Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hackers Paradise, where golf isnt just a game, its a lifestyle

I personally really like the belt buckle THP so I think it should be incorporated in whatever design it goes with . Then you can put the THP on whatever clothing you want and people would be used to seeing it and know what it stands for.

Well, I am not sure about the lettering. My thoughts on logos are that the good ones are timeless (like the Coca Cola logo that has never changed). To me, the lettering looks a little 70's futuristic. The green one needs some kind of outline or it just looks like it is floating there waiting to be finished.

I like the golfer and I like how the color scheme is simple, but I think the color scheme on the green one is a little too simple.

Creating a logo is no simple task. People make big $$$ doing this sort of thing. It takes some kind of genius to create something simple that is also very memorable. Look at Nike where the :nike: is their logo. :taylormade: is another good example. The T is a basic design and the rest of the logo is their name written in a non-trendy font.

I am no expert, these are just my thoughts that I gathered after thinking about what didn't click for me.

Thats exactly what I had said, its the same with PUMA. You can see the puma and know what company it is. Or Cleveland

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party but have read every post on this thread and really like some of the ideas thrown out there. So far my favorite is Seth's adapted version of the original that JB posted. However some of the later ones are really sharp too.

Keep it up- I'd chime in but the best I can come up with would be the golf inspired clip art in MS Word.....sorry!

now this is only my opinion. I think the logo looks like the sega genesis baseball video game logo. that was my first impression. it looks a little too baseball-e to me. I like the logo JL posted that's much more golfer like.

Also, someone said something about a bag of clubs. That idea could have some potential.
Ex:
Picture2-34.jpg

The bag idea is good (if I do say so myself). I think you could come up with a lot of interesting ideas based on that. And I can't think of anyone who is using it....

thplogo.png

I tried to come up with something really simple.

I didn't have adequate SW tools to do the job, but you get the idea.

The bag idea is good (if I do say so myself). I think you could come up with a lot of interesting ideas based on that. And I can't think of anyone who is using it....

Unfortunately for me, I think the bag idea sends the "equipment" message, and in the end, we are not an equipment place, but more of a lifestyle place.

thplogo.png

I tried to come up with something really simple.

I didn't have adequate SW tools to do the job, but you get the idea.

This was one of our early ideas, but every person we talked to said that the "tee for the T" has been done so many times. They could be wrong of course.

If someone could create a silhouette of someone holding a golf club over the shoulder and a drink in the other hand, that would convey what we do here very well I think. I can see it in my head and I hope I explained it well enough. I may try to make something like that when I get the time.

If someone could create a silhouette of someone holding a golf club over the shoulder and a drink in the other hand, that would convey what we do here very well I think. I can see it in my head and I hope I explained it well enough. I may try to make something like that when I get the time.

Im intrigued. Hopefully you have the time now...hehe

I think paradise, I think of a beach or something tropical. Maybe make the T out of a Palm Tree and I am stuck after that. Any thoughts??

I like Seths direction and hope he pulls that off, but I keep coming back to the two page back ground you had in the inagural magazine with the flag on the green with horizon.

I also picture a silhoute of a tree on the edge of a green. Wish I had the software to create something.

i've got my graphic designer working on a few things. JB, i'll hopefully be emailing them to you by the end of the day!:D

i've got my graphic designer working on a few things. JB, i'll hopefully be emailing them to you by the end of the day!:D

This I am excited about! A real professional working on something.

I am excited to see what he/she comes up with.

I am excited to see what he/she comes up with.

it's a he. i'm really focusing on "THP" and i'm also going in the oval shape direction b/c i feel like it's something that could be useful for apparel as well.

he's working on about 4 different specs and please feel free to make any sort of changes you'd like to them and i'll have him edit them to your liking.

More...

thp3.jpg

thp4.jpg

-JP

Different version...

thp5.jpg

If I may, I'd like to offer an opinion.

To me, as a golfer and as a consumer, a logo such as the one above (or one similar to it) conveys the mental image of a "hacker". A person who plays the game for no other reason than for the love of the game.

The image suggests an "everyman". A guy who pores over golf magazines, watches tournaments and plays until the light runs out because he can't get enough of the game of golf.

Secondly, I don't know what type of "branding" you're looking for, but again, as a consumer I'm tired of slick "corporate" type branding and the image of a real person in a real setting humanizes the whole concept and makes it feel as if what you're offering is directed at real people rather than just "clients", which to me makes it more personal and thus more appealing.

A more personalized logo also ties in with your site overall. It's a place that attracts a wide variety of people and covers a wide range of topics and seems to convey a sense of community rather than just a nut's and bolts approach to golf.

What I'm basically saying is that an image that's more "earthy" seems more appropriate rather than a slick or stylized image that may be very "Madison Avenue Chic", but lacks warmth.

Just my two cent's worth.

-JP

I really like that image JP, and I think you're pretty accurate in what you've written. However, I think that THP is looking for a logo which IMO needs to be simple and uncomplicated yet convey what THP is to its members.

Just keep in mind that all logos would have to be royality free. So make sure if you are putting something together it is not of images that belong to someone else.

I really like that image JP, and I think you're pretty accurate in what you've written. However, I think that THP is looking for a logo which IMO needs to be simple and uncomplicated yet convey what THP is to its members.

You hit the nail on the head. While I like the picture of a golf cart and leaning golfer, THP to many of us is more than that. Its about style, its about friendship, and its about the game we all love.

We want something that is sharp, edgy, modern, but most of all is simple and conveys that message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back