THP FL Golf Outing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year we spoke about doing a National THP outing and holding it at a resort course that we are fond of, but let's face it, the economy is just not there yet for some people and when we do hold that, I want it to be for everybody so we can have a couple of hundred there and rock the place out.

In the mean time, GG and I were discussing having a FL golf outing for anybody that is interested. We will hold it at a local course that we are fond of (deciding between a few now) and then have dinner/drinks. If there is a decent turnout, we may even do the dinner and drinks via a BBQ at our home (this part is still under discussion).

This outing will be available for everybody that wants to join and from anywhere they want to come from. Depending on the interest, we could even make it a 2 day or weekend outing if people decide to come in from a distance. Being in SW FL there is no shortage of hotels, motels, or anything else.

Dates are still being discussed and we are open to suggestions. I am even speaking with some companies about getting some demo equipment out here for everybody to try out while visiting.

Edit - We are looking at April 17th & 18th.

The last thing I want to add is that this will be an outing for ALL SKILL LEVELS. Good, Bad, or otherwise.

One last thing!!!!!

Spoiler
GG WILL BE PLAYING IN THIS AS WELL!

EDIT: So far, here is what we know.

Date: April 17th & 18th

Courses: As of now we are looking at Sarasota National & Pelican Pointe Golf & Country Club. Once we have a head count we can make the proper arrangements. Both courses have greens fees of between $50 & $60. We are trying to get a group discount on top of that.

Clubs: We are working with a few companies to also do a mixed demo day or have equipment sent in for trial and for some prizes. (of course there will be prizes).

Contests: We will be giving away some prizes and again it will be based on head count what companies are going to send.

After Golf: After the round on the 17th, GG and myself are welcoming everybody back to our home for food and drinks. That includes the small frozen drink machine (Yay).

Accomodations: There are quite a few places nearby that are quite inexpensive for those that do not live local.

We would love to have everybody come and enjoy the two days of THP Golf. If you can confirm, please send me a PM, so I can put you down as "in".

Demo, Testing, & Prizes

THP is in contact with many companies for test clubs, devices, etc... as well as prizes for contests. We will update this section as we hear back from the different companies that are sending things for the THP'ers to try out while they are down here. We are not going to say what is for demo and what is for prizes, but lets just say we are going to have some fun down here!!!

As of right now, we have some fun companies on board.

OnPar GPS - GPS Unit
Izzo - Swami GPS Unit
Gogie Girl - Ladies Hats
Evolve Golf - THP Logo Golf Tees
Taylormade Golf - Equipment
Cleveland Classics - Apparel
SeeMore Putters - Equipment
The Golf Ring - Training Aid
Pukka Hats - Hats
Bushnell - GPS & Rangefinder
Scratch Golf - Equipment
Nike Golf - Equipment
Rife - Putters
Bettinardi Golf - Putters
Cleveland Golf - Equipment
Mizuno Golf - Equipment
Spotless Swing Towel - Towels for everybody
Heavy Putter - Putters (Light, Mid, Heavy)
knetgolf - Golf balls
Callaway Golf - Equipment
Fourteen Golf - Equipment
STX Putters

Last edited:
Whoooo...I We'd love to go. I guess I can visit the BF's mom while we're there!!

Oh yeah, I'm down. I'll pass by the Hard Rock in Tampa so I can win some money that I'm sure I'll lose to you great folks.

Count me in and let me know which day(s) I need to take off from work if necessary!

Air fare LAS-MIA-LAS is around $350. $100 a night for 4 room nights, Hmmm.... this might be doable.......

I am interested to hear more.

• Admin
We are looking at April 17th & 18th as a possibility and have already talked to the courses for no issues there. Once we get an idea of a head count we can definitely put down the courses. If it is 2 days we are looking at Sarasota National, which is a longer open course and then Boca Royale which is a short tight course. Both will be a blast.

Yeah, me too hee hee :D

I am there. The SE golfers thing is April 23-24 so I may just take a week of vacation and spend it golfing!

I'd go but i'm affraid I would get banned for my drinking...... just kidding just kidding JB

I'd go but i'm affraid I would get banned for my drinking...... just kidding just kidding JB

Is this necessary?

Sounds like fun to me. I'll start working on it. How far from the TM fitters are you?

We're celebrating our anniversary a tad belatedly that weekend. Sorry--the theatre tickets are already bought, and I'd prefer to remain married.

this may run up against my San Diego trip in April......might be doable but I would need to rent clubs. don't want to lug my sticks to San Diego, then to FL, then to PA unless I can do Southwest the baggage fee would kill me :banghead:

Im sure I could find a set of irons for you TH.

This is a little far but I might be very tempted to do this. :D

i might grab my brother, hit the road, stop along the way and pickup setho and gray and head that way. it's a good excuse to visit the grandfolks as well.

i might grab my brother, hit the road, stop along the way and pickup setho and gray and head that way. it's a good excuse to visit the grandfolks as well.

Now that sounds like a plan. We think everybody will have a blast.

Back