways, congrats Kimeran... did you spring the rock on her yet?

Congrats Kimeran.

Congrats Kimeran.

Even though you've made your purchase, I'll add my recommendation for Blue Nile. I bought my wife's engagement ring from them. Was a great price, and got it appraised at a local jeweler after receiving it, and the appraisal was for twice what I paid. My wife has since bought numerous items from Blue Nile, and has even returned an item that wasn't quite as nice as the picture appeared without any problem.

Congratulations on your engagement Kimaran: I hope your fiance :love:s the ring you picked!

I had to lighten it up after that Tiger/Gatorade thread (intense!!!)

Anyways, congrats Kimeran... did you spring the rock on her yet?

No, we are going on a short 3 day cruise to the carribean on the 12th and i thought I would give it to her on the 14th cause I have always said the 14th was our aniversery and she gets mad cause its really the 16th....so i thought it was funny.

And Sean, no new driver, I'm looking but I dont think I will be getting it anytime soon...even though I really want it....

I keep giving her crap telling her she should get me an Omega as a engagement present....that doesnt seem to fly.

Congrats Kimeran.

Even though you've made your purchase, I'll add my recommendation for Blue Nile. I bought my wife's engagement ring from them. Was a great price, and got it appraised at a local jeweler after receiving it, and the appraisal was for twice what I paid. My wife has since bought numerous items from Blue Nile, and has even returned an item that wasn't quite as nice as the picture appeared without any problem.

The ONE thing that made me go with Jared is the fact that I can get the warranty for the ring and diamond while with Bluenile I would have to buy a new diamond whenever it fell out or something happened to the ring. Otherwise, I would have totally gone with the bluenile....but I really like what I wound up getting for her anyway.

No, we are going on a short 3 day cruise to the carribean on the 12th and i thought I would give it to her on the 14th cause I have always said the 14th was our aniversery and she gets mad cause its really the 16th....so i thought it was funny.

I keep giving her crap telling her she should get me an Omega as a engagement present....that doesnt seem to fly.

Well good luck on the arrangement, it'll be something you guys will never forget.

You know when I popped the question to my wife I told her the same thing (I wanted a Movado). I even told her the website to buy it from so it wouldn't cost that much. Low and behold we get married and that was her present to me so I wouldn't look like a schlub on our wedding day.

Congrats!!!

Well good luck on the arrangement, it'll be something you guys will never forget.

You know when I popped the question to my wife I told her the same thing (I wanted a Movado). I even told her the website to buy it from so it wouldn't cost that much. Low and behold we get married and that was her present to me so I wouldn't look like a schlub on our wedding day.

Congrats!!!

Sounds like a plan to me!

I bought my wife's engagement ring there. Very good quality stones. The settings are nothing special- but for diamonds at least it is the stone that matters. Very high quality.

I was not at all impressed with the other types of stones (rubies, emeralds etc etc) and I have seen much better elsewhere. They specialize in diamonds and that is what you should be looking at with them.

For a diamond ring there are very few other places that will give you such a high quality stone at that price.

Some tips- don't go just for the big stone. A smaller stone with a higher quality will standout and make the bigger ones look cheap next to it.

There is a big price jump between .9 and 1ct stones- just because people like to say they have a stone over 1ct. In fact a .9 with the higher quality will not only be cheaper it will look much better and even bigger than a 1ct. Same goes for a 1.8-1.9 vs a 2ct.

Don't spend extra on the setting. (unless you are getting something custom designed or inheriting your grandmothers) Settings cost virtually nothing. Spend all your money on the stone. A simple 3 or 4 prong setting will let in the most light and show off the stone the best. BlueDiamond has some nice simple choices.

Don't bother with Platinum. Yes it shines longer, but it is a very hard metal and it can scatch and chip. If you want white, go with white gold. Its a softer metal, won't chip and is easier to maintain.

Good luck and congrats!

PS: I got a Corum as my present. But the Omaga is a nice choice as well :) For watches try this site- I used them to get a Chronoswiss and a Lacroix - they are reliable.

Collectors Time

Corum_1652.jpg

Edit_ just saw you bought already! So double congrats!

Watch the movie 'Blood Diamond' with her. After it's over, have a discussion on the diamond industry. You might not have to buy a diamond at all.

After watching that movie with my wife, she mentioned not ever wanting another diamond. :joy:Her brother's wife also came to the same opinion after watching that movie. :clapp: Maybe it was the emotions of the moment. But, I'll hold her to it until she puts my feet in the fire.

Congrats! I hope she loves it. What style did you go with? I am such a girl when it comes to this stuff, I want all the detais (minus the cost that's none of my business).

Congrats! I hope she loves it. What style did you go with? I am such a girl when it comes to this stuff, I want all the detais (minus the cost that's none of my business).

I went with this setting:

Settings with sidestones for Diamond Engagement Rings

but with a radiant cut diamond that is only .7ct but of higher quality cut and color. I almost went with a leo diamond but the premium for it was not worth the extra glimmer.

That is good advice Solitude as I pretty much did as you recommended.

She has seen the movie blood diamond actually and we both really like it. However, she generally doesnt like diamonds. I usually get her rocks like azzurite or malachite. So I thought I could get her One diamond.

Back