Nike Nuggets 2/4/10

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Each week Nike sends out what they call Nike Nuggets and we really like them. It just informs us of what is going on with the brand and their arsenal of players and from now on we are going to pass the info onto our THP readers.

Anthony Kim now has 14 Nike clubs in his bag, he just added Nike's new Method putter to his arsenal.

Suzann Pettersen has also made the switch to Nike's new Method putter.

There are 21 days until the SQ Machspeed driver, irons, fairway woods, and hybrids hit the market. They launch 2/25/10.

Those are the nuggets for this week. We will bring them to you each and every week.

Very cool, thanks!

Thanks for posting that, hope AK can get those 14 Nike clubs in his bag working this year!

Method putter gaining some popularity.

Good stuff. :clapp:

AK better get his sh*t together this year, too. Play America's PGA Tour and try to finish in the top 50 once in a while, while you're at it.

You were supposed to be the next big thing in golf. Start acting like it.

/ I feel better now.

Oh, and since I'm a lucky individual w/ a bit of a connection to Nike equipment, I have now had my MachSpeed driver for about two weeks now. I love it.

What are your thoughts on the Machspeed? Do you have the factory shaft in it?

I thought Nike'd come out with a new name for their tour balls!

What are your thoughts on the Machspeed? Do you have the factory shaft in it?

My thoughts are that I love it. I'm tearing up the simulators and launch monitors w/ it. :D

Seriously though, I tested both the VR and Machspeed driver and liked them both, but since I can be erratic off the tee at times, the Machspeed won out because of it's ultimate forgiveness.

Don't think forgiveness means less distance though. I was consistently 8-10 yards longer than my last driver. (A Cobra L5V)

And yes, I have and will keep the factory shaft on it. The UST Mamiya shaft was partly made especially for this driver. It's a very good one.

I thought Nike'd come out with a new name for their tour balls!

The Nike One name is getting to be real well known to where I doubt they will want to go away from that.

Kinda like I doubt Titleist would change the ProV name anytime soon.

Thanks for the information. I plan on it being my next driver, I also said that last year when the dymo came out but to me didn't out perform my sumo2 5900.

Good to hear about the shaft I like ust shafts, I thought about trying the one Justin leonard has ust attas until i heard it was around 300.00

The nike one tour ball heard 15 ball pack and something about a sleeve of the fifteen being a different color nike logo.

The Nike One name is getting to be real well known to where I doubt they will want to go away from that.

Kinda like I doubt Titleist would change the ProV name anytime soon.

oh c'mon the nike nugget is way more catchy than the nike one :bananadance:

I hear that they replaced the Nike Vapor with the Nike Vapor Speed....is this true?

We do not have that info yet. Could be.

Method putter gaining some popularity.

+1...it's interesting to see how many of the Nike guys will end up using this down the road

Great stuff JB, keeps us THP-ers in the know :D

I putted with a method today in my local Golftown store, great feel and look. The only issue I have is the weight, it looks like they are 342 in all shaft lengths which I found odd, normally the shorter lengths are heavier which I like.....I love the #5 model and the good news is that it comes in left. This was so close to knocking out my Yes Donna but I can't get over the weight. I hope they come out with more options.

Thanks for the information. I plan on it being my next driver, I also said that last year when the dymo came out but to me didn't out perform my sumo2 5900.

Good to hear about the shaft I like ust shafts, I thought about trying the one Justin leonard has ust attas until i heard it was around 300.00

The nike one tour ball heard 15 ball pack and something about a sleeve of the fifteen being a different color nike logo.

I too had a sumo2 5900 two seasons ago. I liked it.

I still have my sumo2 wood and two hybrids as well. They aren't leaving the bag anytime soon. I think the sumo2 stuff is better than the Dymo stuff, IMO. Look at ebay for proof. Two year old Sumo2 models are going for just as much or more as last years Dymo models.

Thanks again for the information. I'm looking forward to hitting the machspeed the countdown is on. Wonder why the 9.5 is 440cc and 10.5cc 460cc not sure which one I'll get. I'm sure performance wise shouldn't be any difference just caught my eye and wondered why.

Thanks again for the information. I'm looking forward to hitting the machspeed the countdown is on. Wonder why the 9.5 is 440cc and 10.5cc 460cc not sure which one I'll get. I'm sure performance wise shouldn't be any difference just caught my eye and wondered why.

it is done to add forgiveness as the lofts go up. More of a help to more people. The same way some companies increase offset as the lofts go up.

it is done to add forgiveness as the lofts go up. More of a help to more people. The same way some companies increase offset as the lofts go up.

Yes sir. Also, the less the loft on the driver, the worse it is aerodynamically. So, take some of the profile of the head away, eliminate some of that drag and lessen the weight a little bit, and you have that quick speed hitting the ball.

I too had a sumo2 5900 two seasons ago. I liked it.

I still have my sumo2 wood and two hybrids as well. They aren't leaving the bag anytime soon. I think the sumo2 stuff is better than the Dymo stuff, IMO. Look at ebay for proof. Two year old Sumo2 models are going for just as much or more as last years Dymo models.

personally, my sq2 hybrid is one of the most solid clubs in my bag. i've never had a hybrid that hits the ball so well off the deck.

i'm really excited about the machspeed hybrids. i know you have the driver, have you had the chance to put your hands on/hit the hybrids?

personally, my sq2 hybrid is one of the most solid clubs in my bag. i've never had a hybrid that hits the ball so well off the deck.

i'm really excited about the machspeed hybrids. i know you have the driver, have you had the chance to put your hands on/hit the hybrids?

Not yet, but I will soon. I need a wood, and I have a pretty good feeling after I try out the Machspeed 3 wood, that it will be in my bag soon.

Those hybrids/woods look sweet though, don't they?

I also think the Machspeed irons look sweet.

Not yet, but I will soon. I need a wood, and I have a pretty good feeling after I try out the Machspeed 3 wood, that it will be in my bag soon.

Those hybrids/woods look sweet though, don't they?

I also think the Machspeed irons look sweet.

i think the irons look ok, i'd have to see them in person before i really could make a judgement call about them.

i've been so pleased with the sq that the machspeed's going to get a go from me. it's one of those clubs that i'd buy without hitting just b/c the sq hybrid's been so sweet for me.

i think the irons look ok, i'd have to see them in person before i really could make a judgement call about them.

i've been so pleased with the sq that the machspeed's going to get a go from me. it's one of those clubs that i'd buy without hitting just b/c the sq hybrid's been so sweet for me.

Oh, yeah. I know what you're saying. It's pretty easy for me to get in and hit the Nike clubs, so I just do prior to buying one, or a set.

And about the irons, in person they do look sweet, IMO. They are a bit too much GI for my game though.

If, for some reason, the Machspeed 3 wood doesn't do it for me, I would really probably get a new Sumo2 3 wood from two years ago.

Back