JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These just arrived at the THP offices for something we have coming up and we wanted to show you a sample of the shoes in hand.

778548331_3YgZP-L-1.jpg

778548430_MoB86-L-1.jpg

778548437_HGRCD-L-1.jpg

778548479_wFYzc-L-1.jpg

Looking forward to the review on these.

These look very cool :)

Love the graphics on the inside of the shoes!

• Admin
x 2. Are those removable like some of the other FJ's?

That is a good question. Once we get them in the studio for photos, I will check it out. At first pull, if they are removable, they are in their pretty good and I do not want to disturb anything before photos.

I like the view from above the shoe but I don't like the side view. I don't really care for the bottom either a little plastic-ie robotic looking. I'll have to see them in person though to really know.

I dont love them

I got to see these up close and I was not impressed.

I think they look and feel cheap and they are overpriced at $119.99. I would not mind these shoes if they were in the $50 range, because that is what they feel like.

The shoes that were at GG had a different insole pad, they were plain and looked nothing like the one in your photos.

I like the sole of the shoe but that is about it.

In my opinion you are better off getting the Dryjoy techs which are going for about $90.

I got to see these up close and I was not impressed.

I think they look and feel cheap and they are overpriced at $119.99. I would not mind these shoes if they were in the $50 range, because that is what they feel like.

The shoes that were at GG had a different insole pad, they were plain and looked nothing like the one in your photos.

I like the sole of the shoe but that is about it.

In my opinion you are better off getting the Dryjoy techs which are going for about $90.

Are you sure they are the same shoe? We are looking at the catalog and it shows these exact shoes in various photos and when we saw them in the store they were the same as well. hmmm, now I am curious.

I've seen them in person as well and they looked identical to the photographs.

Are you sure they are the same shoe? We are looking at the catalog and it shows these exact shoes in various photos and when we saw them in the store they were the same as well. hmmm, now I am curious.
It said Footjoy Sports on the box and the label. I was really curious about the inside pad because it was very eye catching. I checked a couple of different shoes and they were not what you showed. LOL.

Everything else was identical.

I should have snapped a picture, but did not.

It said Footjoy Sports on the box and the label. I was really curious about the inside pad because it was very eye catching. I checked a couple of different shoes and they were not what you showed. LOL.

Everything else was identical.

I should have snapped a picture, but did not.

So the only difference was the color pattern of the inside pad? I am confused about the cheap comment. I mean, heck its your opinion and thats cool, but these feel really good in my opinion and actually feel better (again, my opinion only) than the Dry Joy Tech

Re: FJ Sport Shoes

The only difference I saw was the pad. When I am in there next time, I'll snap a picture.

They felt cheap and made of a cheap leather and almost plastic feeling.

I own the My Joy Dryjoy techs and they feel nothing like the sports. I picked up the Dryjoy techs that were on sale at GG as a side by side comparison and to me the techs were better.

My wife picked the Sports up and made very similar comments before I even touched them.

It was disappointing because of the materials they used. I thought they were very eye-catching in all of the promotional photos as well as the ones you posted.

My feeling is they aren't worth the $120 they are asking for them.

Thanks for more info. I guess I just do not see the leather thing. They feel almost as good as the ICONS to me. They have less padding than that of the techs, but the techs are a different leather, as I believe they are not 100% leather and that could be what you are feeling.

Im not a FJ guy, as I actually do not wear FJs normally. But I have quite a few pairs and they all feel similar to me in that they are "harder" feeling than that of the Nikes and adidas out there.

I had to look for the longest time to decide whether I thought these were cool shoes or ugly shoes. I decided on the latter, in the end.

Thanks for more info. I guess I just do not see the leather thing. They feel almost as good as the ICONS to me. They have less padding than that of the techs, but the techs are a different leather, as I believe they are not 100% leather and that could be what you are feeling.

Im not a FJ guy, as I actually do not wear FJs normally. But I have quite a few pairs and they all feel similar to me in that they are "harder" feeling than that of the Nikes and adidas out there.
Maybe these get softer as you play and wear them. because you said it better than me, they are harder feeling than some of the other brands.

I know the Myjoys have softened up as I've worn them and conditioned them.

I agree 100% they are not as soft as the adidas.

I'll shoot some pictures of these when I am there...maybe it's just a bad batch. :confused2:

If its only the color of the pad, I would not worry about it too much. The shoes seem to be exactly the same other than that, so it really comes down to personal preference since like you said, the shoes outside of that look identical.

I really like the looks of them, if they wear as good as the Contours I will have a pair.

JB - did you ever post a review of these shoes? I couldn't find it... I was looking into getting the (mostly) white ones...

They were featured in the Spring issue of the magazine.

JB - did you ever post a review of these shoes? I couldn't find it... I was looking into getting the (mostly) white ones...

They were featured in the Spring issue of the magazine.

Back