Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

Here's a list of members that have either shown interest in the outing or I somehow thought they might be interested. Please let me know if I've missed someone or have someone here not interested.

Also, the more the merrier so if anyone else would like to make this outing just let me know, we have plenty of room.

Thanks, Due

TheDue
Cwill
Puttin4Bird
Crazygolfnut
Fourputt
Royal Wulff
Sodakrep
Fwyngrns
Graz
Cyzfitz
Dirt_Guy
Snickerdoodles
White Rhino
Mo_Hacker
Thainer21
2659edward

Yes I am interested in the tournment but it is a little to early to confirm it yet. :act-up:

Duey is starting to remind me of a Cocker Spaniel. He's beside himself with excitement. You guys better not disappoint him.

So far so good Duey, everything looks great and you are a fine person for organizing all of this. I have played Quarry Oaks twice and Iron Horse many many times--Woodland Hills once and Tiburon several times, all of which have been mentioned on this thread. For this event I would feel very comfortable suggesting Quarry Oaks. Quarry Oaks is absolutely gorgeous and in 2009 was #55 in Golf Digests top 100 public courses list--#7 when re-ranked according to price. This place is amazing.

The reply rate at Quarry Oaks is definitely a great bargain and well worth the $25 to see the place again, I would say that a day where fewer people are traveling would work best to play QO so this way we can spend 8 hours plus on the golf course. Nothing like getting out around 7am, finishing a round, grabbing lunch, re-drawing partners/teams/whatever and going back out for another 18. The 2nd time around will be more enjoyable too because there are a few little nuances that are helpful to have seen a time or two to help you shoot a good score. Last time I played there they did not have GPS, however they do have Sky Caddies for rent in the pro shop.

Iron Horse is another absolute must in my opinion, actually it's my favorite golf course that I regularly have an opportunity to play. It's not real long, borderline short actually, but definitely packs a punch and if you're not paying attention it'll slap you across the face with a big triple bogey in a heart beat. Check out their site- great hole by hole walk thru, tell me who wants to tee off first on #10 with some skins on the line? http://golfironhorse.com/
Iron Horse has a fantastic GPS system in their carts so this course is a great place even if you've never played it. It's usually in impeccable condition and the staff is as nice as any you'll find. Great option for this outing!

Iron Horse, Quarry Oaks, and Woodland Hills are all a part of the Nebraska Golf Trail, I don't see anything on their site for sure but I'm sure if asked they could provide a good package deal for us to play both Iron Horse and Quarry Oaks (Woodland Hills is getting a little further away, but for those sticking around and don't mind 45 minutes in the vehicle it's worth it). After seeing concrete dates in this thread I believe this will work out very well for me and I am definitely looking forward to it.

JB, they have an airport in Omaha and you might even be able to fly in pretty cheap! We'll cover your lodging if you make it there!

Great stuff right there, thanks Bird. The idea of three different courses in two days works for me, like the Nebraska Trail deal, but not sure everyone else would like that. At any rate it sounds like we'll be on a couple great tracks, for a lot less than I've played in most parts of the country. It's hard to explain the beauty of a course like this or some in Missouri with the timber, the river, wildlife. Were going to have a blast.

I'd gladly throw in my part to get JB up here a couple days. That would be really cool.

Duey is starting to remind me of a Cocker Spaniel. He's beside himself with excitement. You guys better not disappoint him.

Some how I skipped over this and just now spotted it, "woof, woof"! You think I'm a dog, Diane? I love to too girl. :D Actually, I am really excited about this. I wish we could get to a full 20 people to lock things in and heck if we had a real blow out with like 60 we could put lots of cool stuff together, but I think big, lol.

Seem's to me that done right, an "Open" of some kind would draw a bunch of golfers and a bunch of interest to join the site in a region. But thats something for another time, this is for the members to meet and enjoy each others company.

I'm in! I will come out and say it.. I will make it work.... I have one tourney scheduled for May 21st and 22nd.. So end of May would work. I have played all the courses mentioned multiple times. I would recommend anyone of them, but if you are serious about your golf, then 36 @ Quarry Oaks one day and 36 at Iron Horse the next day will give you the most bang for your buck. Both Quarry and Iron Horse offer $25.00 replay options... So you get 72 holes of golf for approx - $175.00... At IMHO Top Notch Golf Courses.

