3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 3

Score 35 (-1)

Looked like the best afternoon of the week to get out, so a quick nine was the call. A perfect tee ball and an AW from 120 left 30 feet for an opening two putt par, and another perfect drive and nice 9I from 145 left 15 feet for another two putt par at the tough #2. At #3 driver-driver put me in the greenside bunker, and a nice out and a six foot sink put me 1 under. From 156 at #4, my 8I was dead on line 12 feet short, but I misread the birdie putt. #5 was another perfect drive and nice PW on, but the pin was deeper than I realized and I was 20 feet short - two putt par. I made my first error on the tee at #6, just missing the green short and right, but easily two putted from there for par. At #7 it was driver-driver again to just short, but my pitch caught the fringe and died there, and after putting five feet past, I missed the comebacker when it unexpectedly broke toward the back of the green. After a longish wait at the #8 tee, I totally blocked my tee shot and put it in the water right. A penalty drop was followed by an 85 yd LW to 10 feet, and after lots of study I guessed correctly and holed the putt for a fist-pump par. Inspired, I popped another perfect drive at #9, and from 110 smoothed an AW that brushed the flag as it landed, and spun back to less than 3 feet for a round capping birdie and my first 9 under par in 2010!

It was cold, 35 degrees at tee time. It was wet, fairways and greens were like wet sponges. I played terrible but I wasn't alone. I putted pretty well which was good because that is the only thing I have been able to do for the last 3 weeks. Shot 95 and was just happy to get out of there without hurting myself. It was one of those days that you want to forget about and start fresh the next time out. Once your hands go a little numb from the cold you are toast. Nobody shot better than 85, even the zeros were double digits over their normal scores. Par was bogey for just about everyone.

I played 11 holes today. We cut it short due decaying weather. Shot a 48 for those 11. (41 for the front 9) This, with a 7 on the first hole. Course was still pretty wet from the weekend rains. The greens were nice however. More rain in the forecast tomorrow, so it looks like Wednesday for the next round....:D

Nice rounds, Sam, PJC and ProV.

I got to play Grand Cypress North and South on Monday. I thought the greens at my course were tricky. They were like putting on a sidewalk, they were so fast. Also, the greens were not very large and most of them seemed like had at least one dead elephant buried under them.

The course was in tremendous shape and I had 1 birdie so I was happy. I don't want to talk about the rest of the round.

I would highly recommend playing this course.

Re: What did you shoot today?

first round out of the gate.....84.

an 8 and a double contributed.

70 degrees and palm
trees and green grass make it all better.

Shot a 97. Was on pace for a low 90s, but a ball in the water on the #17 par 3 and wild drive on #18 seemed to correct my score into the proper handicap. Best shot was #12 par 3, 175yds, 3 hybrid... true and straight, landed 15 yds short of the holed, checked up, and rolled to a stop 2 ft away... easy putt for birdie. Worst shot... already mentioned the 6iron falling short on the #17 par 3... ker-plunk!:banghead:

Played better ball with myself at Ocean View in Norfolk on Monday morning. Shot a 67 on a par 70! Would've shot somewhere in the mid to high 70's without better ball. And almost had my first legitimate eagle (I used my first shot for drive and fairway 3 hybrid) on a par 5 as I reached the green in 2 and missed a 20 foot huge left to right breaking putt by about 3 inches on the high side.

88 today on winter set up...really not good at all. couldnt buy a putt, and still not got the feel of the new wedges..
ah well, theres always next week.:)

Played better ball with myself at Ocean View in Norfolk on Monday morning. Shot a 67 on a par 70! Would've shot somewhere in the mid to high 70's without better ball. And almost had my first legitimate eagle (I used my first shot for drive and fairway 3 hybrid) on a par 5 as I reached the green in 2 and missed a 20 foot huge left to right breaking putt by about 3 inches on the high side.

If you are ever in VB and want to play, shoot me a message.

Got out to play 9 today. Played two seperate balls (TaylorMade Penta, Bridgestone B330RXS for THP). The Signature at West Neck Golf Club.

Shot (-1) with the Bridgestone, and (E) with the Penta. Like the feel of the Penta more, just hit better shots with the Bridgestone lol.

Got out to play 9 today. Played two seperate balls (TaylorMade Penta, Bridgestone B330RXS for THP). The Signature at West Neck Golf Club.

Shot (-1) with the Bridgestone, and (E) with the Penta. Like the feel of the Penta more, just hit better shots with the Bridgestone lol.

nice 9 honda. would you mind elaborating a little bit more on each ball? likes/dislikes, trajectories, etc.

nice 9 honda. would you mind elaborating a little bit more on each ball? likes/dislikes, trajectories, etc.

I'm going to start my review thread for the Bridgestone here in about an hour. Get some pics of the ball test panel (TM Penta, TM TP Red, TM TP Black, Pro V1, Pro V1X, B330-RXS), the club(s) used, along with a little bio and such.

Stay tuned. I'm looking to get a video of my swing up tomorrow, so viewers can get the idea of the tempo/swing being used.

I'm going to start my review thread for the Bridgestone here in about an hour. Get some pics of the ball test panel (TM Penta, TM TP Red, TM TP Black, Pro V1, Pro V1X, B330-RXS), the club(s) used, along with a little bio and such.

Stay tuned. I'm looking to get a video of my swing up tomorrow, so viewers can get the idea of the tempo/swing being used.

NICE! can't wait to read it. thanks.

78, 39/39 at Dell Urich. I played the Taylormade Penta ball that someone gave me. I really like this ball. Soft around the greens with good distance off the driver. It responded well to my new swing. I still got a few shots loose with the new set-up, but I can feel it coming. I am about 1 club shorter, but the ability to drop it on the pin makes up for that.

i had a bad@ss bunker lesson today. also....the tee's were forward on the range and i sent one thru the end of the range into someone's backyard. i scoped the palm tree that it rolled past.....250. i was BUSTING the driver....felt sooo good. i haven't seen that in a couple of years. core strength training may be paying off.

tee time tomorrow. so effing happy.

I was checking out West Neck's website, that looks like a really nice course. I wish I could get down there sometime soon but I'm actually getting married this weekend and then moving out of the area. Thanks for the invite though.

+20 for a 92!
had a royal flush today!
par... bogey... double... triple... birdie... eagle... then the wheels fell off...
my excuse is... i havent grooved my latest lesson and its been 3 weeks since i hit an actual golfball...
the good news is i now have seriously satisfying distance but i havent dialed in the shaping shots yet... new swing is gonna take some getting used to

the good news is i now have seriously satisfying distance but i havent dialed in the shaping shots yet... new swing is gonna take some getting used to

Can i borrow some of that distance?

78 at The Hamptons (woods/links) yesterday... 11 pars, 6 bogies, 1 horrendously awful double on an easy 300 yard par 4.

Played Silverbell GC this afternoon with a supplier. 41/38 for a 79. Not bad for me. If I can eliminate doubles, I can take a few more strokes off that. Time to start working my way into top shape for the City Championships.

Played yesterday afternoon with BigLefty. We both started off playing decently, but got stuck behind two groups of women who must have been playing for $1000 per hole. That's the only reason I could see to check a putt for triple bogie from all 4 sides.

Both our concentrations lapsed and we just wanted to finish and go home. I stopped keeping score, as I am sure he did. I think is should be legal to carry hand grenades on the golf course.

sure... but it comes with an extra helping of big sweeping hooks and a sprinkle of pulls

I might take that over a slight fade turning into a boomerang slice :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back