OnPar GPS PGA Show Video

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Brian York, President of OnPar GPS talked to us a little bit about the brand and where they are headed, and why they can benefit so many golfers. Here is a short video we shot with them.

NICE! Mr. York is right, it's very easy to use.

I'm loving the video coverage, the wifey, however is not. haha. time to plug in the headphones i guess.

• Admin
The best part for me was learning from Brian that they have almost doubled their course count since our review. At this pace, they will be a force to be reckoned with in this market I suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part for me was learning from Brian that they have almost doubled their course count since our review. At this pace, they will be a force to be reckoned with in this market I suspect.

and honestly, their product is great. it's so easy to use and the club marking capability is simple, you just turn it on. i don't even use a scorecard anymore, this thing can keep every stat you'd want to keep.

i would like to know what to use as a screen protector. could i just use the same thing that i use for the ipod touch?

• Admin
I was wondering that too TC. I am guessing any would work and since the size is similar, it would probably work well.

i thought about emailing support to see what they recommend. their support is fantastic (quick response and thorough in the fix).

it's just a fun gps unit to use. i'm not good enough to need my yardages to be exact. i like that, when in green view, you can drag the icon to approximately where the pin is.

my golfing buddies love the thing.

• Admin
They pride themselves on the CS. One of the best we have ever dealt with.

They pride themselves on the CS. One of the best we have ever dealt with.

well to me, that's a very big part of why someone should consider buying one of these units.

and honestly, their product is great. it's so easy to use and the club marking capability is simple, you just turn it on. i don't even use a scorecard anymore, this thing can keep every stat you'd want to keep.

i would like to know what to use as a screen protector. could i just use the same thing that i use for the ipod touch?

I bought and iPod Touch 3 screen protector (made by GnarlyFish) and then just trimmed it to fit. It isn't quite wide enough to cover the whole screen, but it is thr right size if you use the rubber protector included with the GPS. There are companies that will custom size a protector screen for you, but you will still need to trim it to fit.

Have you checked the invisible shield website, ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

If they don't have it I think you can submit a request for it.

I bought and iPod Touch 3 screen protector (made by GnarlyFish) and then just trimmed it to fit. It isn't quite wide enough to cover the whole screen, but it is thr right size if you use the rubber protector included with the GPS. There are companies that will custom size a protector screen for you, but you will still need to trim it to fit.

thanks for the advice fellas, i'll look into that.

The folks at OnPar liked our video. Check it out.

OnPar – Touchscreen GPS Rangefinder

That's pretty cool that they put our video up on their web site. (Pretty funny when I start thinking of it as "Our's", lol). I'm bouncing between a GPS unit of a range finder for this season. The ability to collect all my data appeals to me, guess I'm a nerd, but the programs I tried on my phone just took too much time. I know this is a much better type of unit, but you still have to enter every putt, etc.

Are these as time intensive as that? No doubt I'd only keep stats when by myself, but still a pain when on a busy course.

I found the score keeping and stat keeping really quick and easy.

I'll have to start checking your reviews. Golf show this weekend should have plenty to play with.

Thanks.

Tell them you are a member of THP and want the royal treatment...hehe

Tell them you are a member of THP and want the royal treatment...hehe

I'll do that. In fact I'll take a note pad and write down who's there, you may know them.

I found the score keeping and stat keeping really quick and easy.

JB's right, quick and easy, in fact, so easy a caveman can do it.....like me!

checked out their website again for courses in the Phoenix area. They are still not listing a lot of courses there-too bad because I'd probably buy this one.

checked out their website again for courses in the Phoenix area. They are still not listing a lot of courses there-too bad because I'd probably buy this one.

truckie, you can request them and they'll have them available within 30 days. it was the same for me in my neck of the woods but this companies customer service is wonderful. it really is a fun unit and easy to use.

I just got this after buying a bushnell range finder last year. I finally took the plunge on the GPS because the onPar didnt have the membership or course fees and I really liked the feature of being able to keep track of my clubs and yardages. I can't wait to get it out on the course, just hope that the update the software compatability to include Mac sooner rather than later...

I just got this after buying a bushnell range finder last year. I finally took the plunge on the GPS because the onPar didnt have the membership or course fees and I really liked the feature of being able to keep track of my clubs and yardages. I can't wait to get it out on the course, just hope that the update the software compatability to include Mac sooner rather than later...

Awesome! Keep us in the loop on how you like it. Here is the review we did on it a few months back.

The Hackers Paradise OnPar GPS Review

Well I have finally been able to give this OnPar GPS a good test.

It was a little difficult to figure everything out in the beginning and I still do not think I am using it to it's full potential but this thing is sweet!

Up here in Wisconsin we don't get to start playing golf until June but this year summer came about a month early and I have been out playing with the OnPar in my league and other courses around the state. The GPS yardage is right on, I even used my laser as a back up to test it but I haven't needed to take that out of the bag at all since then.

Loading the courses was probably the hardest part of using the OnPar. Since it is still not Mac compatible I had to dig up an old laptop and load it on there. It took 3 or 4 tries but I got the maps I needed before the season started. I have not loaded anything new because it is a real pain to try to work that old PC. Please OnPar update the Mac software ASAP!!!

On the course this screen is so easy to see and the touch features are extremely responsive. Direct sunlight doesn't effect seeing this device at all. It is very easy to switch between holes and keep score on to track my stats for after the round. One of the coolest features on here is the club suggestion. Once you have been playing a few rounds and keeping track of your distances the OnPar will put a club selection on the screen when you get up to your ball, sooooo cool.

The device is durable and handy, everyone in my league wants to play against me each week so that they have the ability to get yardages from me (not because they all beat me.....).

This is a great investment in your golf game and I am suggesting it to everyone I play with!

Well I have finally been able to give this OnPar GPS a good test.

It was a little difficult to figure everything out in the beginning and I still do not think I am using it to it's full potential but this thing is sweet!

Up here in Wisconsin we don't get to start playing golf until June but this year summer came about a month early and I have been out playing with the OnPar in my league and other courses around the state. The GPS yardage is right on, I even used my laser as a back up to test it but I haven't needed to take that out of the bag at all since then.

Loading the courses was probably the hardest part of using the OnPar. Since it is still not Mac compatible I had to dig up an old laptop and load it on there. It took 3 or 4 tries but I got the maps I needed before the season started. I have not loaded anything new because it is a real pain to try to work that old PC. Please OnPar update the Mac software ASAP!!!

On the course this screen is so easy to see and the touch features are extremely responsive. Direct sunlight doesn't effect seeing this device at all. It is very easy to switch between holes and keep score on to track my stats for after the round. One of the coolest features on here is the club suggestion. Once you have been playing a few rounds and keeping track of your distances the OnPar will put a club selection on the screen when you get up to your ball, sooooo cool.

The device is durable and handy, everyone in my league wants to play against me each week so that they have the ability to get yardages from me (not because they all beat me.....).

This is a great investment in your golf game and I am suggesting it to everyone I play with!

Great write up BNG! I use an OnPar also and I love it. I too am not using it to it's fully potential because I haven't read all the directions yet but it has so many awesome features. It's a great tool to have on the course. And as a higher handicap player I just love using a GPS.

Ya I am not much of a read the directions kind of guy :)

Soon enough I'll figure it out!

Back