jimfra1

Reaction score
Handicap
Going to purchase new set of irons the three sets i have shortlisted are Nike full cavity, Mizuno ms 100 or callaway x 22’s anyone offer advice , i have hit all three in store and the only difference is i get slightly longer hit with x 22

I play off 17 handicap

Going to purchase new set of irons the three sets i have shortlisted are Nike full cavity, Mizuno ms 100 or callaway x 22’s anyone offer advice , i have hit all three in store and the only difference is i get slightly longer hit with x 22

I play off 17 handicap

It's up to you, my good man. Why do you like those three? What do you like about each set over the other two? Have you hit those sets on a launch monitor to see subtle differences between them?

I can tell you that I have a little brother who is about your level of HCP and he got the Nike VR full cavity set last summer.

He loves them.

I too have hit the full cavity and I thought they were a great set of irons.

Hit them all. And be open to others. In the Driver Shoot out Contest, Harry shortlisted some drivers that he did not expect to like. Even after testing on the range he took them out on the course for a final decision.

I think you have some nice sets picked out. Just hit them as much as you can. Make sure to be fitted for lie angles and the right flex of shaft.

Good Luck.

You'll see a recurring them here in this thread and on this site....hit everything yuou can get your hands on and then hit them again!

Welcome to THP. You are in a really good spot with those irons as no matter which one you end up with you are going to be happy. I agree with everybody else when I say hit them all and get fit when it comes down to it. If they are all equal in performance, base it on looks and price.

If you are asking which one I liked the best out of those three it was the X-22

I would try and find a demo day and hit as many brands as possible. A outdoor demo day would be the best to see full play flight. Hitting indoors into a net or screen really does not tell the whole story.
If you like a particular brand, seach that brands website to find a dealer in your area.

I play off 17 handicap

I love the Nike Full VR's, just got fitted last week for my set. It was a tough choice between the Nike's and Cleveland CG7's BP.

I love the Nike Full VR's, just got fitted last week for my set. It was a tough choice between the Nike's and Cleveland CG7's BP.

What about the grip i have read on some Forums that the Nike grips are not too great especially in the wet and living in scotland it can be wet regularly

What about the grip i have read on some Forums that the Nike grips are not too great especially in the wet and living in scotland it can be wet regularly

I am one of the few that actually likes the Nike grip quite a bit. But many do not. Either way, regripping costs very little in relation to new clubs.

When I did my fitting I upgraded to the GP red multi-compound, the golf shop through it in for free but it was a $10 upcharge from Nike per club.

Yep, hit as many as you can.

(Okay, I hate when people do what I'm about to do, but I'm going to do it anyway - suggest clubs that weren't in the OP's original list. Sorry.)

And, if you haven't, hit the Mizuno MX-200s and the TaylorMade R9s.

I agree: hit as many as you can. I ended up purchasing a set of irons that weren't even on my radar screen.

Back