Well I finally got new clubs...

CB_fierce

Sensationalist...
Reaction score
Handicap
After several months of deliberation and researching golf clubs, I made my decision on my new clubs...and they arrived today...:alien2:

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

Congrats CB! Hope to see you around more often!

They look great. What others were you looking at and what made you pull the trigger on these?

Re: Well I finally got new clubs...

Congrats!! I have the same set and absolutely love them.

I hope to be around more often when the weather changes and I can get back in to some golfing :). I read forums daily, just dont post as much right now. I was looking at the R9 TP, the cobra S2 forged, and the Mizuno MP300. I believe the main reason I decided on these, is that for the past 6 mos or so, knowing how good the Burner irons were, I would always talk to my dad and we agreed (usually jokingly) that if they ever made a TP model of the Burner, that it is what I should get. So, I had to get them... :D

congrats on the new sticks. thanks for posting some pics too. good luck with those bad boys.

They`re a great set of sticks.Hope you shoot some low scores once the season gets going.

What made you pick the TP version over the regular Burners? Is it playability or less offset?

Thanks all :)

kevin, I chose the TP over the regular version for several reasons.

Plalyability is definitely one, but to take it a bit further, I will say loft/distance. The standard burners are delofted to the point of almost one full club in the 5-9 iron. The loft of the Burner 7-iron, is the same as the TP 6-iron. While it may not seem like a huge deal just hitting irons further, I figured the problem I would have would arise in the short irons. If Im hitting a PW 145-150 yds, the gap is huge from my 56* (at 105 yds) to the PW. If i added a gap wedge to make up for that, I would then have to drop either my 56* or 60* to make up for it.

Less offset,yes, but probably more for aesthetics than playability. The club is more compact with a much thinner topline, and much less offset than the regular burners. For me personally, it is just more pleasing to the eye :)

hot sticks! (no pun intended)

Sweet looking clubs. I didn't even know there was a TP Burner. What shaft did you get?

Those are some good-looking sticks CB. You need to tout those in your sig now.

Sweet looking clubs. I didn't even know there was a TP Burner. What shaft did you get?

They were released in Japan towards the end of 09. Im giving the Nippon NS Pro 950HG a try in them. If they dont work out, I will put my project X in them. :)

Those are some good-looking sticks CB. You need to tout those in your sig now.

I think Im going to wait until they are officially in play to change the sig. Weather is so bad here, they are currently just sitting on my wall in my living room so that I can randomly grab one and chip with it :p

I heard they only sell them 5-pw. Is this true or can you get the 3 and 4 irons also?
By the way beautiful clubs.

I heard they only sell them 5-pw. Is this true or can you get the 3 and 4 irons also?
By the way beautiful clubs.

not true, I have 3-pw :)

Nice sticks CB. Keep us up on the performance. Is it a pain in any way to order from overseas, or did you have to?

Nice sticks CB. Keep us up on the performance. Is it a pain in any way to order from overseas, or did you have to?

I will be sure to update with performance.......as soon as it stops snowing...

I did hit them in the simulator at the PGA superstore. They felt amazing. Ball flight seemed a bit lower, which is good for me. Im hoping to be able to get to the range tomorrow and check out actual ball flight.

The company I work with has a division in Japan, so I actually just had someone there purchase them for me and ship them to me. No problems what so ever.

Great sticks CB!

CB... make it out to the range today? Hope they worked.

I did not :( golf course is closed actually, atlanta area got some snow lastnight and it iced over. Im hoping to get out before next weekend. Its killing me to just look at them sitting there...They look sad...

I did not :( golf course is closed actually, atlanta area got some snow lastnight and it iced over. Im hoping to get out before next weekend. Its killing me to just look at them sitting there...They look sad...

Tell me about it, lol. Two sets of irons and a new driver with two extra shafts. Funny how they just sit there and look at you :D

Update: I have a date with them tomorrow at 10:30, we will see how they work

Congrats on the new set of clubs :wink: I'm just a few days late on this!

Back