Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually kind of what I thought tc. If the THP and Hacker's Paradise were rounding up slightly, it would loose it's blocky appearance. Not to mention feel a lot better on a hat. Then a slight fade of light to dark from left to right across the logo.

now that's a good idea, thanks duey for making sense out of my muddled mess. too bad i'm not at work today, we have a team of about 8 graphic designers that i could get building specs for me. maybe tomorrow.

now that's a good idea, thanks duey for making sense out of my muddled mess. too bad i'm not at work today, we have a team of about 8 graphic designers that i could get building specs for me. maybe tomorrow.

Thats cool. There you go!

I like the idea of the buckle as a logo, but the problem is that for many, it does not have the general meaning that it has for us forum members. I like that font and styling, heck it made a great buckle, but I would like something to go along with it.

Well I think you can use that logo as the base... with "The Hackers Paradise" in a stylish font below... and I agree it would be nice to have something golf oriented to bring it all together so people will instantly connect THP with golf. I'm trying to think of something that isn't overplayed and "cookie cutter"... I think of trendy, forward thinking, when I picture THP...

Hopefully something will pop for someone out there in THP land...

Why not do a two color logo? Have the letters in black and the dude in green or vice versa. But keep the black and green as your main colors.

I also agree in dropping the 'The Hackers Paradise' .

JL any way you can try to work the golfer within the 'THP'? If you noticed the major sports that use a logo with a person in it (NBA & MLB) they are white within a color block and not the main draw.

I love the idea, but a lot of people have a different interpretation of what THP is. To me THP is a golf lifestyle place rather than just an equipment place. THat is what makes us different. Equipment, Style, Actually playing, travel, etc... are what makes this place different.

JB - When I read the word lifestyle I started thinking relaxation, conversation... and I a picture of a beverage with golf balls as the ice and a golf flag as the stirrer or umbrella.

This may be way off from what you may be thinking, but it may also help stir something else up in someone else...

We are open to all kinds of ideas. That sounds fun as well. I am so graphically challenged I hope some can help.

I love all the ideas people are coming up with. I like the idea of the belt logo as well but as most said it still needs something else. I wish there was a way to incorporate both golf and style into the logo to people get the sense that we are in fact a golf lifestyle empire.

I am with JB I am completely graphically challenged and am just amazed at what you all can come up with. What do you all think about doing a contest around this?

Seth: That looks great!! Its nice how THP stands out :good: Great job!!

JB - When I read the word lifestyle I started thinking relaxation, conversation... and I a picture of a beverage with golf balls as the ice and a golf flag as the stirrer or umbrella.

This may be way off from what you may be thinking, but it may also help stir something else up in someone else...

Right on man. I think of a martini glass with golf balls for the olives and a golf flag for the spear through the olives. What does golftini's logo look like?

There are already quite a few logos like that I believe. I could be wrong.

I am with JB I am completely graphically challenged and am just amazed at what you all can come up with. What do you all think about doing a contest around this?

A contest could be a good idea, but a pool of ideas would result in a better logo potentially. I would not want to borrow design cues from somebody if it as a contest, but the combination of logo ideas would probably lead to something fantastic.

Seth: That looks great!! Its nice how THP stands out :good: Great job!!

Thanks GC! I love doing little graphic design things.

A contest could be a good idea, but a pool of ideas would result in a better logo potentially. I would not want to borrow design cues from somebody if it as a contest, but the combination of logo ideas would probably lead to something fantastic.

Thanks GC! I love doing little graphic design things.

You are super at it ;)

I know a lot of you have been pondering the NFL, MLB, etc. style of logos.
Here's something for thp going along those lines:
Picture3-18.jpg

I'd still like to explore other options...

I'm not really computer graphically gifted so a quick sketch while at work of what I was picturing...
Maybe Seth, JL or someone else can clean it up on your computer.

THPROUGH.jpg

I keep getting stuck on the THP Buckle Logo... that may have to come off it may make it too busy and prob won't show up if the logo gets shrunk down...
I hope it can be a secondary logo at the very least... I like that one a lot!

Also, someone said something about a bag of clubs. That idea could have some potential.
Ex:
Picture2-34.jpg

I'm not really computer graphically gifted so a quick sketch while at work of what I was picturing...
Maybe Seth, JL or someone else can clean it up on your computer.

THPROUGH.jpg

I keep getting stuck on the THP Buckle Logo... that may have to come off it may make it too busy and prob won't show up if the logo gets shrunk down...
I hope it can be a secondary logo at the very least... I like that one a lot!

I am really liking this idea! It says relaxed but serious.

Here's another thought:
Maybe we should think about playing off the word "paradise." Usually you think of palm trees, sunsets, etc., but you could say this site is about what a "paradise" means to a golfer. Maybe it's a simple deciduous tree, or a wide rolling fairway, or a simple patch of grass.
And going along this train of thought, I can't help but think of the sand of a bunker being portrayed as a "paradise" beach. Maybe it would be cool to see an umbrella or sandcastles in a bunker.
Just thinking out loud...

Thanks Seth I appreciate it... I really like a lot of the stuff you have been doing as well.
I hope you or someone else could put it into a computer graphic form....

Some of these are starting to get seriously good. Perhaps rather than a contest we do something that the person that comes up with the logo we end up using will be "taken care of".

Some of these are starting to get seriously good. Perhaps rather than a contest we do something that the person that comes up with the logo we end up using will be "taken care of".

When JB or GG says they will take care of you, they really mean it!

Here's another thought:
Maybe we should think about playing off the word "paradise." Usually you think of palm trees, sunsets, etc., but you could say this site is about what a "paradise" means to a golfer. Maybe it's a simple deciduous tree, or a wide rolling fairway, or a simple patch of grass.
And going along this train of thought, I can't help but think of the sand of a bunker being portrayed as a "paradise" beach. Maybe it would be cool to see an umbrella or sandcastles in a bunker.
Just thinking out loud...

I love where you are going with that idea. My only fear is that if we play off the sand trap part of it we might be a little too similar to another competing website...

If there is a way to work with that idea without getting us confused with the other site I really do like your thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back