Hole-in-One Today...Sort of

No asterisk needed. Hole in one.

I'm going to assume that par 3 courses have score cards, I don't know because I've never played one. If you write a 1 down for your score on any hole IT'S A HOLE IN ONE!

Re: Hole-in-One Today...Sort of

Heck I count hitting into the trash cans they have at my range for pitch a hole in one. That's what I tell my no golf friends anyways :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one counts. You were behind the tee markers, right? I hope you at least used a decent looking ball. :D

Last edited:
That's a hole in one to me. Great job! Hope you didn't buy a beer for your son, lol.

Totally disagree. I have played some extremely hard courses and on one occasion they had a 91 yard hole that was an island. If I had holed it out, regardless of the club used, I would have counted it.

By definition a hole in one is making the ball go in the hole in one shot. This was achieved and in my mind, you get the glory and the bar tab that goes along with it. Enjoy it DefCon, you deserve it.

Okay. Fair enough. Let me add though.

The hole you speak of is 91 yards ON AN ISLAND, on a real course. Obviously, you count that and feel good about it.

I have played par three courses. I enjoy them. However, they almost have the "miniature golf" type of feel or atmosphere to them. (Read - Not "real" courses or "true" golf)

BTW. I would count a hole in one on a Par three and feel good about it, but I would feel almost like I sold myself short for doing it on a par three course.

Okay, I changed my mind, it counts and it should count. Like I said, I would just rather do it on a "true" course when you only come across 4 or 5 chances out of eighteen for a hole in one, rather than every hole.

BTW - I've never had a hole in one. I was literally about two rolls away from achieving one though. I still have the picture of the ball and hole as it appeared when I walked up to the green on my phone.

Just a reminder everytime I look at my phone how close I was.

I can be hard on myself. :banghead:

Congrats on your first Ace. I am still searching for mine.

All the courses I play are miniature or par 3
I definitely feel good with that.A hole in one on the miniature golf course really makes me feel good.I've never had one on a par 3 course though.

Congrats on your hole in one!

Heck, our little muni has a couple of holes that length, and anyone who gets a hole in one on that course gets his or her name in the local paper.

Heck, our little muni has a couple of holes that length, and anyone who gets a hole in one on that course gets his or her name in the local paper.
Would that be the Mayberry Gazette?

Hey, you got an eagle on a par three..............AKA "a hole in one" Congrats. Now all you have to do is go get another one:clapp:
I do have another one...that was on a "regulation" course. :)

I hate to sound like debby downer here, but I would have a tough time personally counting it on a "course" that you could hardly consider a course.

65 yard hole? I know holing it from that distance is still very tough to do but 65 yards off the tee? For a hole in one? With a LW?

Like I said, personally, I wouldn't count it.

Save your "first" one for a real course on a real par 3.
Technically it was 75 yards (pin was back right of green). And I already have a hole-in-one...165 yard par three.

Plus, my son wants his draft root beer, so it must be legit. :)

Last edited:
Totally disagree. I have played some extremely hard courses and on one occasion they had a 91 yard hole that was an island. If I had holed it out, regardless of the club used, I would have counted it.

By definition a hole in one is making the ball go in the hole in one shot. This was achieved and in my mind, you get the glory and the bar tab that goes along with it. Enjoy it DefCon, you deserve it.
Thanks JB...it felt very good!

Re: Hole-in-One Today...Sort of

DefCon1 said:
Technically it was 75 yards (pin was back right of green). And I already have a hole-in-one...165 yard par three.

And you don't need to count it, but I will.

If it wasn't on a par 5 I'm not impressed!!!

All kidding aside that's very impressive. Congrats again on the new one and another belated congrats on your first.

You may be unaware of the online golf hole in one tradition/rule. You are now obligated to send each and every one of the people who has posted on this thread a 12 pack. Sorry I didn't make the rule but will happily enforce it!!!

. . . You may be unaware of the online golf hole in one tradition/rule. You are now obligated to send each and every one of the people who has posted on this thread a 12 pack. Sorry I didn't make the rule but will happily enforce it!!!
You can make mine Diet Coke!

Thank you once again for all of your kind words...I really appreciate it!!

Congrats Defcon. I bet your son went crazy when it went in.

CONGRATS!

Clearly a hole-in-one in my book. I've played full-length par 72 courses with a par three under 90 yards, so I see no reason why a shot on a par 3 course shouldn't count the same as anywhere else.

It certainly didn't make it any easier to get a 1.68" little white ball to go into a 4.25" hole in the ground.

Last edited:
If it wasn't on a par 5 I'm not impressed!!!

All kidding aside that's very impressive. Congrats again on the new one and another belated congrats on your first.

You may be unaware of the online golf hole in one tradition/rule. You are now obligated to send each and every one of the people who has posted on this thread a 12 pack. Sorry I didn't make the rule but will happily enforce it!!!

LOL! What brand do you prefer? :)

Thanks Claire! I don't think this will make the local paper. Heck, it won't even make the Golf Channel. :)

Back