Nike Releases MachSpeed Irons for Men & Women

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Nike Golf Introduces its Fastest, Longest Irons Ever - MACHSPEED

BEAVERTON, Ore. (February 8, 2010)– With a passionate desire to inspire consumers to become better golfers, Nike Golf has introduced the fastest and longest irons the company has ever developed to date - the Nike SQ MACHSPEED irons.

Due in stores on February 25, 2010, the SQ MACHSPEED irons represent three key functions: speed, stability and launch. Speed leads to distance. Stability leads to forgiveness. And launch leads to functionality. The key advantage for golfers with the SQ MACHSPEED irons is that they combine a high launch with increased distance.

“With MACHSPEED, we’ve developed a very fast iron through new and dynamic construction that works,” said Tom Stites, Director of Club Creation for Nike Golf. “This iron is all about helping golfers increase their ball speed in order to generate distance. Our patented PowerBow technology allows golfers to launch the ball high and increase distance – a perfect combination to improving your game.”

Speed and Distance

To achieve speed and distance, the two-piece SQ MACHSPEED irons have a higher CT (Characteristic Time) in the wider areas on the face resulting in faster ball speeds and longer distance. The new game-improvement Nike irons feature a combination of AM 355 alloy and an off-the-face weld construction that creates a thinner, hotter face and a wider sweet zone. The new SQ MACHSPEED construction offers an extremely hot center area that expands lower on the face where the ball is more likely to be in contact to prevent a decrease in distance.

Stability and Forgiveness

The SQ MACHSPEED irons provide stability and forgiveness because of Nike’s PowerBow technology. Nike’s innovative PowerBow technology was first introduced in its earliest SQ product, the groundbreaking Nike SasQuatch driver in 2006. The Nike PowerBow creates an extremely deep center of gravity and provides a wider sweet spot.

Launch and Functionality

Completing the three key functions of the Nike SQ MACHSPEED irons is the launch capability. The SQ MACHSPEED features a deep undercut behind the face, which repositions 50 grams of weight out and back to the PowerBow for high launching shots that travel far and land softly.

Availability – February 25, 2010 at golf shops and specialty stores nationwide

Men’s: 4-PW, AW; Steel: S,R,A; RH/LH; MSRP: $839.99 MAP: $699.99
Men’s: 4-PW, AW; Graphite: S,R,A; RH/LH; MSRP: $959.99 MAP: $799.99

Women’s: 5H, 6H, 7-PW, SW; Graphite: W (RH); MSRP: $959.99 MAP: $799.99

783868128_qxzjQ-L.jpg

783868117_JAGTi-L.jpg

Definitely busy looking but they are on my list to try in 2010. Our home hole has a 2nd shot that is 180 in, 160 over water so anything high launching and powerful is on the short list.

Is it an autobot or decepticon?

Autobot of course. That is bumblebee.

Oh, come on. Show a little love.

I think these irons look gorgeous.

Maybe its one of those you need to see in person. I actually dont think they look that bad maybe a little busy.

taylormade_burner_irons-400-400.jpg

10375223-ping-g15-irons.jpg

564.jpg

I really don't think the Machspeed irons are any "busier" than any of the ones shown here, but yet that's the general "consensus" right now. LOL.

• Admin
Oh, come on. Show a little love.

I think these irons look gorgeous.

But to be fair, its Nike and you seem to be a little biased...hehe

Maybe its one of those you need to see in person. I actually dont think they look that bad maybe a little busy.

I agree that it is a little busy. I am looking forward to reviewing them.

agreed, a little busy for me

Re: Nike Releases MachSpeed Irons for Men & Women

They do look a little Tron-ish, but I wouldn't be too embarrassed to carry them.

The more I look at them, the more I like them. Busy or not. They just scream technology to me. We will find out soon hopefully.

I don't mind the look, but to be fair I liked the green/black Slingshots when I first saw them. I may not have the best taste for first impressions :laughing:

The more I look at them, the more I like them. Busy or not. They just scream technology to me. We will find out soon hopefully.

I agree 100%. I dont love them but they actually look good. I wouldnt have such a bulky club but people do like that. I cant wait to hear the review because they may whistle like the slingshot did. I couldnt get over that

They look busy from the back.. But to me it just depends on how the look from address.

We should have a his and hers set in our hands next week to give everybody a review on.

Back