Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring training and those games don't really count right? They're kind of like scrimmages? :confused2:

They dont count but its still baseball none the less. Its a good way to get my fix.

They dont count but its still baseball none the less. Its a good way to get my fix.

And you can purchase tickets for these games? So will they be at their spring training camp for the games or will they be back at their own home fields?

And you can purchase tickets for these games? So will they be at their spring training camp for the games or will they be back at their own home fields?

There are two leagues, the Grapefruit and the Cactus league. One is in Arizona and one is in Florida. Each team has their own facility and they travel to others and play against them. Usually the East coast teams play in the grapefruit league and west coast in the Cactus.
You can buy tickets to any of the games and they usually even have golf packages.

There are two leagues, the Grapefruit and the Cactus league. One is in Arizona and one is in Florida. Each team has their own facility and they travel to others and play against them. Usually the East coast teams play in the grapefruit league and west coast in the Cactus.
You can buy tickets to any of the games and they usually even have golf packages.

Hmmm golf packages *perk* :blob:

Looks like the Giants and Lincecum are going to avoid arbitration. 2 years 23 million.

unless he gets tired of playing OUTSIDE in Minnesota and asks to be traded to the warmer climate of the NE :banghead: Well thought out plan Minnesota

Don't get me started about the grand idea to build an outdoor stadium for the Twins. :angry:

If the Twins get a home game in during the first two weeks this season, I'll be surprised. The way this winter is going, there will be two feet of snow on the field yet. Not to mention the temperature.

There isn't a day I look forward to more than Opening Day for baseball. And that is weird being from Canada. I get made fun of a lot. haha

Go Jays

There isn't a day I look forward to more than Opening Day for baseball. And that is weird being from Canada. I get made fun of a lot. haha

Go Jays

Do you get made fun of because there is no day you look forward to more than opening day or the fact you are from Canada? :D (just kidding )

Do you get made fun of because there is no day you look forward to more than opening day or the fact you are from Canada? :D (just kidding )

haha for liking to watch baseball more than hockey

haha for liking to watch baseball more than hockey

Man, that brings a tear to my eye. Are you a fan of a team or do you just enjoy all of baseball?

Man, that brings a tear to my eye. Are you a fan of a team or do you just enjoy all of baseball?

Mostly follow the Blue Jays. About 140 of their games are aired in Canada, so I can watch most of them, but do watch other games without them in it. I follow the Twins quite a bit too. Used to follow the Cubs a bit to follow Reed Johnson, so it looks like I will be following the Dodgers some this year. This year I will be following the Phillies a bit more too. Of course if there is a good game going on, I usually switch over to it.

Mostly follow the Blue Jays. About 140 of their games are aired in Canada, so I can watch most of them, but do watch other games without them in it. I follow the Twins quite a bit too. Used to follow the Cubs a bit to follow Reed Johnson, so it looks like I will be following the Dodgers some this year. This year I will be following the Phillies a bit more too. Of course if there is a good game going on, I usually switch over to it.

Its good to see Johnson come home. I think he grew up in Pasadena which is 10 minutes from the Stadium. He should get some playing time taking over for Manny in the later innings.
The Jays rotation looks like it might be pretty good. They say McGowan is throwing off the mound now.

Thats what I was thinking, he should be getting plenty of late inning defensive time taking Manny out of Left.

The Jays will have a pretty interesting pitching battle in Spring Training. McGowan can throw anything like he could before the injuries that would be a huge plus, but they are saying that he may start the season in the bullpen if he isn't ready to start. It looks like there will be about 17 guys battleing for 4 spots. The only lock is Ricky Romero. Shaun Marcum will have to pitch himself out of the rotation not to make it as #1 or 2. I am excited to see what happens and see what all the young guys have.

Thats what I was thinking, he should be getting plenty of late inning defensive time taking Manny out of Left.

The Jays will have a pretty interesting pitching battle in Spring Training. McGowan can throw anything like he could before the injuries that would be a huge plus, but they are saying that he may start the season in the bullpen if he isn't ready to start. It looks like there will be about 17 guys battleing for 4 spots. The only lock is Ricky Romero. Shaun Marcum will have to pitch himself out of the rotation not to make it as #1 or 2. I am excited to see what happens and see what all the young guys have.

Im excited to see what Brandon Morrow does. I think they are giving him a crack at the rotation?

They have him penciled in at #3. I don't know a whole lot about him. Seems to be a lot like the guy we traded for him (League) but a starter. Plus stuff with some consistency problems. He is another one of the guys I can't wait to see.

Is it baseball time yet!?!?!?

Pitchers and Catchers starting tomorrow.

Man, im so pumped. I dont get why they dont just play baseball all year long. Im tired of watching winter ball in spanish.

What does that mean? :confused2:

Pitchers and catchers report usually a week earlier then the rest of the position players. I think everyone has to report by the first and I know the Dodgers first game is on the 5th.

Man, im so pumped. I dont get why they dont just play baseball all year long. Im tired of watching winter ball in spanish.

Hell yeah, I think I might pickup some spring training games here in Viera where the Nats stay. Then there's the annual pilgrimage to Tampa to see my boys play. Can't wait.

What does that mean? :confused2:

Spring training starts tomorrow for pitchers and catchers.

Hell yeah, I think I might pickup some spring training games here in Viera where the Nats stay. Then there's the annual pilgrimage to Tampa to see my boys play. Can't wait.

I think I might make the 6 hour drive east to see the Dodgers play this year. I might have to get a few rounds of golf in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back