Yeah so I've ho'd again...just nabbed a SeeMore...

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Title says it all.

I just nabbed a pretty much brand spanking new SeeMore FGP2 for less than half of retail. I love my SSB Yaupon but I simply could not say no to a deal like this.

It does however come with an offset whistle shaft rather than the straight shaft. Does anyone have any opinions on the difference of the two shafts? Has anyone tried both? How do they compare with the Rifle Scope technology?

I've already talked to Jim at SeeMore about reshafting price if I do decide to go that route so I'm not worried about that, I want you guys input first though!

Thanks!

J

I have played both and do prefer the traditional. But definitely try it out. The FGP2 is one of the best bargains out there in putters. The stainless steel version has an amazing feel and some say even better than the mFGP2 and a great sound.

Title says it all.

I just nabbed a pretty much brand spanking new SeeMore FGP2 for less than half of retail. I love my SSB Yaupon but I simply could not say no to a deal like this.

It does however come with an offset whistle shaft rather than the straight shaft. Does anyone have any opinions on the difference of the two shafts? Has anyone tried both? How do they compare with the Rifle Scope technology?

I've already talked to Jim at SeeMore about reshafting price if I do decide to go that route so I'm not worried about that, I want you guys input first though!

Thanks!

J

Don't you just hate it when these damned clubs start gettin' into all that hypnotic junk and make you spend all your money on them?

(Just kidding)

As Sheryl Crow wrote: "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad".

Enjoy your new putter!

-JP

I have used both and at the time I just could not get used to the whistle shaft. May give it ago later but you will love the Seemore. The guys at Seemore are the most customer friendly people I have ever worked with.

• Staff
I'm definitely excited about this one.

I'll roll it around the house with the whistle shaft but I seriously think I'llbe shipping it to SeeMore to get it changed, if not because of the offset then because it currently plays at 35.5" and that is WAY too long for my liking.

I've been eyeballing SeeMore's for a long time what with the tech behind them and the fact that I know there may not be anyone with better customer service around.

• Staff
Nope, I hadn't seen that JB, twas before my short time here haha.

Thanks a ton for the link! Makes me feel more excited about it now! My only fret is the offset shaft, but, like I said, I know I can send that in and get it fixed.

That sounds like a great deal, congrats :)

• Staff
Sooooooo...

It actually was sitting and waiting on the front porch for me when I stopped by the house to snag my clubs after work (62* here!!!) so naturally I took it with me. I've only got 13 clubs right now so I threw it in to go head to head with my SSB.

Wow.

The RST really does work...but I'm just not sold on the whistle shaft, just seems awkward with the purpose of the RST what with the bend throwing my mind off. The FGP2 itself rolls greeeeeeeeeat though.

Only other thing is it was order by a jolly green giant apparently at 35.5"...that's just SO foreign to me as even though I'm 6'3 I play 32.5" to 33" putters. So, by the 4th whole I was gripping down where I would be and having nice success.

Naturally I emailed Jim at SeeMore just now and will be sending it in to them for a new straight shaft to my length, grip, and a cover (of which I'm sure I'll start ho'ing soon...always though that was crazy but the SeeMore HC's are just so sweet...I'm already eyeing a 2008 limited edition one I've tracked down lol...but that will have to wait if I'm going to send the putter in).

Sorry to ramble, but this could be the beginning of something NICE for my scorecards!

J

My SSB is sitting collecting dust since I switched to the mFGP. For my game it has better look, feel, sound, and performance all for the exact same price.

My SSB is sitting collecting dust since I switched to the mFGP. For my game it has better look, feel, sound, and performance all for the exact same price.

Yep, I've got a feeling that mine is headed that way too.

All in all though, I think I'm going to become a SeeMore addict.

Next step is Rehab....it's working for Tiger

I'll be sure to use the apology formula from the other thread and be ready to issue my statement as well! lol

I'll be sure to use the apology formula from the other thread and be ready to issue my statement as well! lol

Let me help you.... "I'm a ho....a Club ho....that is all.."

Thought it best to dig this up rather than form a new thread...

I recently sold my SSB and my Bobby Grace (and a TON of other stuff....a closet clean out if you will) after the FGP2 proved to be worht its weight in gold. The purpose of this was to A) Get a new Driver after being scammed on a Cobra S2 purchase (no club sent) and B) Maybe switch to a milled SeeMore.

I've got a Diablo Edge 10* coming in today and have been scouring BST's and eBay religously waiting for the right deal. I almost nabbed an SB-1w but I just found my new gamer and before I knew it I had agreed to purchase and sent funds!

I just nabbed a 33.5" (my preffered!) mFGP Black Label for a song! I just love the "traditional" seemore style (FGP/FGP2) way too much and couldn't pull the trigger on any of the other m-series styles (until Christmas/B-Day/etc. lol).

I know many won't care, but I have to share with this place! I just like it way too much here lol.

Pic's will be posted when it arrives, for sure.

Looking forward to it.

What is the comparison between a SeeMore putter and a Scotty Cameron Studio Select?

As I have said before, I live in a pretty rural area and I haven't ever seen anyone actually play with a SeeMore. In fact, I had never really heard much about them till I joined here. I currently game a Scotty Cameron and I like it a lot (custom UT vols orange and white paintfill could help with that...) but I was just curious to how the two compared, and why more tour players weren't currently gaming them.

Back