well a week from tom i have it scheduled. anybody done it? reading the brochure making me a little nervous lol

Not yet. I figure I need as much as possible covering my face. Actually have considered it, but at my age why mess with it?

Re: lasik

hesse said:
well a week from tom i have it scheduled. anybody done it? reading the brochure making me a little nervous lol
I did it about 4 years ago actually. Probably one of the greatest investments I ever made. My Dr was the one who actually did Tiger Woods eyes but I don't have billions or the hot blonde wife or 12 mistresses so I'm thinking I want my money back haha.

Honest the procedure is a piece of cake. It's over so fast the only pain you feel is after you realize how much money you spent for a 5 minute procedure.

im doing it also at a TLC eye center except in fargo ND which the company did tiger woods surgery yeah 3800 is a bit of a bite but no contacts or glasses for the next 20 years will be nice

Re: lasik

Yup mine was TLC in Newport beach. The dr who did mine owns all of tlc. Talk about a wealthy guy haha. I paid around 5k for mine was still worth it though. Absolutely no regrets and I went from not being able to read a stop sign from 10ft to now being better than 20/20 with absolutely no side effects dryness etc

I did it about 10 years ago. Best thing ever. Take a blank vcr tape or a blank DVD and have them record it for you.

Just had mine done a touch over 3 months ago. So far it's ok. 20/15 with both eyes open. 20/15 using dominate eye only and 20/30 with other eye only.Claimed they did it this way to help with up close reading.Unsure if I believe that.

Just had mine done a touch over 3 months ago. So far it's ok. 20/15 with both eyes open. 20/15 using dominate eye only and 20/30 with other eye only.Claimed they did it this way to help with up close reading.Unsure if I believe that.
I believe it BigLefty. Mine was 20/25 and 20/30. At the time I did a lot of close-up work (printing) and that was to help with that. You say you are 20/15 with both eyes open. Great. Are you able to see close up fine too? Should be able to.

I'd like to get mine done one day but I don't think I can. There's a range that you need to be within and I'm way over that range :(

I heard that in the future after getting lasik you will eventually end up wearing glasses so doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I went and checked out my TLC..
They wanted $4800 for the set..
I could not pull the trigger immediately..
Still thinking on it..
Thing is, I am 45 years old so I am not so sure how long it will last for me....
Looking back into contacts as an alternative

I'd like to get mine done one day but I don't think I can. There's a range that you need to be within and I'm way over that range :(

I heard that in the future after getting lasik you will eventually end up wearing glasses so doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

How bad are you? I wanted Lasik done back in 2005 but my cornea was too thin. I believe my prescription at the time was in the area of -10.5. I was off the chart as far as the 20/xxxx scale was concerned.

So they ended up doing PRK, which is the older procedure where they laser the surface of your eye. It hurts more but I don't need glasses now. They got me into the 20/20 range.

My side effects are dry eyes and halos at night. Neither of which is a big deal. I'm just glad to be rid of the coke bottles.

I figure if I need glasses again, I reset my prescription. So if i need 'em, it won't be anything like what they were.

Also there was a newer procedure when I went in where they implant contacts inside your eye. It was alot more expensive because it required a full operating room and staff, I think 7000 instead of the 3500 for Lasik. One advantage of it is you can have it redone. But that was over 4 years ago and I have no idea who the outcomes were like.

I took my tax return money about 5 years ago I think and did mine. THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT! EVER. Its a simple procedure thats over in 5 minutes. Its not painful at all. It is a little strange having stuff done to your eye ball but its so worth it. I played sports growing up and never wore glasses or contacts until HS. All the sudden I had these stupid glasses always in the way. hated it! I tried contacts but my eyes were too dry and they always moved or fell out. When lasik came down in price so us normal people could afford it I did it. Ive never looked back!

I had mine done 5 years ago while I was in the military. I was 20/15 for about 2 years after and I am now 20/30. Since I had it done when I was 25 they said that it is possible to fall back a little so I now wear glasses at night for driving because of the halos but besides that its great going from 20/400 to 20/30.

I had it done in 2004. Best $4k I've ever spent. 20/15 vision, can open my eyes underwater, no taking contacts in/out, etc.

I just did a cost analysis for my surgery as a part of some legal proceedings I'm involved in....when you figure the cost of contact solution, saline, eye dr's appts, glasses, etc I would've spent the same amount as my surgery cost over the 5 yrs since I had the surgery done. So if you're on the fence, the break even point is 5 yrs for the up front investment

Back