American Ingenuity at its best

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
I dont know why I love this story. Who would of thought it would blow up.

Man hurt after homemade rocket explodes during party stunt

CNN) -- A 62-year-old Michigan man was severely burned when a homemade rocket strapped on his back exploded while he slid down a snowy hill on a sled, authorities said this week.

The rocket stunt was the grand finale on Saturday during the man's annual sledding party at his Oakland County, Michigan, home, the sheriff's department said.

"He is known for doing 'crazy things' at his parties," an Oakland County sheriff's department statement said. "On this date, after consuming an unknown quantity of alcohol, he constructed a device out of a motorcycle muffler and pipe."

Inside the makeshift rocket, the victim placed gunpowder, heads from matches and gasoline. He donned a helmet and took a sled to the top of a snowy embankment.

"He asked another person to light a wick and then began to sled down a hill. At some point during the ride downhill, the device exploded. The results of the explosion were second-degree burns to the victim's face," the sheriff's department statement said.

No one else was injured during the incident.

The man, whose identity is not yet known, was hospitalized with significant damage to one of his eyes and could face criminal charges, authorities said.
Man hurt after homemade rocket explodes during party stunt - CNN.com

Haa haa, that's great!!

It's amazing how stupid things sound like a good idea to someone who has been drinking!

It's amazing how stupid things sound like a good idea to someone who has been drinking!

I dont know Smalls, that would sound like a great idea sober. As long as its not me with the rocket strapped to my back. I just wished they video taped it and put it on Youtube, bad planning on their part.

I dont know Smalls, that would sound like a great idea sober. As long as its not me with the rocket strapped to my back. I just wished they video taped it and put it on Youtube, bad planning on their part.

+1 how does that not make it onto Youtube? If one of my buddies came up with the idea I would have definitely encouraged him to do it and told him what a dumba$$ he was when it all went wrong.:D

The thing explodes on his back and the guy gets burns on his face? lol

because it wasn't done in the back woods of TN!

Ya but now a days with camera phones there is no excuse. The whole party failed in my opinion.

Great stuff Gas, I want to see the youtube of that one as well.

At 62 years old you would think he'd know better. Up until about 40 something a bunch of us would get together for 4th of July with a home made cannon. By midnight we were always so drunk someone would get hurt in some way or another.

We finally wised up!

Great stuff Gas, I want to see the youtube of that one as well.

At 62 years old you would think he'd know better. Up until about 40 something a bunch of us would get together for 4th of July with a home made cannon. By midnight we were always so drunk someone would get hurt in some way or another.

We finally wised up!

The age kind of threw me off too but it gives me hope that I never have to grow up.

because it wasn't done in the back woods of TN!
That's the best reason that it should have been on video.

Ya but now a days with camera phones there is no excuse. The whole party failed in my opinion.
+1, somebody there could/should have been recording. This thing had EPIC written all over it whether it succeeded or failed.

An old muffler filled with matches, gunpowder, and gasoline.

How could that possibly have gone wrong?

An old muffler filled with matches, gunpowder, and gasoline.

How could that possibly have gone wrong?

Your right Harry. He was missing duct tape and Wild Turkey. Evil Knievel never did anything without some wild turkey in him.

Your right Harry. He was missing duct tape and Wild Turkey. Evil Knievel never did anything without some wild turkey in him.

We don't have any proof that Wild Turkey wasn't involved so I'm giving him a pass on that one. The duct tape may have been destroyed in the fire, it had to be there didn't it? How else would he keeping his fuel in the muffler?

drunks and fireworks don't mix.I lived with a one eyed woman who got that way on a 4th of July party

Back