Some how I skipped over this and just now spotted it, "woof, woof"! You think I'm a dog, Diane? I love to too girl. :D

You bet and that was a compliment. I think you are going to put together a great event. Wish I could be there too.

Great to have you aboard Fwysngrns! That sounds like some serious golf to me and I'm game. The pictures of these courses look great, we'll have a bunch of fun. Over here on my part of the state it's mostly all flat and kind of boring, so this will be a really nice change.

We have like 14 or 15 commited and another 2 or 3 very interested with lots of time left. Hope I didn't plan to far ahead!

You bet and that was a compliment. I think you are going to put together a great event. Wish I could be there too.

You can! Just hop on that thing with wings and come on down. Bring the boy's with you too.

You're getting me pretty pumped for this event too Duey. I think I'll only be able to play Tuesday morning (25th) because I need to be in Cheyenne that evening. Your party planning skills are doing great so far! Thanks for spearheading the operation.

Wow, Dirt_Guy, thanks you. I just want to set something up that everyone of us really enjoys. It"s a bonus having people like you from across the country attend. We'll have a blast with it for sure, just hope I can move the next day after all that golf, lol.

Ok I am seriously bummed out now. I won't be able to make this outing since the weekend picked is our anniversery weekend and I really don't think MRS. Wulff would be real happy about me going out to play golf all weekend. You guys and gals have fun and hit a drive off the first tee for me.

Ok I am seriously bummed out now. I won't be able to make this outing since the weekend picked is our anniversery weekend and I really don't think MRS. Wulff would be real happy about me going out to play golf all weekend. You guys and gals have fun and hit a drive off the first tee for me.
We'll be playing during the week. You can do all of the anniversary stuff and head on out!

This sounds like a lot of fun, its just too far and not really in a drive-able distance, we'd have to hop on a plane and head on over :crying:

Yep Wolff, were playing on Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus you could bring the Mrs. to beautiful Nebraska as part of the anniversary and be a hero, lol.

This sounds like a lot of fun, its just too far and not really in a drive-able distance, we'd have to hop on a plane and head on over :crying:

A flight to Omaha should be pretty resonable and I think you would like the area. Its a pretty place with great people.

Yep Wolff, were playing on Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus you could bring the Mrs. to beautiful Nebraska as part of the anniversary and be a hero, lol.

A flight to Omaha should be pretty resonable and I think you would like the area. Its a pretty place with great people.

Not only airfare, but we'd also need a place to stay and don't forget the rental, is your home available?? :D

Duey: I'll make you a deal :D

You come to our outing on Saturday and we'll show up to yours :wink:

Not only airfare, but we'd also need a place to stay and don't forget the rental, is your home available?? :D

My place is a bit too far away, almost 3 hours, and a dinky little rental at that, lol.

Duey: I'll make you a deal :D

You come to our outing on Saturday and we'll show up to yours :wink:

I'd love to more than you know, but after being off this last week my partners might "Part" with me if I go on vacation now, hehe

One would think but she has made plans for us already here in the mountains. Some how i don't think changing her plans would make me a hero. :confused2:

My place is a bit too far away, almost 3 hours, and a dinky little rental at that, lol.

I'd love to more than you know, but after being off this last week my partners might "Part" with me if I go on vacation now, hehe

One of these days, we'll get out towards that way...you can be our personal tour guide/chauffeur :good:

I fully understand. Disapointed in not getting to meet and share a good time with you, but understand. I would be in the dog house as well, hehe

One of these days, we'll get out towards that way...you can be our personal tour guide/chauffeur :good:

Sounds good GC. This part of the state has lots of corn to see, :D

Sounds good GC. This part of the state has lots of corn to see, :D

Its a deal :)

It isn't a weekend Tol... We'd drive on Monday, play Tuesday and Wednesday then drive back. We could even drive back after playing Wednesday morning if you wanted.

Back