looking for a new driver

bigpushright

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys just looking for your opinion on a new driver.I shoot mid 80s have about an 88 mile an hour driver swing and have trouble getting the ball up in the air high.I currently game a Nickent 4dx t spec draw 12 degree driver.My mishit is a slice.I have read alot of reviews on the Mizuno mx 700 and feel that the 10.5 would be right for me.However i cannot hit one as no shop around here has one.Do you think this would be the best fit for my swing?I can try the g15 at golftown and some others.What do you think?

looking for new driver

looking for new driver

JB i read the shootout and it was great.I must compliment you on what a wonderful job you do reviewing equipment.Golfwrx used to be my favourite site but since i have found THP i always come to read stuff first.I also read the forgiving driver shootout and the mx 700 did good there.Hopefully some members with around an 88 mph driver swing who hit it around 250 260 and fight a slice can chime in cheers!

Wow, that is a good poke for the swing speed. That is my driving distance (around 250) and I am at 95 or so mph. The MX-700 is a great driver and super forgiving. It launches high, but it works well and has great carry.

Thanks for the kind words on the site.

my swing speed and distances are similar to JB's but if you have trouble fighting a slice perhaps you should look into some drivers that are adjustable: TM R9, Nike Str8, or Cobra ZL. I would think that those would be good starting points.

I'm playing the G10 with a 98 swing speed with the stock 129R shaft - best driver I've hit. Though I am tempted by the G15.

Have you looked into some square drivers? FT-I or FT-iQ, maybe the Dymo2?

I have a golfin buddy who fights a bad slice. I have seen him try 5 or 6 dirvers, and slices every one... I would try to fix the swing flaw that is causing it... I know I know, easier said than done. But think you would be way happier in the end.

And I agree with the adjustable drivers... You can close it now, and if you can figure out your swing, open it back up... Saves another driver purchase!!

Back